Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

round cribs?

Joined 2-May-09

17-Jun-09 11:43 pm

I love lurking here and seeing everyone's beautiful nursery photos!  Hearts

I think all of the pink and green themes are because we all spend so much time on here, maybe we subconsciencly associate it with getting our dd's (note the pink and green ingender background)! lol Stick out tongue 

Anyway... I was wondering if anyone has used one of those round cribs?  I've always thought they look pretty neat, but wasn't sure if it would be as functional as a regular style one?  What do you ladies think?  Obviously I am thinking waaaay ahead, as i'm not even preg. yet! (TTC Baby Girl jan. 2010)  But it is still fun to think about how I would make my dream dd's room.

Round crib example:

http://www5.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6E.aspx?DeptID=62438&CatID=63851&GrpTyp=ENS&ItemID=153edb5&attrtype=&attrvalue=&CMID=62438%7c62644%7c63849%7c63850&Fltr=&Srt=&QL=F&IND=56&cmVirtualCat=&CmCatId=62438|62644|63849|63851

Also, what do you think of this bedding and I thought it was kind of cool, and would be good for someone looking for something girly, but not the traditional pastels and pinks.  Happy

"Delilah" Bedding:

http://www5.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6E.aspx?DeptID=62438&CatID=62731&GrpTyp=ENS&ItemID=167502f&attrtype=&attrvalue=&CMID=62438%7c62644%7c62645&Fltr=&Srt=&QL=F&IND=56&cmVirtualCat=&CmCatId=62438|62644|62645|62731

Due Xmas Day 2010        

Team Pink

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Joined 14-Mar-09

Top Poster
17-Jun-09 11:50 pm

I almost got a round crib, but ended up going with the Bratt Decor Jane instead because it converts to a toddler bed (Plus it is soo cute Happy  LOL) I really like your choices, although I am a huge fan of the pink and pastels thing...plenty of time for her to have a sophisticated room when she is older, for now I want a sweet babyish room! Happy  LOL

Btw--no harm in planning ahead!! i'd be picking out ALL of my stuff ahead of the time if I was waiting until Jan to TTC!

Joined 21-Jan-09

Top Poster
18-Jun-09 9:02 pm

Love that bedding!  Too cute.

Hugs VioletBaby GirlHugs VioletBaby BoyHugs VioletBaby GirlHugs Violet

Joined 14-Apr-09

Top Poster
21-Jun-09 2:34 am

Peachy:
Obviously I am thinking waaaay ahead, as i'm not even preg. yet! (TTC Baby Girl jan. 2010)  But it is still fun to think about how I would make my dream dd's room.

You sound just like me! I will doing high tech in Sept 2010 and I am already looking at cribs, prams etc Happy ROFL

I like the round crib but this time around I will get a crib that convert into a toddler bed, I really fancy a sleigh crib. I know that Stokke do a round crib that will grow with the child.

http://www.stokke-nursery.com/en-gb/stokke-sleepi-crib.aspx

I like the bedding too, very different.

Luci Heart

warning: may contain fuck

Joined 21-Jun-09

Top Poster
6-Jul-09 6:08 pm

I think round cribs are kind of adorable.   Just remember:  They need special mattresses, and it can be a little harder or more expensive to find a bedding set.   One of my best friends has the cutest little white round crib... but the bedding she fell in love with was only available in  average crib dimensions.  She's pretty crafty, so she got around it by sewing her own blankets/bumpers/ect. with similiar fabrics she bought at at fabric store.  It turned out really sweet.

If you find something you like, go for it! :)

Page: of 1