Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Whats been your experience with morning sickness?

Lexi

Joined 8-Jan-09

Top Poster
29-Apr-09 8:56 am

Hi all, I posted this in the general prego section and didnt get many views.  Would you guys mind sharing your experiences? 

I am newly pregnant with my third baby and have started to feel some morning sickness.  Please don't hate me when I say that I did not have m/s with my last two pregnancies, because I really didnt.  With this pregnancy starting at 6 weeks I have been getting bouts of nausua during the day. I would love to hear your m/s stories so that maybe I can better prepare myself for what might come with this pregnancy. TIA for sharing your stories! Happy

Lexi ~  Dylan 4 Baby Boy, Will 2 Baby Boy, DSS Tyler 10 Baby BoyPrayfor Baby Girl on 4th and final child         ULTRASOUND July 17th    

Queen of my Castle

Joined 8-Jul-08

Top Poster
29-Apr-09 9:01 am

Mine have been different each time. With my first I was just mildly nauseous from 6-10 weeks. It really wasn't very bad at all and I would feel better simply by eating a cracker or something. I was still totally functionable. 

With ds2, my nausea was unbearable, but I never threw up. There were times I wish I would have b/c I was just so miserable. I would spend days  just laying on the couch. Smells bothered me, I had tons of food aversions, I gagged a lot. I was also taking prometrium b/c my progesterone was low so I wonder if that contributed....?? It lasted until about 17 weeks or so.

This time is more like last time, but maybe not as bad. I'll have days like yesterday where I gag all day and spend a lot of time laying on the couch, but then I'll have a day like today where I just have an underlying nauseous feeling but it's not *terrible*. This time I have different food aversions and cravings every day so finding stuff I want to eat is touch...but then once I find something that sounds good, I can eat it. I can't drink though. Literally I get so dry b/c just the thought of drinking makes me dry heave. Gross. 

lucky mom to Baby Boy (5) Baby Boy (3) and Baby Boy (NEW! 12-02-09) 

Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion into clarity.... It turns problems into gifts, failures into success, the unexpected into perfect timing, and mistakes into important events. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow. -- Melodie Beattie

Joined 8-Jan-09

Top Poster
29-Apr-09 9:13 am

with my last 4 pg ( only one resulting in a baby my dd).. I was sooo sick.. but i have/had Hyperemesis Gravidarum.. I was SURE I would also with this pg.. so did my family doctor.. hence why i was so worried when no horrible ms happened past 5 weeks..

but that is the far end of ms.. I couldn't eat sleep more drink.. I was sick from around 4w2d till end of pg or birth.. the day I gave birth to my dd I had forgetton to take my meds and was sick with ms .. Doh!..

This time around.. I find myself SOOO lucky! I didn't know pg could be THIS way! I am just HORRIBLY tired... and feel nausea and dizzy all day and night.. I am back on my meds because I was having horrible food aversions that seems to be ms related.. I can eat more now and don't feel I need to sleep 24/7..

I don't often breath threw my nose while pg.. I can't handle ANY smells.. I haven't been "sick" yet this pg!! FX it stays that way!! I truly thought pg would always be horrible horrible!

I can't get up too fast from sitting or sleeping.. or eat to much to quickly.. small meals often is best.. and heartburn is a killer.. though not as bad as my other pg.. I always have tums around.. that seems to help..

Hope your ms doesn't get too bad!

Hugs Violet Me (Diane),  Hearts DF, Baby Bear Girl  7, Baby Bear Girl our long awaited DD2! Our sway worked!! TY IG!

Hugs Bear LIttleBean Lost.. but not forgotten..Gone to be with my other L.O.'s Hugs Bear

Lexi

Joined 8-Jan-09

Top Poster
29-Apr-09 9:19 am

Thanks Diane, and Georgia. 

It really helps to hear others experiences. I am just moderatley nauseous with food aversions, but no vomiting yet. Just trying to get an idea of what I may be up against.  It seems I am usually able to fight the nausea back down if I just lie still and try not to think about it.  But since this just started a week ago it could easily get worse right?

ps the thought of chaning another poopy diaper or making the kids lunch is a little too much for me right now....Envy

Lexi ~  Dylan 4 Baby Boy, Will 2 Baby Boy, DSS Tyler 10 Baby BoyPrayfor Baby Girl on 4th and final child         ULTRASOUND July 17th    

Joined 8-Jan-09

Top Poster
29-Apr-09 5:10 pm

hazeltwenty:

ps the thought of chaning another poopy diaper or making the kids lunch is a little too much for me right now....Envy

luckily I don't have to deal with poopy diapers.. but making food is hard! I have been so blessed that my df will do it if I tell him I just can't.. He is getting sooo tired though.. I used to do all the cleaning and cooking and laundry.. so he never really knew how much work it all was lol. poor guy... 

Hope you are getting help also!

Hugs Violet Me (Diane),  Hearts DF, Baby Bear Girl  7, Baby Bear Girl our long awaited DD2! Our sway worked!! TY IG!

Hugs Bear LIttleBean Lost.. but not forgotten..Gone to be with my other L.O.'s Hugs Bear

Joined 8-Jan-09

Top Poster
29-Apr-09 5:20 pm
woops wrong post lol

Joined 13-Feb-09

Top Poster
30-Apr-09 7:07 pm

With DS1 I felt like I was hungover from 8 weeks to about 17 weeks. I rarely threw up but I felt crappy!! With DS2, I started to get sick around 7-8 weeks and I was mostly tired but I did throw up a few times.. felt a lot like how I did with DS1. THIS time.... I got sick (threw up) the day before AF was due and it never went away. 6 days ago, after throwing up 8-9 times a day and only being able to eat half a piece of toats with a TINY bit of peanut butter every few hours, I called my doctor and after I told him that I was only able to stomach 2oz of water and had lost 8 lbs... he immediatley called in Zofran and told me that if it didn't work quickly, to meet him at the hospital! Luckily, it worked FAST! I have been able to eat meals (still can't eat red meat) and drink loads of water. I still feel sick all day but I'm no longer throwing up! I can function!! Night time is th worst, I have to take my Zofran about 1-2 hours before I'm supposed to take it cause I feel so incredibly sick!

Page: of 1