Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Due in January 2009 baby progress!

Joined 12-Jul-07

Top Poster
24-Dec-08 6:09 pm

Anybody had their babies yet?  Anybody close? 

At my 38 week appointment today I was 2 cm dialated and doctor says pretty much anytime.  We just need to get her to move down lower to make progression happen faster and stuff.  He says he wouldn't mind inducing me on January 4th with cytotec and breaking my water, if I haven't had her yet by then, since he claims my due date is January 11th and doesn't want to do it before 39 weeks.  Yet he counted my appointment today as 38 weeks.  IDK?  My doctor is confusing sometimes.  Anyways if I'm gonna be induced so early I want to do it on the 2nd, since DH and DD1 are back to work and school on the 5th.  And by my LMP of April 4th and my ovulation date of April 18th I'm due on January 9th anyways.  We'll see though, I hope I'm able to go into labor on my own by the 2nd anyways.  I'm mostly just waiting for Christmas to be over now, and am hoping I even make it to January.  But I think I could get things moving along rather quickly if I wanted!  Wishful thinking...   

Mar 03 Baby Girl
Dec 04 Baby Girl
Aug 06 Baby Girl
Jan 09 Baby Girl
Due Jul 11 Baby Girl

Joined 8-Jul-08

25-Dec-08 2:37 am

I'm due Jan 12th and went to L&D on the 21st with close contractions.  I dilated to 5cm and then the contractions stopped so I went home.  I've had random contractions since then but nothing to send me back to the hospital.

Joined 25-Nov-07

Top Poster
25-Dec-08 11:27 am

Not due till Jan 24th but my midwife says I have a due month, not due date. She says anytime from Jan 1st thru 44 weeks she's fine with. I haven't had any cervical checks but was completely closed at 32 weeks I think? I am almost 36 weeks. After new years I will be on pins and needles waitng for my labor to start. I am having a homebirth so will not be induced. 

Heartbroken

loveour5boys

Joined 21-Nov-07

Top Poster
25-Dec-08 2:48 pm

Well Im due on jan 12th, I had my 37 week app and NOTHING.....The cervix is pretty much the same as last week except she said that its 3cm on the outside and 1 on the inside?  She said its what they call a funneling cervix?   IDK.... I asked her to strip my membranes and she said that they dont do it untill 39 weeks, sooo more waiting for me....i know its early but im just sooo ready to have this baby already, I feel like he is huge!  The fundus measures at 39cm and last week it was 36cm so it grew by 4cm in 1 week!  I keep having cramps and loose stools(TMI sorry)  HmmHow is everyone else doing?

5 wonderful boys

Bonnie

Joined 19-Feb-08

Top Poster
25-Dec-08 8:04 pm

I had my almost 38 week appointment on Tuesday and this little girl is definately moving down...I tend to measure bigger to start with..but I didn't start out small to begin with....at 35 weeks I was measuring 41cm...at 37 weeks I was measuring 40cm adn this time at 38 weeks I was measuring 38cm...tells me she is moving down...lets home she moves righton out..."Go to the Light!!!" Happy  LOL

Baby Boy Robin-01/96 Baby Boy Nick-09/98 Baby Boy Kaelen-10/01 Baby Boy Josh-09/03 Baby Boy Eric-08/07 Baby Girl Allison-01/09

B/C really is only 99% effective!!! LOL DH and I are very excited (and relieved) to have gotten our surprise Baby Bear Girl

Heart Evan --2004 (official love of my life since 1999)

loveour5boys

Joined 21-Nov-07

Top Poster
26-Dec-08 12:55 pm

my4boyz+1=5rottenboyz:

Go to the Light!!!" Happy  LOL

Happy ROFL

5 wonderful boys

Lovin my 3!!

Joined 1-Aug-08

Top Poster
26-Dec-08 1:21 pm

andbabymakes4:
She says anytime from Jan 1st thru 44 weeks she's fine with.

OMG i would die!! I don't even see how i am gonna make it to my due date cause i feel sooo awful! If i was thinking it could be 44 weeks i don't know what i would do.
I wish you ladies all luck! THe sooner you get your'se out the sooner mine will be here alsoHappy

Labor vibes to all!!

http://www.tutucutecouture.etsy.com/

Tyler 8-99 Baby Boy Kyle 3-04 Baby Boy Payton Elizabeth  1-09 Baby Girl Lilypie

Joined 30-Nov-07

29-Dec-08 4:03 pm

I'm due January 26th, and this is my fourth pregnancy.  This is the first one where I have been experiencing BH every so often, and also lots of pressure down there.  I have my 36th week appointment on Friday and hopefully my OB will check me because I can already feel dilated. 

