Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Post your experiments pictures here!!

Most postinest poster

Joined 9-Jan-06

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

24-Mar-09 10:11 am

Great idea from someone!  Everyone post your pics for EGS experiments here!

Rae

Joined 17-Dec-08

Top Poster
24-Mar-09 11:29 am

Here's the pics of DHs homemade incubator incase you can't get your hands on one at a store, or you're trying to save money.

Digital Thermometer inserted through the side

Foil lined inside including the lid. Note the extension cord suspending the heat source, a 15 watt night light.

Unfortunately the temprature must be manually regulated by shifting the lid to vent when the temp starts to climb. So you have to watch it closely.

Mommy toBaby BoyJoel-11 Baby BoyAdam-9 Baby Girl Gabrielle-6 Baby BoyBenjamin-4 Baby BoySamuel-2 Baby Girl Josephine - Born 8/23 ~ Half a dozen!             “Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.” - Shel Silverstein

Most postinest poster

Joined 9-Jan-06

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

24-Mar-09 5:00 pm

Home made centrifuge:

P2170001.jpg picture by cindyblinky

P2170005.jpg picture by cindyblinky

Idea came from here

Most postinest poster

Joined 9-Jan-06

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

26-Mar-09 3:38 pm

This is gardangels post; I anciently deleted it but managed to save the content:

EW in cap before insertion

Test tube after swim down (EW on the bottom)

Test tube modified for mesh, cut medicine dropper used for top.

incubator with funnel and pipette

Most postinest poster

Joined 9-Jan-06

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

26-Mar-09 3:38 pm

This is gardangels post; I anciently deleted it but managed to save the content:

EW in cap before insertion

Test tube after swim down (EW on the bottom)

Test tube modified for mesh, cut medicine dropper used for top.

incubator with funnel and pipette

Joined 9-Apr-08

Top Poster
26-Mar-09 3:52 pm

Successful EW floating on top of semen mixture:

Full-size image

Joined 9-Apr-08

Top Poster
26-Mar-09 3:55 pm

using fish net to hold EW on top of semen:

Full-size image

Joined 9-Apr-08

Top Poster
26-Mar-09 3:56 pm

These are the only pics I have left. I deleted the others Sad

Joined 27-Sep-08

Top Poster
29-Mar-09 2:16 am

The homemade centrifuge is amazing!  Thankyou tamara.  I am definately making one for this month.  I was seriously thinking of using the washing machine on spin with a blanket on the inside to hold up the container with the sperm in it.....egg beaters much easier..

Thanks to all the ladies who have added their pics. Gives the rest of us great ideas

Katie

Baby Boy 2003  Baby Boy 2004  Baby Girl  2010......thankyou IG!!!  Happy  LOL

Joined 29-Mar-09

Top Poster
22-Apr-09 10:09 pm

Sucrose Solutions for GDC w/ egg whites - food coloring & egg whites for practice rounds only

Food Coloring

Thanks to Radiance for the tip who said she got it from someone else too.

THANKS, IG!

Joined 22-Jul-08

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

28-Apr-09 3:34 pm

Awesome picture Grace!  I finally took a few minutes to get pictures of my incubator to get them posted.  I don't know how to post multiple pictures within one entry so I will have to do multiple posts.  The only thing that we had to buy was the pink duct tape.  Happy  LOL We had the rest of the supplies around the house.  

This is the outside of a stryfoam cooler. My dh cut a hole on the left end with a hot knife so it wouldn't continue shedding, as stryfoam likes to do.  He cut the hole large enough for the light socket to fit through there very tight.

Baby Boy 11,Baby Boy 8,Baby Boy 5, Baby Boy 2, going to start ttc Baby Girl July 2013! ; 9/09Heartbroken      

Joined 22-Jul-08

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

28-Apr-09 3:41 pm

2. This is the top of the lid. We originally had cut a hole in the top (just like on the side with a hot knife) so we could keep an eye on the inside but we ended up having to put aluminum foil on the inside of the lid to help maintain the temp. I will point out that when we originally put this together in August that we didn't need the foil on the lid, we only had to add the foil when it got really cold outside.  I don't know how it affects the inside of the incubator but it does.

Baby Boy 11,Baby Boy 8,Baby Boy 5, Baby Boy 2, going to start ttc Baby Girl July 2013! ; 9/09Heartbroken      

Joined 17-Sep-08

Top Poster
28-Apr-09 3:46 pm

Wow!  That looks great!  Love the color!  We made the mistake of making our first one out of a circular one and that was not good at all.  We now have an insulated box.  How do you maintain the temp?  We turn the light on and off rather than lifting the lid as this would drop the temp too much too fast.  It seems to work better.

Baby Bear BoyBaby Bear GirlBaby Bear BoyBaby Bear BoyBaby Bear Boy EGS Opposite June 23,2011

Joined 22-Jul-08

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

28-Apr-09 4:01 pm

BabyB~ Thanks, I am trying to post multiple pictures & my computer is messing up.  I have 2 more. Embarrassed 3. Here is a picture of the entire inside including the lid so you could see it better.

Full-size image

Joined 22-Jul-08

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

28-Apr-09 4:03 pm

The inside of the incubator is a little more difficult to explain.  It was put together by my dh who is an engineer.  He likes for things to run well and not have to keep an eye on it 24/7 so he came up with the idea of putting a thermostat on the inside. He did some adjusting with the lever on the inside of the thermostat so it would keep the inside of the incubator right at 99*. If you need further explanation on how to adjust the lever, please pm me & I will get the answer from my Dh. Embarrassed He also connected the light bulb to the thermostat so that when the temp inside the incubator reached 99*, it would shut off. If it started to drop below 99*, then the light will turn back on. The one thing that I don't have in the picture is a coffee cup of 99* water that I add for humidity and to help stabilize the sample's temperature.  In our test runs, we found that the thermostat had a several degree swing in its temperature range (we set it for 99, but it wouldn't turn the light on until it hit about 97.5 & wouldn't turn it off again until the temp hit about 100.5)  Using a ceramic coffee cup filled with 99* water helped to keep our sample at the right temperature so that it wasn't effected by the thermostat's temperature swing.

If there is anything else that I need to explain, please ask. Geeked I know that it is huge but I really love it.  I have room to place a container of lime, as well as a separate container with the lime douche to keep it at the right temp!  Happy Smile

Full-size image

Page: of 5