Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

My test not getting any darker :(

Maria

Joined 30-Sep-08

Forum Leader Top Poster
23-Mar-09 9:29 pm

Well I got 2 tests from Food lion and the one test I did last week, has completely dissapeared and there is only 2 lines and doesn't show the + sign anymore Sad

I also did another one and it is still light but the + sign is visible but not darker than the first one so I am getting upset and almost don't want to go tomorrow and tell me that it's not a BFP.  I don't know what to do now and I still have cramps. I know they say it's a confirmation visit but is there anything else they normally do at the appointment? I haven't really went to a comfirmation appt, per say Flower My left side is hurting bad Heart

Well I guess there is nothing I can do so I might as well go to bed and just see what they say tomorrow Hugs Bear

coming in 2014

Joined 7-Jun-07

Top Poster
23-Mar-09 9:30 pm

If it helps any, with my last pregnancy I kept POAS (because I had them, so why not!) and even ten weeks into the pregnancy they never got darker. Just a tiny little second line. Baby was fine, and is almost three years old!  So try not to worry too much - hope all is well.

? Completely Complete ?

Joined 8-May-08

Top Poster
23-Mar-09 9:32 pm

A positive is a positive...maybe you ovulated later then you think?? Really rooting for you...

December '04July '06

October '08 May '10 September '11

Maria

Joined 30-Sep-08

Forum Leader Top Poster
23-Mar-09 9:33 pm

Thanks honey, I guess I don't understand why the other test doesn't have the + sign anymore and there are only 2 I I lines instead of a + I

Thanks again for your reply, it makes me feel somewhat better Hugs Bear

coming in 2014

Nicole

Joined 31-Oct-08

23-Mar-09 9:43 pm

Would you be able to do a blood test tomorrow? It may give you piece of mind since they are more accurate than HPT. Flower

Baby Boy 97, Baby Boy 99, Baby Boy 08,

Make a pregnancy ticker

Joined 13-Aug-07

Top Poster
23-Mar-09 9:46 pm

when a hpt dries I think that makes the ink kinda disappear. My pos. hpt with ds1 was a plus one, and when it dried you could barely see the line making it a plus, he is 2 1/2 now :) I am hoping everything is fine!

Joined 4-Feb-09

Top Poster
24-Mar-09 5:47 am

Maria, please stay calm.  If I poas one more time just to see if the test line gets as dark as the control line, I'm setting myself up for worry.  So far none of mine has been as dark as the control line no matter what brand of HPT I take.  You're gonna make yourself sick with worry.  I haven't read anyway that the line is supposed to be AS dark.  I poas this am with a $ store test and it's still isn't as dark.

Try to relax and have a good appt today. I'll be thinking about you.

Joanne

Baby Boy2002 (6)  Baby Boy2006 (3)  Baby Girl12-7-09

Running 30 MPW...I want my body BACK!

Joined 4-Feb-09

Top Poster
24-Mar-09 6:01 am

I copied this from peeonastick.  Please don't worry! 

8. The positive line is really faint. Is this okay? An HPT tells you exactly one thing: your urine either has detectable pregnancy hormone in it, or it doesn't. The darkness or lightness of a line doesn't mean much. Generally speaking, a very light line can mean there is a small amount of hCG in your urine, and a very dark line can mean there is a larger amount of hCG in your urine. This is why you may get a faint positive at 10 DPO but a darker positive at 18 DPO. However, this is not always true. Tests are all different, and even tests in the same box may differ in sensitivity. Comparing light/dark lines will just drive you nuts. If you see a line in the "results" window, you're preg!

Baby Boy2002 (6)  Baby Boy2006 (3)  Baby Girl12-7-09

Running 30 MPW...I want my body BACK!

Joined 20-Sep-08

Top Poster
24-Mar-09 6:13 am

It sounds like to don't need to worry but I'll be thinking about you.Remember a positive is a positive. Good Luck Clover

Trio Mommy to:  Baby Bear Boy8 Baby Bear Boy4 Baby Bear Girl2

Done having babies and working on the mommy buldge!

Currently doing supreme 90 days, eating healthy and saving my pennys for a tummy tuck!!! :)

Joined 14-Sep-08

Top Poster
24-Mar-09 6:26 am

Good luck at your doc apt today!!  I think you have nothing to worry about..... I say stop testing!  Also, positive lines go away after a while and so does the digital pregnant one... like three days later, I looked at mine and they were almost gone and the digi test was turned off completely!

So, your pregnant.... your more aware of what can go wrong because of this site, doesn't mean it's gonna happen to you! 

I hope and pray you get the confirmation and security you need today from the doc office.  Can't wait to hear about it!!!

Hugs......

Maria

Joined 30-Sep-08

Forum Leader Top Poster
24-Mar-09 7:30 am

Thanks girls. I thought about all of you last night before I went to bed and I actually slept really well. My appointment is in 2 hours and I will be leaving soon so I will update when I get back. Thank you all very much for your support and love Heart

coming in 2014

Laurie

Joined 20-Aug-08

Top Poster
24-Mar-09 8:57 am

Thinking of you!! Pray

Baby Boy Zach 4-2-06  Hearts   Baby Girl Halle   3-10-10

[

Preggo with an oops!!

Joined 15-Nov-08

Top Poster
24-Mar-09 10:03 am

Good luck at your appt. I am sure everything will be fine!!!

Joined 20-Feb-09

Top Poster
24-Mar-09 10:14 am

We are all thinking of you Maria, anxiously waiting to hear how  your appt. went Pray

Baby Bear Girlx5  expecting Baby Bear BoyJan. 30th

Maria

Joined 30-Sep-08

Forum Leader Top Poster
24-Mar-09 11:28 am

Hi ladies, I am back from my Dr's appointment. I am 5 weeks and 2 days pregnant and I am due on November 23rd, 2009 Happy Celebrate

I go back for a sonogram on April 14th at 9 in the morning. Thank you all very much for the love and support you have given me Heart 

coming in 2014
Page: of 3