Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Our baby was born...

Joined 27-Jan-09

Top Poster
16-May-09 5:49 pm

My water broke at 5:30 am on May 13th.  We waited around all day for labor to begin, but it didn't.  We were admitted at 7pm and started with Cervidil.  The next morning--no cervical changes.  Still a one with a very soft but high cervix.  So out came the pitocin and the games began.  I attempted to labor without pain relief and made it through a very tough six hours getting from 1-5 cm just using a birthing ball to work through the contractions.  There were some problems getting the epidural in.  It seemed like he hit a nerve, so he moved up my spine.  I had the pleasure of experience twice the needles, which unfortunately caused my poor husband to faint.  I only felt pain relief on one side, so they tilted me to cause the medicine to flow onto the side still feeling pain.  Immediately after getting the epidural I felt something change.  I started feeling a lot of weird pressure.  They checked me and I was at 5cm (first cervical exam of the day because of fears of infection due to my broken waters).  Ten minutes later I said I felt the urge to push so I was checked and I was fully dilated.  My midwife was delivering another baby, so we had to wait about 45 minutes.   I didn't mind because this time the epidural really worked and I felt nothing.  We were talking and laughing, so unlike the labor with my first.  Then the midwife came in and I pushed for painless minutes until I was suddenly a mommy of TWO!  The midwife placed the baby on my chest and covered her genital area with a blanket so we could find out together.  Unfortunately, my husband was a little too excited and blocked my view--lol!  I didn't mind, because he was SO happy and in tears.  He moved his head and I saw that we had a baby.............

GIRL!!!!!

--I know this is really easy to say now, but...  As I was laboring, I realized that I was at a place where I knew I'd love my baby boy if this was to be one.  There weren't any doubts at all, just peace.  I was really sure the baby was a boy, so working through that at such a stressful, painful time really showed me my true heart.  I'm so glad I waited to find out, because I feel like I've healed a little bit and like my heart has grown.  I was ready to love my child no matter what, which made me feel a lot better about myself than I felt days before.  It was very troubling to me to be pregnant and to have doubts like that.   Even typing that, I do realize that I've gotten exactly what I wanted...but I KNOW it's true. 

**I'm not comfortable sharing her name on here, since I sort of suspect someone is reading my posts on here that I know IRL because of comments that have been made by her.  Sorry to sound paranoid, but it's a nosy relative and I don't want her bashing me to the family about things I've said on here.  If she's reading this...please get a life!

Mommy to one Baby Girl.  Due in May, hoping for another Baby Girl.

Joined 26-Mar-07

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

16-May-09 5:55 pm

Congratulations! I've been checking in hoping to see an update from you. Enjoy your sweet new baby girl!

Mom2RJA Baby Boy R, 2000 Baby Boy J, 2003 Baby Girl A, 2009 MS/IUI 10/2/07 at GIVF, natural cycle, 1 follicle, 94.7% sort purity, BFN MS/IUI 8/25/08 at HRC, Clomid + Ovidrel, 3 follicles, 92.99% sort purity, BFP!!! Beta #1 on 9/9 (15 dpo): 153, Beta #2 on 9/11 (17 dpo): 395 

mom2rja@gmail.com

RJA Feet

Joined 14-Mar-09

Top Poster
16-May-09 5:56 pm

Congrats! What a great surprise Heart Can you post pix in TP or anything????

Joined 20-Oct-05

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

16-May-09 5:58 pm

Congrats!

Joined 18-Apr-07

Top Poster
16-May-09 7:01 pm

Happy CelebrateCongratulations on your baby girl!!!Happy Celebrate

Due March 2011

Sara

Joined 3-May-07

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

16-May-09 7:03 pm

Congratulations!!!!!

Previously FiveHappyChildren

Sara ~~ Proud mommy toBaby Boy01 Baby Boy04 Baby Boy05 Baby Boy07 Baby Girl09

Steve (DH ) and our Baby GirlAbigail 09-18-13!

Our family is complete!

Joy

Joined 30-Aug-08

Top Poster
16-May-09 7:07 pm

a huge congrats to your family on your new baby girl! hopefully the person stalking ur posts gets a life of her own!

CONGRATS! Happy Celebrate

Lilypie Kids birthday PicLilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Lilypie Kids birthday PicLilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Married to my Air Force sweetie for 14 years
Mommy to Baby Boy Jason ~ 14  Baby Boy Ryan ~ 12   Baby Girl Jenna ~ 3   Baby Girl Emma Rose born Feb 28th 2009
Gestational Surrogate to Baby Girl Erin ~ 9
Baby Boy William Born November 13th 2000 at 23.5 weeks on this earth for 1 short day, now in Heaven
Traditional Surrogate to Baby Boy Colter ~ 6
Egg donor to Baby Girl Baby Boy Twins ~ 7 Albert & Victoria

Joined 9-Aug-08

Top Poster
16-May-09 11:55 pm

Mom to  Baby Girl,Baby Girl | Baby Boy,Baby Boy My Preemie Prince Born at 33 Weeks.

(2 Succuessful sways, Thank you God)

Joined 9-Dec-08

Top Poster
17-May-09 12:09 am

Baby Boy '00 Baby Boy '02 Baby Boy '04 Baby Girl '06 Baby Boy '09 UC Baby Girl '12 UC 12/13

"You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life." ~ Winston Churchill

"Don't pay any attention to what they write about you. Just measure it in inches." ~ Andy Warhol

Joined 18-Jul-06

Top Poster
17-May-09 12:27 am

kayla

Joined 23-Oct-06

Top Poster
19-May-09 8:09 pm

Congrats on your new daughter, sisters are great!!Enjoy.

Mom toBaby GirlBaby GirlBaby Girland Baby BoyBaby Boy ( 2 succuessful sways)

Baby Girl in November 2010

? Completely Complete ?

Joined 8-May-08

Top Poster
19-May-09 8:18 pm

December '04July '06

October '08 May '10 September '11

Joined 31-Dec-08

Top Poster
21-May-09 2:28 pm

xx

Me:  Baby Girl17 Baby Girl15        Us:  Baby Boy5  Baby Boy1          

Also mum to some angel 

Official Boy Mom!

Joined 19-May-06

Top Poster
21-May-09 3:06 pm

What a wonderful surprise!  Congrats! 

Baby Boy 2004   Baby Boy 2007  Baby Boy 11/2010

*~* P4P *

Joined 28-Apr-08

Top Poster
21-May-09 3:09 pm
Congratulations on your precious baby girl Hearts.

Baby Boy Baby Boy prayed & swayed Baby Girl coming August. 100% complete thanks IG Love Ya!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Page: of 2