Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Ultrasound mistakes

Joined 26-Mar-08

26-Feb-09 5:30 pm

I'm probably a bit paranoid.  Does anyone have a fear that they were told their desired gender at 20wks and then at birth the baby comes out opposite?  I know it happens and it is rare.  I'm afraid to get too excited.  For some reason I'm obsessing this week. 

Baby Boy Baby Boy

Baby Girl June 2009

Joined 20-Sep-08

Top Poster
27-Feb-09 10:41 am

I understand that feeling! I snuck off and got a private U/S two weeks before my 20wk and until I had that one I was really scared and even had a nightmare about it. There was even a girl at work that told me she couldn't tell my baby was a girl by my U/S video. IMO I think she just didn't want to be happy for me but it hurt and made me scared. Hang in there. I'm sure your ok!Hearts

Trio Mommy to:  Baby Bear Boy8 Baby Bear Boy4 Baby Bear Girl2

Done having babies and working on the mommy buldge!

Currently doing supreme 90 days, eating healthy and saving my pennys for a tummy tuck!!! :)

Joined 30-Nov-08

Top Poster
27-Feb-09 1:08 pm

I think most ladies told girl are worried.  mistakes seem to be more common that way around. penisis rarely dissapear but do seem to appear for some people.

Im sure your okay though so try and relax and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy

Maddie 

13 week ultrasound

Joined 14-Jan-08

Top Poster
1-Mar-09 1:02 pm

yes I am freaking out about it.  I have never questioned an ultrasound gender diagnosis until this time for some reason.  And my dh keeps saying that ultrasounds can be wrong, don't buy things now in case its a boy etc.  Freaks me out.  Even my 4 year old keeps insisting that I am having a boy and that the "lady" was wrong.  I wish I could get another ultrasound for reassurance.!!!

Baby Boy  Baby Girl Baby Boy Baby Boy  and a  beautiful new Baby Bear Girl

Joined 11-Jan-08

Top Poster
1-Mar-09 3:36 pm
I'm sure that is SO common - especially after 2 or more of the same sex. I didn't feel like I could make a girl after 2 boys, then 3 came along in a row!
Baby Boy 1997 Baby Boy 1998 Baby Girl 2001 Baby Girl Angel at 20 weeks Baby Girl 2007 Baby Boy 2009
Page: of 1