Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

How is everyone doing??

Nichole

Joined 11-Jun-08

Top Poster
31-Mar-09 4:32 pm

I am coping with the colic, I've learned it helps to bounce up and down, side to side while holding him. It's very tiring at 12 AM but it is somehow easier then it had been panicking and not knowing what to do.. I find after he gets 3 hours of crying he goes to sleep.. might tire himself out but this is also after giving colic tablets. 

I love him so much though, I would not change a thing.

So how is everyone else doing?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Joy

Joined 30-Aug-08

Top Poster
14-Apr-09 5:42 pm

sorry little Xander has colic, 2 out of my 4 went through that so I understand how frustraiting it can be. My last DD seemed like all day and night, she was just not a happy baby 90% of the time.

Have you tried gas drops? they seemed to help a little with my DD. Xander looks so strong, how big is he now? I showed my DH the video of him rolling over, we both laughed and looked over at Emma confused because she's too lazy to even lift her head LOL

Emma is a really good baby, she is awake for 1-3 hours at a time during the day just starring at the world around her, she will chill out in my arms, on the floor, in a swing, bouncer, even the changing table, she just lounges around so calm and peaceful. She goes to bed at 9-10 and wakes up around 3 to eat, she downs that bottle and burps and by 3:30 she's back asleep for another 4-5 hours. She doesn't cry unless she's really hungry and then it's just one little squack and then she will lay there with her eyes open waiting for me, she doesn't really get mad unless she is naked...she hates being naked, my guess is from all the body temperature problems she had for 2 weeks being bundled up so much, so i've learned to do quick diaper changes because as soon as I start unsnaping her sleeper she starts screaming.

She's over 8 pounds now and eats like a horse, she eats 5 ounces at a time which her pediatritian says is alot for her size but she doesn't spit up at all, she eats about 30 ounces a day where for her weight she's supposed to eat about 20 so she is pilling on the calories, she has gained 3 pounds in the last 4 weeks, if she keeps going at this speed she's gonna be a hippo LOL She's come a long way from the baby that couldn't gain 15 grams to get out of the hospital, she's even got her sister beat, she was 10 weeks when she hit 8 pounds so even though she started out littlier and had a rougher start she sure made up for it quick.

I hope everyone and their little ones are doing good!!

Lilypie Kids birthday PicLilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Married to my Air Force sweetie for 14 years
Mommy to Baby Boy Jason ~ 14  Baby Boy Ryan ~ 12   Baby Girl Jenna ~ 3   Baby Girl Emma Rose born Feb 28th 2009
Gestational Surrogate to Baby Girl Erin ~ 9
Baby Boy William Born November 13th 2000 at 23.5 weeks on this earth for 1 short day, now in Heaven
Traditional Surrogate to Baby Boy Colter ~ 6
Egg donor to Baby Girl Baby Boy Twins ~ 7 Albert & Victoria

Nichole

Joined 11-Jun-08

Top Poster
18-Apr-09 4:21 pm

AirForceWife&MommyX4:

Have you tried gas drops? they seemed to help a little with my DD. Xander looks so strong, how big is he now? I showed my DH the video of him rolling over, we both laughed and looked over at Emma confused because she's too lazy to even lift her head LOL

He was 11 lbs 7 oz two weeks ago at my last appointment!! He must be over 12 now! And I tried Ovol but it didn't help. I have a good homeopathic medicine that helps him within 5 minutes so I love that stuff!! I only use it at night though, if he's been crying for hours and it's bed time!!

I'm glad Emma is doing well, and is a peaceful baby! I can't imagine what it would be like to have a colicky baby with  3 other kids to look after too!! You should put up some pictures of her some time!!

It seems we've lost all the other March mommies too!  Sad

Joy

Joined 30-Aug-08

Top Poster
18-Apr-09 9:48 pm

i'm glad you found something that works, i've never tried any homeopathic medicine but it sounds like it's working good for you, wish I had known about it with my other babies.

Wow Xander is big! for easter we drove out of state to visit relatives, my SIL had a baby Jan 8th, and she's never been a tiny baby but yet she weighs what Xander does, and she's almost 3 months old! my boys were like that too, they were born at 9 1/2 pounds and by 2 months they were both 13-14 pounds....and by 2 months they were in 6 month size clothes, I bet Xander is already or will soon be in 3/6 month size too...i'm still waiting for Emma to get into 0/3 month clothes....but it's commin soon She wore preemie for 5 1/2 weeks but she's only been in newborn size for a little over a week but they are already getting tight.

it's too bad nobody posts here anymore, I've requested a march mommies board cause it would be nice to keep in touch with everyone but so far it hasn't happened.

I wanna see some new pics of Xander too! I posted pictures of Emma's babtism in the top posters forum, here's a few in case you didn't see them, and a few new ones of my girls in their 1st matching outfits.

Full-size image

Mommy to Baby Boy Jason ~ 14  Baby Boy Ryan ~ 12   Baby Girl Jenna ~ 3   Baby Girl Emma Rose born Feb 28th 2009
Baby Boy William Born November 13th 2000 at 23.5 weeks on this earth for 1 short day, now in Heaven

Joy

Joined 30-Aug-08

Top Poster
18-Apr-09 9:49 pm

Full-size image

Joy

Joined 30-Aug-08

Top Poster
18-Apr-09 9:51 pm

only picture where she's not starring at her big sissy LOL

Full-size image

Nichole

Joined 11-Jun-08

Top Poster
20-Apr-09 11:05 pm

AirForceWife&MommyX4:

i'm glad you found something that works, i've never tried any homeopathic medicine but it sounds like it's working good for you, wish I had known about it with my other babies.

Wow Xander is big! for easter we drove out of state to visit relatives, my SIL had a baby Jan 8th, and she's never been a tiny baby but yet she weighs what Xander does, and she's almost 3 months old! my boys were like that too, they were born at 9 1/2 pounds and by 2 months they were both 13-14 pounds....and by 2 months they were in 6 month size clothes, I bet Xander is already or will soon be in 3/6 month size too...i'm still waiting for Emma to get into 0/3 month clothes....but it's commin soon She wore preemie for 5 1/2 weeks but she's only been in newborn size for a little over a week but they are already getting tight.

it's too bad nobody posts here anymore, I've requested a march mommies board cause it would be nice to keep in touch with everyone but so far it hasn't happened.

I wanna see some new pics of Xander too! I posted pictures of Emma's babtism in the top posters forum, here's a few in case you didn't see them, and a few new ones of my girls in their 1st matching outfits.

Ohh she's so cute! Love Ya! I'll put up some pictures later, I'm not home right now.

Page: of 1