Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Any Dec '08 Mommies still around?

Joined 23-Jan-07

Top Poster
2-Jun-09 8:30 pm

How are your babies doing?

DD is an awesome baby.  She's soooo big, I'm betting at least 18 lbs.  She has her 6 mnth check-up next week.  I so dread vaccinations.  Glad they'll be done til 12 months after this.  She's a great nurser and sleeper.  She has rolled over a few times, but she gets stuck on her chubby arm half the time Stick out tongue.  I expect she'll crawl very, very soon, though, she can't be still when we're holding her.  Her Daddy and brothers are so in love with her.  Me too!  We're so happy to have her to complete our family Hearts.

Sometimes on the way to a dream, you get lost and find a better one.

Joined 20-May-07

Top Poster
2-Jun-09 8:54 pm

OMG an Dec 08 mommy!   I could cry when I see the Dec 09 mommies.  Time is going so fast and I hardly remember my pregnancy.  Last year at this time I was on pins and needles awaiting the gender scan.

Fastforeward one year and the 6 month old baby girl in our life is a joy.  I wish I could go back and make time go slower.  She is rolling and laughing and saying "dadadada"  soooo cute.  She loves to pull earrings and hair.  She loves her daddy and her big brothers. 

Can't believe the December 08 babies are 6 months old Baby Bear Girl

Baby Boy 8 Baby Boy 5 Baby Girl IG Miracle Baby is two and a half!

Joined 17-Jul-07

Top Poster
2-Jun-09 9:00 pm

Me!  And my DD is awesome tooHappy Smile.  She's almost 6 months, and the easiest baby I've had.  Not a great sleeper, but much better than my boys.  She's been rolling like crazy since 4 months (like back to fron to back, etc. all the way across the room), now scoots, and sits pretty well---I think she's on the fast track, lol.  And my boys still are in awe of her--it's so great!  Can't wait to hear what the other Dec. 08 babies are up toHappy

Baby Boy 04 Baby Boy 06 Baby Girl IVF/MS/PGD 08 Baby Boy 13 

my girls

Joined 28-Feb-08

Top Poster
3-Jun-09 6:26 am

Our babies are doing great!  They are little, which is to be expected for twins born early.  I am still breastfeeding.  The girls are rolling over and over.  Olivia can sit, but not Kalina.  We are so thankful to have them in our lives.

As far as shots....ask you pediatrician for a prescription for EMLA cream.  You put it on their thigh an hour before getting the shot and it numbs the spot so they have no pain. 

Baby Boy 12 years, Baby Boy 9 years, Baby Boy 6 years, Baby Boy 4 years, Baby Girl Baby Girl two years!

Joined 23-Jan-07

Top Poster
5-Jun-09 4:52 pm

so glad to see a few of you are still around.  I really can't believe it's been 6 mnths.  Lillian-our babes are 6 mnths tomorrow.  I hate that time is going so fast, but I'm already thinking about her 1st birthday party.  I cannot wait to do all the pink stuff!! 

boys4girls0:
As far as shots....ask you pediatrician for a prescription for EMLA cream

already tried to get it, my office sucks apparently and thinks babies should suffer.  I was thinking of getting it online thru a canadian site.  The tylenol really helped last time, so I'll do that again. 

boys4girls0, you need to change your username!! 

Joined 17-Jul-07

Top Poster
5-Jun-09 6:58 pm

boys4girls0:
As far as shots....ask you pediatrician for a prescription for EMLA cream

Did you try this for your IM injections?  I did and didn't think it helped much . . . I still have some though, so I'm wondering if I should try it for DD's shots.  And I agree, you must change your user name!

Joined 14-Jul-08

Top Poster
5-Jun-09 8:05 pm

Hi girls!!  Sounds like the babies are doing great!

