Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Anyone tried Nimble Diagnostics? Real DNA Test!

Joined 28-Mar-07

Top Poster
20-Jun-07 5:14 am

How bad am I, I'm not even pg and I'm already trying to find out how earlier I'd be able to find out the gender and more importantly how accurately.  I just stumbled upon this site and they claim to use your DNA to determine the gender, as early as 6 weeks.  Only thing is it's expensive @$399.  They're based in Australia but the test is available world wide.

Here is their website for anyone interested - http://www.nimblediagnostics.com.au

P.S. I'd love to know if any of these DNA tests do work?? 

Joined 21-Jul-05

Forum Leader
20-Jun-07 7:11 am

Many companies claim to offer a DNA test that "really" works.  To date, there have been reports of wrong results for every single test, even among small samples of women with tests that are supposed to be very highly accurate.

There is no regulation of these type of tests at all.  The makers are free to make any claims they like and no government agency or consumer group checks it.

Unfortunately, if you spend a lot of money on a test like this, you'll still be left wondering whether your baby is a boy or a girl. 

Mom to And Microsort/IUI twins!

Joined 21-Nov-07

21-Nov-07 9:16 am

Me and a freind both tried it around the same time a few months ago after being recommended it by a colleague. It was correct for us, and it was a fairly simple and easy test, so I was happy. My girlfriend works in a hospital lab and did some research before we went ahead and bought it (it's $399 after all!) and she was happy that the prinicple behind the test was OK. They quote a 90%+ accuracy I think.

May as well go ahead if you really can't wait! ;)

Joined 20-Oct-05

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

25-Nov-07 11:52 am

Seriously, don't waste your money.  It is all the same "science" behind these "DNA" tests and it is not perfected yet.  For $400 I would expect the results to be accurate and you just wont rest easy after they tell you.  I did the same kind of test at 12 weeks and they were wrong with me.  I got 200% of my money back (that's how sure they were that their tests were right) but you have no guarrantee with the newer companies.

We were all warned about the tests and still took them "for fun" but that kind of money shouldn't be wasted.

GL

Joined 14-Jul-08

14-Jul-08 1:23 pm

I tried the test a few months ago and it correctly told me that I'd have a boy! Made it a bit easier buying stuff early on (and hubby was happy find out early - he's very impatient haha!).

"To date, there have been reports of wrong results for every single test, "

Surely if it was just guessing the gender it would still get it correct 50% of the time!!! If it was wrong every time they would just tell the customer the opposite of what the test said and they would have 100% accuracy!! :) :)

Anyway, good luck with bub!

C.

Dawn

Joined 19-Oct-07

Top Poster
14-Jul-08 1:27 pm

Please do not waste your money on that. I was told I was having a boy and my baby is all girl. There has been so many reports of these scam artists taking your hard earned money. Most of them do not honor their so- called refund policy. I am a nurse and the doctor I work with said that its just not possible as of yet, to tell the gender of an unborn baby from a drop of mothers blood. CVS or EARLY U/S can tell you what you are having :)

Jojo

Joined 1-Aug-06

Top Poster
14-Jul-08 1:31 pm

I am going to echo the pp's.  I did a DNA test and it was wrong.  Told me boy...had a girl!

Mom to 4 beautiful children and 3 angel babies Baby BoyBaby BoyBaby GirlBaby Boy
Heartbroken March 2011  Heartbroken June 2011 Heartbroken November 2011 lost our baby Baby Bear Boy at 18 weeksSad

Preggo again! Due 12-25-13

Joined 19-Mar-07

Top Poster
14-Jul-08 1:35 pm

I would put the money toward an early U/S.

Miss Cooch if you're nast

Joined 22-Apr-06

Top Poster
14-Jul-08 2:40 pm

chrissyj78:

"To date, there have been reports of wrong results for every single test, "

Surely if it was just guessing the gender it would still get it correct 50% of the time!!! If it was wrong every time they would just tell the customer the opposite of what the test said and they would have 100% accuracy!! :) :)

Take some time to go through posts about this very topic.  Many, MANY women have been very hurt, disappointed, and told potentially fatal information for the sake of a "fun, early" DNA test supposed to be over 90% in accuracy.  While they do get quite a few right, there are too many that are wrong. 

Matter of fact - I shelled out the dough, took one, it was correct, and I still think people should avoid them like the plague!!!!

Joined 29-Oct-08

31-Oct-08 5:14 pm

Hello mum of 3 girls....

I have just used nimble diagnostics in sydney and would never use tham again!

They actually send your test to tell me pink or blue in the U,S to be analized ..although they make it sound as if your test will be done in sydney.....

I expressed my test back to them and it took me 3 weeks to get my results! Results i now dont believe are correct!

There is no contact phone number whatsoever for them only email communications...and there comunnications by email are very misleading!

goodluck with your next bub!

Joined 12-Sep-08

8-Nov-08 3:55 am

Please check out my recent response from TMPOB. I am from Oz and was going to use ND till found out they send the test to US anyway then used TMPOB and they told me boy-I have just found out that I am having a girl. I had such heartache for weeks. Do NOT do these tests-mine was recent and incorrect.

Joined 24-Mar-12

24-Mar-12 8:18 pm
Yes Do not waste your time and money

Joined 5-Jun-11

Top Poster
24-Mar-12 8:42 pm

I used a similar one in the US ( Urobiolgics) and it cost me $275.

They told me I was having a Boy. and so did Intelligender. I was devastated after recieving the results because we swayed for a girl. But accepted that it was a boy.

Then at my 12 week scan i was told my nub shot looked girly.

I'm 32 weeks now and 6 ultrasounds have confirmed I'm having a baby girl.

Dont waste your money on these tests because after hearing so many stories about bad results you'll  probaly only end up second guessing your result too.

also be VERY careful listening to people who claim these tests are accurate and have only posted 1-2 times on this forum - they usually work for the company Happy Smile

Baby Bear Girl2008,   Baby Bear Boy 2010 , Baby Bear Girl 2012 - Swayed with Girl Diet

My beautiful family is complete! Hearts

Joined 20-Apr-12

20-Apr-12 10:30 pm

I used Nimble Diagonstics a few months ago after they were recommended to me by my sister-in-law and was really happy with them. They were quick (result in 3 days), were very helpful even though I emailed them about 20 times wanting to know all about the test! :) Most importantly, it gave me a correct result!

I did some homework before I bought the test and it was obvious that the urine-based tests like Intelligender are rubbish and are not accurate at all, but with a blood test like this one they actually detect the babies DNA and can tell directly whether it's a boy or girl. It sounds like all of the incorrect results from a DNA test like this is just a result of the instructions not being read carefully enough - I believe if you don't handle the sterile blood card correctly you can get someone elses DNA on it which can throw the test off.

Joined 7-Oct-05

10-May-12 8:33 am
"It sounds like all of the incorrect results from a DNA test like this is just a result of the instructions not being read carefully enough - I believe if you don't handle the sterile blood card correctly you can get someone elses DNA on it which can throw the test off." This amazes me that none of the readers or leaders on this board is coming forward to clear this misconception spread by these companies to get away with money. Simply ask them: Are they testing for Y-DNA of the baby or man's DNA. These two are entirely different things. It is shameful that they save their skin by putting blame on innocent women that they didn't follow instruction properly. Please don't get yourself fooled by these money mongers.
aprilentice
Page: of 2