Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

My First appt. I will be 13w6d

Joined 8-Jan-09

Top Poster
1-Apr-09 11:09 am

I have my first appt.. it is set for June 3rd! I will be 13w6d.. I have to go to a different province for it...

ugh.. I guess I should be happy that it isn't 24w?

Hugs Violet Me (Diane),  Hearts DF, Baby Bear Girl  7, Baby Bear Girl our long awaited DD2! Our sway worked!! TY IG!

Hugs Bear LIttleBean Lost.. but not forgotten..Gone to be with my other L.O.'s Hugs Bear

loves her girls

Joined 26-Apr-07

Top Poster
1-Apr-09 11:16 am

OMG!!  I don't understand how a healthcare system can be so crappy!  By that time I've been seen 2 or 3 times.  Well, like you said, I'm glad it's not 24 weeks Worried.

Joined 8-Jan-09

Top Poster
1-Apr-09 11:21 am

I am SOO irritated by it!! I was told by another hospital in my province that I wont be seen till 24w! ugh!

I went last night to a midwife information session.. they are doing nov. right now and will get to dec pg later this month early next month! hoping I will get to see them mid-may? maybe? lol.. I am trying to get myself a "normal" prenatal care by mixing a few of the ones here!

I will be calling my regular doctor for a referral to an u/s clinic for about 12 w ( maybe 8 if I can't hold out! ) Will have to pay for that but it might help my peice of mind!

Hugs Violet Me (Diane),  Hearts DF, Baby Bear Girl  7, Baby Bear Girl our long awaited DD2! Our sway worked!! TY IG!

Hugs Bear LIttleBean Lost.. but not forgotten..Gone to be with my other L.O.'s Hugs Bear

loves her girls

Joined 26-Apr-07

Top Poster
1-Apr-09 12:38 pm

Fearymay:
Will have to pay for that but it might help my peice of mind!

I'm all for having piece of mind!  GL

Joined 25-Apr-08

Top Poster
1-Apr-09 1:55 pm

i'm glad you are not having to wait 24 weeks. i guess michael moore got it wrong on socialized medicine. Grouchy

Baby Boy 5 yrs old  Baby Boy 7/09. he may not of been the daughter i prayed for, but God sure did answer my prayers.

surprise baby due 3/23/11!!!!  it's a  Baby Girl!     I prayed for gods will and he blessed me with a beautiful and healthy baby girl!

Joined 8-Jan-09

Top Poster
1-Apr-09 2:05 pm

once blessed:

i'm glad you are not having to wait 24 weeks. i guess michael moore got it wrong on socialized medicine. Grouchy

I had NO problems 7 years ago! I had my first prenate at about 6weeks. and then one every month. u/s at aroudn 18 - 20 weeks.. and then more prenatal appointments.  My doctor worked 5 mins from me in my city.

But things have changed I guess!!! we have such shortage of doctors now.  I can't blame them! I wouldn't want to get paied what they make here when you can go abroad and make much more!

Just sucks for us who are left behind to have to deal with this health care system!

Joined 25-Apr-08

Top Poster
1-Apr-09 6:40 pm

believe me ours has it's problems as well.i worked in health care for 10 years, and my dh is a DR  here in the startes.  i just watched(after much resistance) the michael moore movie sicko, and he paints such a rosey picture for our public.  

Baby Boy 5 yrs old  Baby Boy 7/09. he may not of been the daughter i prayed for, but God sure did answer my prayers.

surprise baby due 3/23/11!!!!  it's a  Baby Girl!     I prayed for gods will and he blessed me with a beautiful and healthy baby girl!

Joined 9-Aug-08

Top Poster
2-Apr-09 12:18 am

I'm so sorry thats too much to waitDoh! but I guess its better then 24W..I had my first appt. at 8 weeks and then again at 10 weeks. and now every 4 weeks.

Mom to  Baby Girl,Baby Girl | Baby Boy,Baby Boy My Preemie Prince Born at 33 Weeks.

(2 Succuessful sways, Thank you God)

Joined 8-Jan-09

Top Poster
2-Apr-09 11:53 am

Zaharaa:

I'm so sorry thats too much to waitDoh! but I guess its better then 24W..I had my first appt. at 8 weeks and then again at 10 weeks. and now every 4 weeks.

I would love this kind of prenatal care .. seems so wrong the way things are being done up here Sad

Joined 17-Oct-08

Top Poster
2-Apr-09 4:09 pm

Fearymay:

I would love this kind of prenatal care .. seems so wrong the way things are being done up here Sad

Yea, except when DS#1 was a TOTAL oops and we didnt have insurance and he ended up having to be in the NICU for 3 days and costs us $21,000..... not cool!!  Luckily we qualified for a little bit of financial aid from the hospital or we'd still be paying him off, LOL

Joined 8-Jan-09

Top Poster
3-Apr-09 7:26 am

MissysLair:

Yea, except when DS#1 was a TOTAL oops and we didnt have insurance and he ended up having to be in the NICU for 3 days and costs us $21,000..... not cool!!  Luckily we qualified for a little bit of financial aid from the hospital or we'd still be paying him off, LOL

ouch yeah.. that is harsh! at least here even with no job and no insurance you walk about with a maybe $500 bill for the room that is it... regardless if your baby is in the NICU.. you only pay for the room the adult stayed in. The system is better for people who have less money here.. you get more ! seriously! if I had less money I would prob. already be on a few programs to help with getting eggs, and milk and orange juice and I would have prob. already seen a nurse at least.. but becuase we are a family that isn't struggling " yet".. we have to sit out and wait..

weird..

Joined 13-Feb-09

Top Poster
3-Apr-09 5:18 pm

Sorry you have to wait so long :(

Joined 20-Feb-09

Top Poster
4-Apr-09 12:19 pm

My OB doesn't see pts until 8 weeks- I guess that is realtively early. I will see him on the 223rd (FX) I didn't make it that far with the last preg. I was a few days shy when I miscarried.

Baby Bear Girlx5  expecting Baby Bear BoyJan. 30th

Kara

Joined 11-Jan-09

Top Poster
5-Apr-09 11:06 pm

Fearymay:

But things have changed I guess!!! we have such shortage of doctors now.  I can't blame them! I wouldn't want to get paied what they make here when you can go abroad and make much more!

Yeah, I've heard that a lot of the Canadian docs have been coming to the U.S. for the pay. I couldn't imagine having to wait so long. I'm sorry you have to!

Low progesterone: on Prometrium until my 11th week.

Heartbroken possible miscarriage 2001 Heartbroken miscarriage Dec 08 Heartbroken miscarriage Jan 09

I had my little Baby Bear Girl Dec 1, 2009! Love Ya! She was due Dec 10th.

Joined 8-Jan-09

Top Poster
6-Apr-09 6:57 am

angel-abby:

My OB doesn't see pts until 8 weeks- I guess that is realtively early. I will see him on the 223rd (FX) I didn't make it that far with the last preg. I was a few days shy when I miscarried.

your bean isn't going anywhere till almost x-mas!! ((Hugs))

Page: of 2