Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Intelligender test...anyone tried it?

Joined 3-Apr-09

28-Apr-09 8:24 am

Hi, I bought the Intelligender test and did it at 9 weeks....was supposed to wait til 10 weeks but i couldn't resist!...The result was GIRL....YEY!!! The test works by using your early morning urine to detect any male dna in it. You have to be very careful not to contaminate the sample and you have to abstain from contact with your partner for at least 48 hours before. I was over the moon with the result but am obviously scared of building my hopes up.

I wondered if anyone else has tried the test and if anyone has done it before the 10 weeks point...although it does say it can predict from 8 weeks on some sites.

Full-size image

Baby Boy Ted 8 Baby Boy Flynn 6 Baby Boy Alfie 4 and at long last Gracie arrived 31st oct 09, 9 days early Hearts

Joined 20-Oct-05

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

28-Apr-09 2:28 pm

I'm sorry to tell you that this test is very unreliable. I'd doubt the results even more if it was before the window that they give.  If you do a search on this site for intelligender you'll find numerous threads about it and it's accuracy. 

Sorry to be a downer.  It's a fun test to take, but don't decorate the nursery based on the results.  Goodluck.  I hope that you see girly bits at your US.Baby Girl

Joined 8-Jan-09

Top Poster
28-Apr-09 2:36 pm

would be so nice if those tests did work...

My FX and TX for you and you to hear GIRL!

Hugs Violet Me (Diane),  Hearts DF, Baby Bear Girl  7, Baby Bear Girl our long awaited DD2! Our sway worked!! TY IG!

Hugs Bear LIttleBean Lost.. but not forgotten..Gone to be with my other L.O.'s Hugs Bear

Joined 24-Apr-09

28-Apr-09 3:36 pm

wheeze:

Hi, I bought the Intelligender test and did it at 9 weeks....was supposed to wait til 10 weeks but i couldn't resist!...The result was GIRL....YEY!!! The test works by using your early morning urine to detect any male dna in it. You have to be very careful not to contaminate the sample and you have to abstain from contact with your partner for at least 48 hours before. I was over the moon with the result but am obviously scared of building my hopes up.

I wondered if anyone else has tried the test and if anyone has done it before the 10 weeks point...although it does say it can predict from 8 weeks on some sites.

I tried the test at 17 weeks and it clearly said GIRL....went to this place wher ei paid 50 dollars for a scan and the ultrasound tech said BOY.... i still have hopes for my girl so i am just leaving it in God's hands!

3 boys + 1 girl hoping t

Joined 2-Apr-09

28-Apr-09 3:46 pm

i did this test and got a girl result and my 2 u/s so far have said girl so there is hope for you :) but definitely dont rely on it its basically a 50/50 chance with this one :)

I have three awesme  Baby Bear Boy's!   Had My first sweet lil Baby Bear Girland hoping to add another girl!

Joined 11-Aug-08

28-Apr-09 4:02 pm

I did the test at 10 weeks and mine said girl, and thats just what I'm having. Good luck!

Mary Lee

Joined 25-Apr-09

28-Apr-09 4:03 pm

I did it a couple weeks ago and it said boy. But honestly, I don't know if I did it right, did all your crystals dissolve? Anyway, I'm hoping it was wrong, I don't think paying $30 was worth it even if it was right....for me, definitely caused more anxiousness about my ultrasound/birth/ etc. :) Just my opinion though. 

VOTE on my Name List

I'm Mary Lee. Jesse's wife, Mama to Aidan Riley Baby Bear Boy (2), Avery Ryan Baby Bear Boy (1), Maddox William Heartbroken (our angel 01/20/09)

I need some Baby Bear Girl Baby Bear Girl pink in my house ASAP!! 

Not to be selfish or anything, but I'm hoping for twin girls Happy  LOLPrayPrayBaby GirlBaby Girl 

Photobucket 

Joined 24-Apr-09

28-Apr-09 8:52 pm

Nadia:

i did this test and got a girl result and my 2 u/s so far have said girl so there is hope for you :) but definitely dont rely on it its basically a 50/50 chance with this one :)

How many times did you swirl the bottle? for how amny seconds?

Joined 3-Apr-09

29-Apr-09 10:35 am

I followed the instructions exactly, 10 seconds i think it said if i remember rightly.

I'm praying the results are correct!!!

x

Baby Boy Ted 8 Baby Boy Flynn 6 Baby Boy Alfie 4 and at long last Gracie arrived 31st oct 09, 9 days early Hearts

Joined 24-Apr-09

29-Apr-09 11:58 am

wheeze:

I followed the instructions exactly, 10 seconds i think it said if i remember rightly.

I'm praying the results are correct!!!

x

I did to and it gave me a girl result. Hoping ultrassound tech was wrong!!!

Joined 3-Apr-09

29-Apr-09 3:02 pm

I haven't had any guesses from u/s tech yet, am only 13 weeks, I'm having an amnio in 3 weeks so the results include the sex....so i won't be able to resist asking! At least i'll know for definate tho.

I'm needing plenty pink dust my way!!! x

Joined 12-May-10

12-May-10 8:10 pm
my sister took the intelligender test twice & it said girl she had her daughter in april i took 2 myself 1 @ 8 wks grl &then &12wks grl im hoping for a girl i have 3 boys so im praying for a healthy baby girl i need some pink in my life

Joined 8-Jun-10

8-Jun-10 11:08 am

I tried this test and after I had my 20 wk u/s and it showed boy, which is what all of my ultrasounds said but I wouldn't consider it accurate and I'm not convinced that my u/s gender reading are right either based on how uncooperative the baby was. Good luck no matter how it turns out.

Joined 3-Apr-09

21-Jun-10 12:12 pm

graz:
my sister took the intelligender test twice & it said girl she had her daughter in april i took 2 myself 1 @ 8 wks grl &then &12wks grl im hoping for a girl i have 3 boys so im praying for a healthy baby girl i need some pink in my life

Did you get your girl???

L. xx

Joined 27-Aug-10

1-Sep-10 12:21 pm

i took this test at 15 weeks and followed directions perfectly.  it clearly said boy.  at an ultrasound, we were unclear on gender.  it appears more girl(i have my pictures posted under ultrasound predictions) so at this point im thinking 80% girl.  hope to know for sure in about 2 weeks. 

as for this test, sometimes i wonder if the results are always looking the same.  what i mean is my "boy" result was a very deep, dark green.  sometimes i see results which dont look as definate as mine like green on the bottom, orange on top.  or "kinda green".  i got the dark green at only 1min20seconds.  after 5 minutes, it ended up separating and looked girlish, but when you mixed it again, it went back to a boy.  

i just wonder if the incorrect results have anything to do with the intensity of the color result.  if i am having a girl, considering the green color i got, i will think the test is a waste and only is correct by the 50/50 chances of having either a B or G.  ill update when i get my ultrasound.

Page: of 3