Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Open about your desired gender.

Joined 14-Apr-09

Top Poster
29-Apr-09 11:24 am

None of my friends know of my obsession of having a girl, I told my ex-husband of nearly 10 years after I found out that our 2nd was a boy but he told me that I should be happy with what I had/have. The only person I have been completely honest with is my new partner, he is been very supportive.

How open are you about it? Do they really know the full extended reality of your desire? I am just curious to know as one of the reason that I don't say anything is because of the reaction that I would get.

Luci xxx

Sarah

Joined 30-Jun-06

Top Poster
29-Apr-09 1:26 pm

I am pretty open about it to everyone and anyone.  I was so badly affected when I found out about DS3 and DS4 I couldn't have hidden it even if I'd tried.  I even spoke openly before DD1 about going high tech for gender selection.

And another little coming in October/November!

Cathy

Joined 10-Jul-06

29-Apr-09 1:42 pm

I think everyone knows i want a girl, even if i don't say it out loud! I know that if i said anything in front of my parents or in-laws that they would all say "you should be happy with whatever God gives you." Well, of course i will be happy with whatever God gives me - i just want it to have girl parts, lol! Pray

Cathy (37) DH (38) SAHM to three amazing boys! Baby Boy Baby Boy Baby Boy

Joined 11-Jan-09

Top Poster
1-May-09 6:19 pm

My parents and (I think) DH know how much I want a son. My friends really have no idea. 

#3 due 7/1/13

Joined 16-Sep-07

Top Poster
3-May-09 3:50 pm

hmm...well I want another girl for sure!!!!!  But, I'm at the point where I hope for a girl, will sway for a girl...but bottom line is I just want one more baby period.

Ceri

Joined 8-Mar-09

5-May-09 11:12 am

I am so open about it.  Everyone around me knows how much I want a DD.  I just can't keep it to myself because that is all I think about.  

I get different reactions to it and I know some people probably think I should be grateful for what I have got and I am but that still doesn't mean that I can feel incomplete without a girl.  I am not really bothered what people think and your close friends won't judge you.  

I do find though that a lot of my friends and family don't understand because they all seem to have girls except for me but hopefull one day.

Heartbroken m/c 1999  Baby Boy 2001    Baby Boy 2003   Baby Boy  2006   Pray Baby Girl swaying

Joined 14-Apr-09

Top Poster
5-May-09 4:20 pm

I have always found it hard because friends and family don't understand and then they make stupid comments about the fact that I have only boys! I agree with you herewegoswoo people make you feel guilty, I am very grateful to have 3 boys I just want to have a girl to complete my family.

Because the PGD is illegal in the UK, my DP and I have decide to keep this 'details' to ourself. I am originally from Italy, my family all live there and it's illegal there too. My family wouldn't understand or agree even though I know that, especially, my mum is desperate for a grand-daughter since I have 3 boys and my older brother 2!

Chloe good luck in ttc, have you started yet?

Luci xxx

Ceri

Joined 8-Mar-09

5-May-09 5:51 pm

We thought about PGD but have given up on that.  I don't think I can go through with all the heartache if I don't get pregnant and justify spending all that money so we have decided to sway for our last attempt.

Luci when are you thinking of doing PGD?  

Ceri x

Heartbroken m/c 1999  Baby Boy 2001    Baby Boy 2003   Baby Boy  2006   Pray Baby Girl swaying

Joined 16-Sep-07

Top Poster
5-May-09 7:49 pm

mimosa75:

Chloe good luck in ttc, have you started yet?

No not till Fall/Winter.

Joined 18-Dec-08

Top Poster
6-May-09 12:09 am

DH knows exactly how I feel and he is in full support, even though he wouldn't care what we had. No one else IRL knows

Joined 10-Dec-07

Top Poster
6-May-09 12:26 am

I don't hide it at all, although with this pregnancy I'm doing the "oh, we're going to be surprised!" thing with most people so I don't have to deal with the responses...

"As far as I'm concerned, being any gender is a drag."  -Patti Smith

Joined 14-Apr-09

Top Poster
6-May-09 1:44 am

herewegoswoo:
Luci when are you thinking of doing PGD? 

DP and I have set a specific date but we would start before I turn 35, October 2010. We are both separated so we want to wait until we are 'free', all goes well by June next year it will be all done. DP would like to get married first so I might be planning a wedding too!

Where about in Wales are you? I live in Pembrokeshire. Happy Smile

Luci xxx

Ceri

Joined 8-Mar-09

6-May-09 11:06 am

mimosa75:
Where about in Wales are you? I live in Pembrokeshire.

I live in Cardiff.  My mum lives down your way she lives in Haverdfordwest.

How exciting going through with PGD.  If we could do it in the UK it is something we would do but we have decided to ttc by swaying at the end of the summer.  Just hope it works as this will be my last chance.

Ceri x

Katie

Joined 22-Sep-06

6-May-09 2:40 pm

I think everyone knows we desire a boy this time around.  My dh especially has an undying dream of having a boy.  He was SO crushed when we found out our second was a girl, and down right devastated when he found out our third was a girl.  He seriously cried.  And my Dh never cries about anything.  Yet it was the only time I've ever seen him do it.  Let's just say I am terrified that my swaying attempt won't work and he'll be dissapointed yet again.  The only reason I'm going through with it is because we're agreed we want and will love as many children as we're blessed with and we will keep going until he gets his boy and achieves his dream.  At the same time, I don't want to end up with ten children, so lets hope this time is a charm, shall we?  My dh is only vocal about his desires with myself and his mother.  He doesn't talk to his friends about it at all. 

Katie

Katie

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>Mommy to Lily <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:date Month="9" Day="2" Year="2004">02-09-04</st1:date>,  Julie <st1:date Month="10" Day="21" Year="2005">10-21-05</st1:date>,  and Lucy <st1:date Month="6" Day="22" Year="2007">06-22-07</st1:date><o:p></o:p><o:p> </o:p>Swaying for a BOY<o:p></o:p>

Joined 24-Sep-08

Top Poster
6-May-09 2:40 pm
I'm not very open at all about it. I'm a very private person and don't like to share such personal things—even with my own mother, and we're pretty close. My DH knows I want a daughter, and he wants one, too. He's the only one I talk about it with. Interestingly, he's far more open with other people than I am, and often says that we'd love to balance things out with a girl. I'm trying to focus more on the idea of having a third child—which no one where we live seems to do! I don't even talk about TTC #3 to anyone but DH. And I'm always looking for families with 3 kids, for reassurance or something. I hate that I care what other people think!
Baby Boy 3 years old Baby Boy 20 months

Baby #3 due in April

Page: of 2