Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

If you egg whites sink try this step..

Most postinest poster

Joined 9-Jan-06

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

19-Dec-08 9:56 am

For some people there egg whites will not float on top of semen.  We discovered the reason for this is the sugar content in the semen.  If you don't have enough sugar then the density is off.  You can fix this. Please remember, to much sugar will kill sperm so please try to stick to the suggested amount or less.  Sugar water does not change pH.

Generally the rule is mix 1 tsp sugar with 2tsp distilled water and dissolve the sugar in the water. Then collect your semen, and add SW that is half the amount of semen to the sample.

So for example, if you had 2ml of semen, then you would add 1 ml of sw. Some people are adding just a little less of SW, say 0.9ml to see if that works. So now you have 3ml sample (2ml semen, 1ml sw) and you mix that by rocking back and forth. THEN you add EW on top that is the same amount as the semen you originally collected, in this eg, it is 2ml.

So then in your incubator you would have a 5ml sample, 3ml would be the sw/semen mix and the top 2ml would be EW.

Shorter version for reference:

SW = 1 tsp sugar to 2 tsp distilled water

Mix 1/2 semen volume of SW with Semen (rocking motion)

add EW same volume as original semen volume.

I've been using tablespoons to mix the SW, then I have a lot in case of a mistake. teaspoons are pretty small and harder to work with, but I think as long as the ratio is the same it should be OK right?

ddddds
My IG Blog.................... 7 Sway Factors: Diet, pH, Minerals, Hormones,
Swaying E-book .............................Ions, Supplements and Timing
...........................................................They are all linked together
Other diets:

Joined 7-Jun-08

26-Dec-08 1:52 am

Makes sense. I never had trouble with it sinking. But my hubby loves sweets. LOL

Most postinest poster

Joined 9-Jan-06

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

26-Dec-08 10:36 am

yes, but for those ttc a boy they cant just pump dh full of sugar because that will lower pH.  They will have to get it naturally threw things like orange juice

ddddds
...........................................................They are all linked together
Other diets:

Most postinest poster

Joined 9-Jan-06

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

19-May-09 10:39 am

Some people have found the sugar burns out all the sperm by the time the sort is over.  If this happens to you, others have found they can use skim milk powered for ttc a girl or powered egg whites for ttc a boy.

To do this you need to put the semen in a container, then grind up the power to a really fine consistency.  Then carefully sprinkle on top then mix it in.  you do not want the semen to get cloudy so use very little.

ddddds
Other diets:

Page: of 1