Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Dealing with the wait...

Joined 8-Jan-09

Top Poster
25-Mar-09 9:12 am

How do you deal.. I am counting down to 14 weeks.  I am TERRIFIED of m/c.. It is always on my mind.  Everytime I use the little girls room I check for spotting.  There are SOO many weeks before a more or less "safe" period where I can relax again.  I just want time to speed up REALLY quickly to about 14 weeks and then slow right down again so I can enjoy my pg.  I am finding it so hard to be "happy".. I refuse to let myself be truly happy because I am so scared. I am "cautiously happy" lol.. I am over the moon to be pg..

I know I should relax and just try and enjoy my pg from the very start.. but sooo much easier said then done.  I just want to be able to keep my little bean.....

What are you girls doing to settle your nerves?

Hugs Violet Me (Diane),  Hearts DF, Baby Bear Girl  7, Baby Bear Girl our long awaited DD2! Our sway worked!! TY IG!

Hugs Bear LIttleBean Lost.. but not forgotten..Gone to be with my other L.O.'s Hugs Bear

Joined 20-Jan-09

25-Mar-09 9:23 am

im goin on 26 weeks now but at first i was scared to death to get too excited becuase I thought I would jinx myself. I even have a myspace and people were askin when i was gonna put stuff about being pregnant on it and it took me a little while to put anything for the fear of doing that and then something bad happening.I am still like that though. I feel like i would be enjoying being pregnant 10 times more if I would just calm myself down. the way my mother puts it to me is I need to quit stressin becuase it is in gods hands and what he wants for you will happen, i just have to trust in him.

Heart  My 2 Loves ..Daddy & LJ               Baby Bear Boy LJ 07-08-09

Joined 17-Feb-09

25-Mar-09 9:44 am

OMG,Im stressing out like all the in gender ladies combined.

I cant wait till my appt so the doctor can confirm everything.Im extremly terrified Im going to lose this little beany,im afraid coz I dont have symptoms yet,and I go to the restroom over a million times to check if everything is ok.its as if its too good to be true.

I just want to be 100% sure that my beany is there so I can enjoy my pregnancy.with my chemical,it lasted 6 long weeks,and the doc couldnt see ANYTHING in there at all.

I hope this time its different,and ill be able to see my baby and hear his heartbeat.

i cant say I have tips onhow to pass the time,coz i need tips myself.

Baby Bear Girlapril/08     Heartbrokenjanuary/09    Baby Bear Boy due 1st of dec

Joined 20-Feb-09

Top Poster
26-Mar-09 6:41 am

Hi Ladies, not sure what to tell you. I too am cautiously excited. I just take the best care of myself. I used to drink soda even while pregnant and know there is a miscarriage risk assoc. with too much caffeine. I don't drink it now! I try to get enough sleep, take my prenatal and extra folic acid, exercise, and organize my maternity clothes. I know that if it is going to happen ( a miscarriage) it's not my fault and there is nothing I can do about it anyway. I've been getting together with my friends and my cousin and I are due within 4wks of each other so I feel we are in the same boat. I've been sewing, cleaning, and tending my brood..... I dunno, guess I am a little more happy than scared.

Baby Bear Girlx5  expecting Baby Bear BoyJan. 30th

Joined 31-Jul-08

Top Poster
27-Mar-09 7:28 am

OMG I'm SO nervous!!!  I didn't even think to be nervous with DS because I didn't know any better.  After my chemical pregnancy last November, I started looking up the stats on m/c and freaked myself out!  And the days are DRAGGING!  I don't know how I'm going to make it to my first appointment, much less 14 weeks!  Tongue Tied

Baby Boy - 2006, Baby GirlBaby Girl  - 2009

Joined 8-Jan-09

Top Poster
27-Mar-09 7:32 am

maybe we could all take snazzle fandanzle sleeping aids.. get hooked up to nifty auto ivf's and SLEEP the next 14 weeks ?yeah! then we will wake up ! and be in the better more relaxing part of our pgs!!! dh's can take care of everything while we are "resting".. err.. Tongue Tied on second thought.. maybe not... hmmm.. need a new plan.

Hugs Violet Me (Diane),  Hearts DF, Baby Bear Girl  7, Baby Bear Girl our long awaited DD2! Our sway worked!! TY IG!

Hugs Bear LIttleBean Lost.. but not forgotten..Gone to be with my other L.O.'s Hugs Bear

Joined 31-Jul-08

Top Poster
27-Mar-09 4:55 pm

Fearymay:

SLEEP the next 14 weeks ?

That sounds WONDERFUL!  Like being put under general anaesthesia during surgery and you wake up and it's all over!  I definitely need something like that!

Baby Boy - 2006, Baby GirlBaby Girl  - 2009

Joined 17-Feb-09

28-Mar-09 2:04 am

lol,count me in girlsHappy Wink

Baby Bear Girlapril/08     Heartbrokenjanuary/09    Baby Bear Boy due 1st of dec

Page: of 1