Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

So glad to find this forum!

Joined 16-Aug-08

27-Jan-09 6:58 am

What a great forum. I wish I had something like this when my kids were younger!

My name is Adel. I'm 48. I have 3 children and 3 grandchildren. My oldest Jamie, is 27, she's the mother of my grandchildren. My son James is 25. He has Asperger's. My youngest daughter Cassidy is 22. She was born with hydrocephalus and has a VP shunt.

My oldest grandson (Jude) will be 5 in a few weeks. He has Asperger's as well. Watching my daughter deal with him is almost like living my son's childhood over again. Thankfully, she grew up dealing with her brother so I think she has a better understanding of her son's 'issues', lol! Back when James was little, Asperger's wasn't even recognized. We went from doctor to doctor trying to figure out what was wrong with him. They all had different ideas ranging from ADD to bad parenting. We had two fairly 'normal' well behaved daughters so we knew our parenting wasn't all that bad! Of course we questioned ourselves though. I am so thankful my daughter isn't having to deal with the same uncertainty. Even though she has those horrible days where she doesn't know if she'll ever survive Jude's childhood, at least she knows deep down, his problems aren't because of the way she parents him!  

I just want all of you Aspie Mom's to know there's hope. I had so many "why the heck does he do that" days, so many days when I wondered if I'd survive his childhood, so many days when I worried about his future, Yes, he was a challenge (lordy, what an understatement) but I wish you could see him now. He drives (I never thought we'd be able to trust him behind the wheel of a lawn mower, much less a car) he has a decent job, he dates and he plays drums in a heavy metal band! He does still have some issues. He's horrible with money, he rarely gets anywhere on time (although he's getting better) he still has a short temper (that's improving as well) and he can talk about a certain subject (whatever his current obsession is) until you think your ears may bleed...It doesn't look like that will ever get better though, lol!  I'm hoping his zombie movie obsession will be over soon.FYI, If any of you are having zombie troubles feel free to PM me, I've become an expert. :::sigh:::: ...and I thought his tornado phase was bad!

Adel, Mom to 3

Grandma to 4!

~for my 5 cuties~

Joined 23-Feb-08

Top Poster
27-Jan-09 7:09 am
[post removed per this user's request]

Hearts Momma to many precious children who are the loves of my life! Hearts 

Maria

Joined 30-Sep-08

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

27-Jan-09 8:23 am

Adel, glad to have you join our forum, we are looking forward to getting to know you Heart

My techno savvy one 2005
My miracle boy 2009
My birthday buddy 2014

Joy

Joined 30-Aug-08

Top Poster
27-Jan-09 8:29 am

you sound like an incredible mom and grandmom, welcome to our group!

Lilypie Kids birthday PicLilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Lilypie Kids birthday PicLilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Married to my Air Force sweetie for 14 years
Mommy to Baby Boy Jason ~ 14  Baby Boy Ryan ~ 12   Baby Girl Jenna ~ 3   Baby Girl Emma Rose born Feb 28th 2009
Gestational Surrogate to Baby Girl Erin ~ 9
Baby Boy William Born November 13th 2000 at 23.5 weeks on this earth for 1 short day, now in Heaven
Traditional Surrogate to Baby Boy Colter ~ 6
Egg donor to Baby Girl Baby Boy Twins ~ 7 Albert & Victoria

Page: of 1