Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

bled during bowel movement out of "the front"....again.

Kara

Joined 11-Jan-09

Top Poster
27-Apr-09 4:43 pm

Ok, w/my history this sucks and I need it to not happen again Worried Just like at the beginning of my pregnancy I strained while going #2 today and it wasn't a crazy strain but I will say that yesterday was (I know, tmi). Being pregnant has not made #2s easy every time! Since I did have bleeding (out of the front!) after major straining before I told myself I wouldn't do it again, but I did, and now today I started bleeding again. The bleeding has already stopped and it was almost identical to the first time so I am hoping it was just my cervix being ultra sensitive to the straining. But how do I not worry? After seeing that the bleeding did stop I am feeling more confident that this will all turn out ok but I am really worried that I might cause a M/C because of the straining. I mean, if I'm causing bleeding I'm thinking I'm moving things around in there....

Is it safe for me to take a stool softener? If so, what kind?

Thanks ladies...I'm not telling my DH until after our second U/S on Friday. I don't want to worry him for no reason.

Low progesterone: on Prometrium until my 11th week.

Heartbroken possible miscarriage 2001 Heartbroken miscarriage Dec 08 Heartbroken miscarriage Jan 09

I had my little Baby Bear Girl Dec 1, 2009! Love Ya! She was due Dec 10th.

Joined 16-Oct-07

Top Poster
27-Apr-09 4:50 pm

Wow, I don't know but until you find out more I would def. suggest a stool softener, they are safe, just avoid actual laxatives.  When I had my bleeding at 15 weeks, I took them for awhile just to make sure I wouldn't have to strain.  GL and keep us updated!

Preggo with an oops!!

Joined 15-Nov-08

Top Poster
27-Apr-09 5:02 pm

I think everything is OK and I don't think you will cause a m/c by straining. The cervix is so very sensitive and almost anything can cause a little bleed. My OB is doing a pap smear during my next visit and she even warned it could cause bleeding. So, don't think bleeding means miscarriage. Just means you are preggo and sensitive!!!!! I know it is hard not to worry and I did this too in the beg. of my pregnancy and about freaked out.

Kara

Joined 11-Jan-09

Top Poster
27-Apr-09 5:54 pm
Ok, for at least comfort I will get a stool softener. Thanks so much NCBeachyGrl, you really just eased my mind *****HUG*****

Heartbroken possible miscarriage 2001 Heartbroken miscarriage Dec 08 Heartbroken miscarriage Jan 09

Preggo with an oops!!

Joined 15-Nov-08

Top Poster
27-Apr-09 6:01 pm

No problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have worried about everything possible too.

Katina

Joined 11-Feb-07

Top Poster
27-Apr-09 10:59 pm

Get some colace sweetie!! I wouldn't worry about the bleeding unless you were cramping or something, but since that's not the case, you probably irritated your cervix.

Mommy to 2 sweet little Baby Boy12/00 Baby Boy 8/03. Baby Baby Girl Rachel born still 9-19-09@26wks, due 12-25-09, 4 other angels, Our Rainbow baby Olivia Faith born 10-8-10 7lbs 2oz

Photobucket

Kara

Joined 11-Jan-09

Top Poster
27-Apr-09 11:35 pm

TwoBoysNeedSomePink:

Get some colace sweetie!! I wouldn't worry about the bleeding unless you were cramping or something, but since that's not the case, you probably irritated your cervix.

Colace? Ok Happy I'll go get it tomorrow!

<3 My Furbabies <3

Joined 16-Feb-09

Top Poster
27-Apr-09 11:59 pm

Yes that stuff works wonders im sure its just a sensitive cevix and baby bean is just kicking and playing unaware of poor mommies worries...... best of luck xoxo

((Heartbroken04))((Baby Bear Boy7))((Baby Bear Boy4))((Baby Bear Boy3))((Baby Bear Boy18months))

Joined 14-Mar-09

Top Poster
28-Apr-09 12:11 am

Colace is what I was going to recommend. I'm so sorry you have to deal with this luv!!! :( I'm sure everything is OK though, sounds like the spotting was def connected to the straining which of course is easily fixed. Take it easy and give that cervix a rest--no sex doll Stick out tongue When are you going to see the dr?