Quick question: what does the mucus plug look like?  is it red/pinkish or clear/white?  or varies???  If it can be clear/white, I think I might have lost it yesterday as I was about to go pee, my underwear had clear/white discharge, mucusy looking.  And today, I've been having painful BHs, and just abdominal pain all over.  For me, even though I'm tired, ready to get this over with;  I really don't want to go into labor early, I'm not ready, I still have lots to do -- clean house, wash and put away her clothes, and assemble the bassinet.  I am still working, and counting down the days until I take off on maternity leave, which will be a week before my due date -- I'm hoping that's enough time to get everything ready, but we'll see...

Lovin my 3!!

Joined 1-Aug-08

Top Poster
29-Dec-08 4:17 pm

MAGDA_31:
Quick question: what does the mucus plug look like?  

I am wondering the same thing...

Joined 12-Jul-07

Top Poster
29-Dec-08 6:06 pm

Rhonda79"]

[quote user="MAGDA_31:

Quick question: what does the mucus plug look like?  [/quote]

I am wondering the same thing...

If you REALLY want to know click here http://forum.baby-gaga.com/about222242.html, but BE WARNED!!! 

If you just want a discription I'd say it's a lot like a huge snot.  It can be anywhere from clear, to yellow, to brown, to pink, to red streaked.  It can come out in one big clump or lots of small pieces over time or anywhere in between.  It's pretty much the same idea of EWCM since it's coming from the same place, just more thicker and formed if it comes out at once. 

Mar 03 Baby Girl
Dec 04 Baby Girl
Aug 06 Baby Girl
Jan 09 Baby Girl
Due Jul 11 Baby Girl

Lovin my 3!!

Joined 1-Aug-08

Top Poster
29-Dec-08 6:10 pm

Ok now that was nasty!Yuck But thanks now i know. After 2 kids i have never seen that and i've also never known when i lost mine. Is it possible to come out during labor? or does it have to come out before?

Joined 25-Nov-07

Top Poster
29-Dec-08 6:55 pm

If you didn't see yours it came out when you were in labor and you didn't notice. Happy Wink

Heartbroken

loveour5boys

Joined 21-Nov-07

Top Poster
30-Dec-08 1:35 am

With my first pregnancy the mucus plug came out all in one huge clump like a handfull Envy  with my second it came out in little pieces here and there like when i wiped or just in my underwear....it looks just like ewcm but a little thicker....

I had my 38 week app today and the baby droped from -3 last week to -1 and im 1-2cm dialated....im praying that the baby will come new years eve!  Im just soooo ready to get this over with....Im going to try the primrose oil capsules...has anyone tried them? 

5 wonderful boys

Joined 30-Nov-07

30-Dec-08 10:30 am

Thanks for the responses.  And yes, I think I am losing my plug, but it doesn't look anything like the pictures from baby-gaga -- mine looks thicker than EWCM, and white.  I had more this morning, but yup, it looks like a huge white snot.  I'll see what my OB tells me this Friday, hopefully I'm progressing -- scary though as I'm not ready, and just the thought of going through the labor pains and everything [:'(]

I'm still having painful BHs, and their similar to the minor contractions I was having with my last pregnancy the day I had him.  I just hope she can wait a little longer, two weeks at least so that I can get something done -- which I doubt, I'm in the nesting phase, but I don't have the energy or ability to do anything.  This is the first pregnancy where I'm so uncomfortable, and my vjj is so swollen from the pressure (I actually have what I think are 2 veins that have popped out close to the area Sad) -- I can barely walk...

Another thing that I've also noticed this week is that my pee smells like chemicals, a strong, stinky smell Yuck

Joined 7-Jan-07

Top Poster
2-Jan-09 8:17 am

WOOOO HOOO! I made it to January! I REALLY wanted to have a 2009 baby (he'd start school a full year earlier had I of delivered in Dec). Anyway, I'm still here chugging along. Had my 38 wk appt a few days ago and doc said baby was high and cervix closed (as much as closed means after having 3 kids). Went and did my final bloodwork today so now I'm in the waiting game. I went out and got outfits for the older kids that would "match" so they will look good in the zillion photos I take on their visitis to the hospital. In France we stay 3-4 nights. Anyway, that is DONE. I washed all of Evan's clothes this week *even the new ones because I read they treat new clothes with FORMALDAHYDE and sprays to stop mildew and wrinkling. YUCK! I was going to keep them all new looking and unwashed but I gave in! I was so surprised that they all still looked spankin new after washing in cold, air drying and ironing! I LOVE the look of new baby clothes :). So I zipped up all my bags last night. I have WAY too much stuff packed but the hospitals here don't provide anything (not even towels or pads) so I had to pack all that stuff for 4 nights. I have 4 bags! Okay, but they are small duffels...plus the camera bag and my boppy and pillow from home! It always looks like I'm moving in! LOL! I have been having some painful ctx but not much. I have been loosing a little bit of my plug too, but the doc said that can start 3 weeks before labor. GOOD LUCK GIRLS! Keep the updates coming! This is getting so exciting now! :)

Baby Girl 1999 Baby Boy 2002 (Shettles) Baby Girl 2006 Baby Boy Born 1/15/09 (gender diet baby)

preview image

Page: of 4