Madalyn is 5 and a half months old now and doing great.  She's pretty tiny - she was 12 lbs. 13. oz. when we went in at 5 months a couple weeks ago.  She rolls across the room and creeps around on her belly - so far she can't go forward, but turns herself around and around in circles and backwards Stick out tongue  She is such a happy little girl and is very excited about life in general.  She loves to be held and is very content as long as she's with us and not hungry or tired.  She still won't take a bottle!!  Stubborn little girl!  We tried cereal the other day and she's not crazy about that either.

How are your babies doing with solids?

Baby Boy 5 Baby Boy 2 Baby Girl 1

Tammy

Joined 31-Jan-07

Top Poster
5-Jun-09 8:34 pm

Hi everyone!! I was in this group but ended up having DD early on the 26th of nov. She is the best baby weighing in at around 10 kilos. She not a small girl lol but either are her brothers so figures. Shes eating now and rolls and will be crawwling soon. She has always been a good sleeper and sleeps around 10 hours at nite and little sleeps during the day.So wish she wasnt growing uo so quickly.

Baby Boy '04

Baby Boy '06

Heartbroken Jan '08

Baby Girl 26/11/08

Joined 17-Jul-07

Top Poster
5-Jun-09 8:59 pm

Kiley & her 3 brothers:
Lillian-our babes are 6 mnths tomorrow

I forgot they share a birthday!  I'm kind of sad that's she's already 6 months--even though it's my favorite baby age!  But I agree--the first birthday will be so much funHappy Smile

Joined 23-Jan-07

Top Poster
5-Jun-09 9:37 pm

do you think your baby's have their own little personalities now?!  DD was soooo quiet until about a month ago, now it's like when she's mad, we all know it!!!  can't stay quiet in this house or you'll get lost Stick out tongue.

Joined 14-Jul-08

Top Poster
5-Jun-09 9:57 pm

That's so cute!!  DD is definitely a little chatterbox already.  She acts like she can't wait to play with her brothers, and she thinks anything they do is hilarious.  When she decides she wants something though, watch out!

Baby Boy 5 Baby Boy 2 Baby Girl 1

Joined 23-Jan-07

Top Poster
5-Jun-09 9:59 pm

tropicalbreeze:
She acts like she can't wait to play with her brothers, and she thinks anything they do is hilarious.  When she decides she wants something though, watch out!

yep, same here.   she's always laughing at them.  I keep thinking to when she's about 3 and bossing EVERYONE around.  i can see it already!!  if she's like me, that's how it'll be!

Joined 21-Feb-08

Top Poster
5-Jun-09 10:29 pm

It's nice to hear from all of you! Happy I can't believe DD is almost 6 months old.  She has been changing & growing up so much lately!  She is my easiest baby so far.  Since turning 5 months old, she has: gotten her first 2 teeth, learned to sit up unassisted, learned to roll over both ways, and learned to jump in her jumper.  She moves so much more than she used to!  She's still fully breastfed & won't take a bottle.  She's my littlest baby.  She hasn't been weighed since her 4 month appointment, but I'm guessing she's about 15 or 15 1/2 pounds. 

She also got her ears pierced today.  I had been going back & forth on doing it.  I really wanted to do it, but was a little scared.  The anticipation was worse than it actually happening!  She cried for maybe 10 seconds, then was perfectly fine again.

Joined 21-Feb-08

Top Poster
5-Jun-09 10:33 pm

I forgot to add, it's not all easy- she still doesn't sleep through the night.  She's up about every 3-4 hours at night.  I have the hardest time staying awake for her 2 am feeding! 

Joined 23-Jan-07

Top Poster
5-Jun-09 11:41 pm

dan_jon_megan:
She also got her ears pierced today.  I had been going back & forth on doing it.  I really wanted to do it, but was a little scared.  The anticipation was worse than it actually happening! 

oh yay!  I was the same way.  I always said if I had a DD, I'd definately do it, the I started to panic when I had the date set to go.  My friend saw the fear in my eyes & offered to hold her for me!  It really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be either.

Page: of 2