Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Even though you're "done", is there something you can't part with?

always tired...never bore

Joined 10-Dec-06

Top Poster
17-May-09 10:24 am

I don't mean a special momento like their first pair of shoes, coming-home outfit, or favorite toy...I mean something silly like ~~

I bought an Ovacue when I was ttc dd.  The DAY I bought it I O'd and she was conceived THAT DAY!  I still can't believe it...  So, a brand new Ovacue has been sitting on my closet shelf for a year and a half.  And I can't seem to part with it.  I just got it off the shelf and considered putting it on ebay, but I'm just not ready yet.  Isn't that stupid?

Okay, tell me I'm not the only one here girls....

Baby Boy~Baby Boy~Baby Girl        ~BLESSED~

Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were big things.   -- Robert Brault

"We either make ourselves miserable,
  or we make ourselves strong. 
    The amount of work is the same."
                                        ~Carlos Castaneda

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

Sarah

Joined 30-Jun-06

Top Poster
17-May-09 11:30 am

I'm not sure if I will keep anything...  At the moment I'm still in the baby stage so need most of the things I've got although I've already given away practically all the newborn clothes that she's grown out of.  I think, for me, it'll just rub salt into my wounds if I keep anything.  I'd rather not have any reminders lying around the house.  I've got the photo's - I can remember the baby days through those!

And another little coming in November!

Joined 15-Nov-07

Top Poster
31-May-09 8:56 pm

I just came across this forum!

Okay, I'll confess I still have 2 unused HPT's in the top of my bathroom cabinet.  What in the heck am I going to do with those?  And why does it make me want to cry when I think about throwing them away?  I know I'm crazy but I'm sure someone can relate- I loved the anticipation of POAS.  I was a believer in testing early and often.  LOL!   I'd love to know how much $ I spent on HPTs over the years. 

give me coffee and no one

Joined 4-Feb-07

Top Poster
31-May-09 9:06 pm

OMG... I am a total pack rat when it comes to sentimental stuff.

I have at least 2 outfits for each of the boys plus their first shoes saved. So far i have 3 outfits for dd  and at least 2 pairs of shoes that i just can't part with. One of the dresses is the one i bought when i was pregnant with ds2 and thought he might be a girl. I saved it for 6 years before i had a daughter to wear it and i had it under my bed when i was ttc dd. 

It makes me happy when i look at my kids baby clothes. So i figure if it makes me happy it is okay to keep.

Praying for pink!

Joined 28-Dec-07

Top Poster
1-Jun-09 11:06 am

I still have my 4 BFP sticks from this pg! I can't bear to throw them out even thought its a little gross. I kinda feel like if I do I might lose the baby..... silly huh!  Embarrassed

Baby Bear Boy My precious baby boy is here! 10/2009 Baby Bear Boy Another sweet lil boy on his way! 10/2010

Angel Baby Girl or Baby Boy lost on 05/13/2008.

Jojo

Joined 1-Aug-06

Top Poster
1-Jun-09 11:13 am

Oh I can't part with my Cue either...LOL  I want to sell mine too but can't bring myself to do it.  I am only 90% sure I'm done though.  I really NEED to be done so I am gatheing baby clothes currently...trying to get in shape and going back to school.  All things hopefully will get my mind off having more kids.  You can really get good money for your monitor.  They really hold their value!

Mom to 4 beautiful children and 3 angel babies Baby BoyBaby BoyBaby GirlBaby Boy
Heartbroken March 2011  Heartbroken June 2011 Heartbroken November 2011 lost our baby Baby Bear Boy at 18 weeksSad

Preggo again! Due 12-25-13

Joined 2-Jan-08

Top Poster
1-Jun-09 11:15 am

I kept all my hpt that were postive

Baby BoyBaby BoyBaby Boy Baby Boy!!

Joined 14-Aug-07

Top Poster
3-Jun-09 7:46 pm

I have a digi pregnancy test that I can't throw away...

Joined 30-Nov-08

Top Poster
2-Jul-09 12:42 pm

I keep a box for each of them.I put name bands and first shoes,newspaper of the day.lots of things i gather up all the cards gift tags etc. I usually keep it going for a while and then pack it away.

Im not sentimental for long,I throw/give away clothes toys equip as soon they grow out of it.

DH is always furious when we have to buy something again that we already had. especially as they are all under 7 and things should still be around.

Its one of our biggest row starters, I cant stop myself though. I cannot lovingly pack away and find somewhere to store boxes of clothes,the cot,door bouncer, bedding or anything like that.