Lucy

Joined 13-Feb-09

Top Poster
28-Apr-09 5:25 am
Staying hydrated is also important to get the stool softeners to work--they pull more water into your colon thus softening stool. Hydration also helps with general constipation issues. Any liquid is fine, just volume. Takes a day or two to work. Good luck.

Mary Lee

Joined 25-Apr-09

28-Apr-09 10:23 am

I agree with all the other ladies definitely!!! Since you've had m/c's you probably already know that most are not just a little bleeding, its heavy with clots and usually bad cramps and back pain. So, don't stress girl!! If it starts bleeding again I'd just give a quick call to your OB and let the nurse reassure you....always makes me feel better after my January m/c!! :) 

VOTE on my Name List

I'm Mary Lee. Jesse's wife, Mama to Aidan Riley Baby Bear Boy (2), Avery Ryan Baby Bear Boy (1), Maddox William Heartbroken (our angel 01/20/09)

I need some Baby Bear Girl Baby Bear Girl pink in my house ASAP!! 

Not to be selfish or anything, but I'm hoping for twin girls Happy  LOLPrayPrayBaby GirlBaby Girl 

Photobucket 

Kara

Joined 11-Jan-09

Top Poster
28-Apr-09 1:52 pm

Ok, so nothing today! I feel like I am now out of the woods Happy  LOL And I'd also like to explain my story a little since it does defy what is typical!

W/my M/Cs they started w/spotting w/no cramping and then the next day I would get more spotting coupled w/cramping and then the expected would happen....M/C. At the beginning of this pregnancy I experienced the bleeding during my BM and I figured this meant M/C but a small part of me wondered if it was connect to the straining, but when the extreme cramps started the next day I knew it was over. I had no doubt in my mind that I was M/Cing. The cramps were severe even though they only lasted a few hours (they stopped about an hour after I used an extra progesterone suppository!!!). Once they didn't continue through out the day and the bleeding nearly stopped I got SLIGHTLY hopeful. Anyway, I didn't M/C!

My point is that even w/major cramps that felt like a M/C, I did not M/C Good Luck Clover So it's really hard for me to now judge what is "normal" and what is a M/C. I can't believe my little Yolk (name of the bean) is still hopping around in there and I am so greatful!

Joined 8-Jan-09

Top Poster
28-Apr-09 2:20 pm

I have SERIOUS poop problems while pg!!

I try and eat one bowl of

All-Bran* Strawberry Bites cereal !!

it is sooo yummy!! but pretty much any of the all-bran ones are good for this!! natural way to get Folic Acid and .. well .. bran.. into your diet!!! find one you like.. make it part of your meal needs and voila! problem fixed.. seriously!! lol  I couldn't be pg without this!

Hugs Violet Me (Diane),  Hearts DF, Baby Bear Girl  7, Baby Bear Girl our long awaited DD2! Our sway worked!! TY IG!

Hugs Bear LIttleBean Lost.. but not forgotten..Gone to be with my other L.O.'s Hugs Bear

Mary Lee

Joined 25-Apr-09

28-Apr-09 2:27 pm

You're definitely right, all m/c's can be different but always painful. That's great that you have progesterone suppositories to help you out though!! I pray we both have beautiful sticky (girl) beans!!!!!! Honestly, given your history, if it happened again (the bleeding) I would just pop into the OB office or ER to have them check it out. I'm kind of paranoid though so that's just me... ;) 

VOTE on my Name List

I'm Mary Lee. Jesse's wife, Mama to Aidan Riley Baby Bear Boy (2), Avery Ryan Baby Bear Boy (1), Maddox William Heartbroken (our angel 01/20/09)

I need some Baby Bear Girl Baby Bear Girl pink in my house ASAP!! 

Not to be selfish or anything, but I'm hoping for twin girls Happy  LOLPrayPrayBaby GirlBaby Girl 

Photobucket 

Kara

Joined 11-Jan-09

Top Poster
29-Apr-09 11:20 am

PrincessJingleBell (LOVE the name!), I'll be seeing my doc this Friday so I am just going to wait Happy If I were still a little worried then I would definitely call but I'm feeling ok, now!

I just wanted to announce that I just finished my bowl of bran flakes and it was actually good! Granted I put in a tablespoon of sugar but I liked it! I bought the generic brand of Colace but want to wait to talk to my doc this Friday first.

Stick out tongue 

Page: of 2