Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

The pencil test

Joined 29-May-09

29-May-09 7:24 pm

My family ALWAYS does this pencil test and it always ended up accurate(so far).  You can't do it yourself and the person holding it over your wrist has to be steady.  All you need is a nice sharpened pencil...a needle stuck into an even eraser....then thread the thread through the needle. Lol.  That sounded silly!Hearts  Now it suppose to go through ALL your kids.  So, left to right or across your wrist means a girl and up and down the arm or parallel to your arm means a boy.  Then a big circle means no more children.  They had it on Good Morning America like 18 years ago and it was correct on all three of the women who were expecting.  But, I'm sure it's not always correct.  Probably an old wives tale but I believe it SO FAR.  If it's not correct this time I'll mark it as FALSE.  Have fun!!!  Happy  LOL  Could give someone a giggle if it goes through like 20 kids or something. LOL

Joined 24-Dec-08

30-May-09 1:57 pm

i dont have anyone here right now to do it and i'm soo sure DH is going to think i'm nuts when i ask for him to do it but he's gonna!! LOL.  He's given me the look when he sees me doing the ring test,

Did it say you were having a girl next?

Baby Boy 12/2003 Baby Boy 9/2005 Baby Boy 7/2007 Baby Girl 1/2010

Joined 29-May-09

30-May-09 7:30 pm

That's what the test told me anyways.  With my first DS they weren't sure on the ultrasound and mom did the test and said boy, boy at the time and I took that as an okay to buy blue. Turned out correct-o.  I wouldn't advice anyone to go to extremes like that but I'm just an extreme person to do something faith ridden and crazy like that!Happy ROFL  The boom had a second boy and was going to get a tubal lig. but insurance wouldn't cover it for me since I was young at the time.  The pencil test changed when the desire for a daughter became very strong....it went boy, boy and girl. The ring test did the same thing...boy,boy and girl. Hopefuly these are correct!!!!

You can try to do it on your self just make sure you are very steady and clear your mind.

Joined 29-May-09

30-May-09 7:48 pm

I forgot to add that my mother is 100% positive that this ones a girl that she's making baby girl blankets.  I asked her that if she's 100% sure enough to advise me to go out and buy $1,000's of dollars on baby girl things.   She said yes.  Happy ROFL  I just pray that I'm not setting myself up for a gigantic disappointment.  I guess if not, I plan on going high tech.  Getting her one way or another!

Joined 24-Dec-08

30-May-09 9:15 pm

Thats funny that you went out and bought clothes after your mom told you boy. LOL.

GL I really hope you hear girl this time around!!

Ok so i just tried it and DH helped but nothing happened.  The pencil just dangled there and moved a little but nothing that we can tell which direction it was going.  When i did the ring test it really moved where i can tell direction but the pencil just dangled very softly.

Maybe i'm doing something wrong.

Baby Boy 12/2003 Baby Boy 9/2005 Baby Boy 7/2007 Baby Girl 1/2010

Joined 3-Jun-08

Top Poster
31-May-09 2:29 pm

OK so we tried this. Ours went BBBGBG. Which is so cool because we have been talking about TTC soon. I really really hope it's right.Happy Giggle

Steph Baby Boy-10 Baby Boy-6 Baby Boy-4 Baby Girl-2 Baby Boy-14 months

They say #6 is a girl!!! Still don't believe it! 

Make a pregnancy ticker

Joined 28-Feb-08

Top Poster
31-May-09 2:51 pm

This test just don't work. It never stop moving so we can't tell.

Joined 29-May-09

31-May-09 7:14 pm

I'm sorry it didn't work for you guys! Sad  Maybe try it on your own just keep steady.  I did it on my own and it told me the same thing.  I had my DH do it for me and he didn't know what I was doing and I told him to hold it steady and got the same results.  It keeps me thinking positive though!

Lovemyboys

Joined 23-Sep-08

10-Jun-09 11:06 pm

LOL will try

Baby Boy 4/07

11/08. Baby Boy

Baby Girl 4/21/10 I'll believe it when I see it.

Joined 29-May-09

1-Jul-09 10:17 pm

mine was wrong...  worthless test

Joined 5-Nov-08

Top Poster
6-Jul-09 6:58 am

hooping_mama86:

mine was wrong...  worthless test

Are you getting third boy or you are not thinking about third child at all?

Sorry that it proved wrong for you.

Married to DH since 10 yrs G 7 yrs B 1.5 yrs Our family is complete !!!
Page: of 1