I got away with it this time because we needed girl things but he's so mad about the missing stuff already. He says hes looking in the loft for the highchair,cot and baby bath at the weekend.

They are not up there.

always tired...never bore

Joined 10-Dec-06

Top Poster
26-Jul-09 10:55 pm

Madison:

I got away with it this time because we needed girl things but he's so mad about the missing stuff already. He says hes looking in the loft for the highchair,cot and baby bath at the weekend.

They are not up there.

Baby Boy~Baby Boy~Baby Girl        ~BLESSED~

Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were big things.   -- Robert Brault

"We either make ourselves miserable,
  or we make ourselves strong. 
    The amount of work is the same."
                                        ~Carlos Castaneda

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

Ariane

Joined 23-Jun-09

Top Poster
26-Jul-09 11:27 pm

I always keep the prego test, the outfit they came home in, footprints, cradle card etc. Up till the first haircut and first lost tooth I tend to misplace things after that. I still come across the little ankle ID bracelets every now and then in my filing cabinet and find myself wiping away a tear.

I keep those little mementos because after I die and everyone is going through my stuff they can run across these things and OOOH and AHHH over them.

Heartbroken1996      Baby Boy 1997 Nick   HeartbrokenHeartbroken m/c 2000 twins   Heartbroken  2000   Heartbroken  2001Baby Boy    Heartbroken  2001Baby Girl    Baby Boy2002 Jaedon

2008Baby GirlXana  2009 Baby BoyZaavan

Au 79

Joined 25-Sep-06

Top Poster
26-Jul-09 11:51 pm
besides the obvious momentos, i still have some universal ph strips and my BBT therm. also i cant seem to sell the outgrown clothes LOL.. what if there is a baby #3 LOL!
RQ~ 8, err... i mean 32 Baby Bear Boy,Baby Bear Girl,Baby Bear Boy: you'd better recognize!

http://www.ingender.com/cs/forums/p/7093/54561.aspx#54561 here is the link to my TBM success story for #2! I went on to do the same for #3 and added ions/diet/low sodium/etc... #3 is my beautiful baby boy! does swaying actually sway???

hoping for BFPs for all my IG girls!..... lets see those second lines!!!

Bump it B!tches! you know you want to!

a friend will help you move. a good friend will help you move a body.~ anon

If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning. -Catherine-

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies. (Unknown)

Joined 9-Dec-08

Top Poster
26-Jul-09 11:56 pm

oneadorableboy&girl:
also i cant seem to sell the outgrown clothes

I have not gotten rid of ANY baby clothes. EVER. I still have all the baby clothes that the boys wore (good thing I didn't get rid of those, because most of it was still in excellent shape for DS#4 to wear). And I have three huge garbage bags and a few boxes of DD's baby and toddler clothes that I will never get rid of. I just can'tStick out tongue

And FTR, I'm not doneHappy  LOL

Baby Boy '00 Baby Boy '02 Baby Boy '04 Baby Girl '06 Baby Boy '09 UC Baby Girl '12 UC 12/13 Due 4/15

"You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life." ~ Winston Churchill

"Don't pay any attention to what they write about you. Just measure it in inches." ~ Andy Warhol

Kelly

Joined 28-Feb-08

Top Poster
28-Jul-09 2:19 pm

I have several positive hpt's going back to 1999 when I found out I was pregnant with baby #2!!!  I need to sell my doppler but for some reason I can't let go of it, it brought me such comfort when I was pregnant with my last baby.

Baby Boy 1998 Baby Boy 2000 Baby Girl 2002 Baby Boy 2004 Baby Girl 2006 Baby Girl 2008

Heartbroken ectopic 9/97 m/c's 10/04, 3/05, 5/07

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign

in a book you can be anyt

Joined 27-Oct-05

Top Poster
14-Sep-09 3:26 pm

I have my hpts from the last 4 pgs still (and they are still faint positves!) and I have one recieving blanket that i have had since 1990 when my first ds was born... it isn't even a nice one but it is the only thing I have had for EVERY baby. I won't give it ever away.

I know there is more but it is newborn hats, and stuff like that.

M005-Cool_Man_2.gif image by Deena4AboysB003-Pocket_Boy.gif image by Deena4AboysB009-Critter_Boy.gif image by Deena4AboysB010-Lil_Boy_1.gif image by Deena4AboysB011-Lil_Boy_2.gif image by Deena4AboysG011-Lil_Pigtail_Girl.gif image by Deena4Aboys

5 boys 1 girl and a little black pug

LM_Poppies_LongBanner.gif picture by Deena4Aboys
Page: of 2