Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Why not to have a Gender Scan in the 14th week....

Full House

Joined 5-Jul-07

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

15-Nov-08 9:16 am

So, unless you tech is obsessed with gender, and really really knows what they are looking for (ie ME), I always recommend to NOT get a gender scan in the 14th week. Even early 15th week can be trouble!

Here are some pics of my lump, to see the range of images all taken from the same baby, the same day. 14w4d. Babe is measuring 15wk though.

A lot of great kids, and a full time job mean very little time to play! Miss you all!!
Thank you In-Gender and Maureen for giving me a place to dream, and the tools to chase those dreams<3

SAM

Joined 2-Sep-08

15-Nov-08 10:57 am

Wow, I do see how you can be thrown off by certain shots!  I can see being told both boy or girl depending at what angle or shot you're looking at.Surprise

Congrats again on little "Miss Kitty"Hearts

GL & best wishesFlower

Proud and Lucky Mom to:

Baby Boy 1997 Baby Boy 1998 Baby Boy 2000 Baby Boy 2003 Baby Girl 2009

Joined 9-Oct-07

Top Poster
15-Nov-08 11:19 am

Congratulations on your little Miss Kitty. Love Ya!

Dawn

Joined 19-Oct-07

Top Poster
15-Nov-08 11:30 am

all the photos looks girly. You just have to look closely and make sure you choose a tech with a lot of experience like CC :)

I was able to find out my baby was a girl at 14 weeks. I alo had a very good tech who is right over 90% of the time :) 

CONGRATS ON YOUR BABY GIRL CC.

Joined 5-Nov-08

15-Nov-08 12:16 pm

I agree with that! Was told Girl at 16wks and now boy at 17-its a shock i could have done without...needless to say *if* there is a next one we won't find out till our 18wk! SO happy for your little GIRL though CC! ;)

Joined 1-Nov-08

15-Nov-08 1:28 pm
Miss Kitty, LOL! Thanks for posting this, Charliecats. My obsessed husband and the obsessed techs (lol) at the imaging center he works at were like, "LET'S SCAN YOU!" yesterday. As you know, we are the same due date. Well, one minute she was like, "OMG, that's SO a boy!". Then she was like, "wait.. wait... not sure and would get a very "miss kitty" shot as well. As you can imagine I'm frustrated and just want NO MORE SCANS until twenty weeks. FEH! I've run the gamut of emotions this last day. I wish I had never been scanned, especially by someone who is not a full time OB sonographer. She got good pics, but I really didn't feel she knew what she was really looking at. It was so weird...
all done.

Joined 26-Nov-07

Top Poster
15-Nov-08 2:15 pm
Congratulations on your little girl. I am so excited for you and I although I don't know you I feel as though I do through these boards.

Julie

Baby Girl Age 13  Baby Boy Age 11 Baby Boy Angel lost at 15 weeks Baby Boy Age 7 Baby Girl Age4

Joined 23-Aug-06

Top Poster
15-Nov-08 3:34 pm

wowser check out that ironing board nubHeartsBaby Bear Girl

Joined 14-Jul-08

Top Poster
16-Nov-08 3:03 pm

Well, CONGRATS on finally seeing your little girl show her stuff! Baby Bear Girl  I know you pretty much knew, but it still must be exciting! Happy Smile  I'm happy for you!  Those shots look very much like my little gal did at 14 weeks.

Baby Boy 5 Baby Boy 2 Baby Girl 1

She's finally here!

Joined 3-Jun-07

Top Poster
16-Nov-08 3:08 pm
I just want to say Congrats!!!!! I'm so glad she's a she!!! Hearts
Baby Boy Baby Boy Baby Boy Baby Boy Baby Girl 5/09 After 3 canceled cycles, finally.... MS/IVF, 92% Baby Girl sort, transferred one 5 day A blast...and my baby girl is here.

Joined 16-Oct-08

16-Nov-08 5:03 pm

I just wanted to add my congrats on your baby girl to. It is just fantastic news you have the little miss you so desire Hearts

Thanks so much for your always helpful insight into gender scanning to. It has been so appreciated.

Proud mummy to three very very gorgeous Baby Girl's. They are the sunshine in my life and wouldn't change any of them for a Baby Boy despite wanting one. They are my world Hearts

Joined 27-Aug-08

16-Nov-08 6:45 pm

Congrats on Miss Kitty!! love the name! Happy Wink

So how mant times are you gonna check that something doesn't grow between the legs!! lol

Baby Boy Josh - 8 Baby Boy Kaleb - 5 Baby Boy Dylan - 3 Baby Girl Aimee - due 10th Feb

*Joe~Ann~Mae*

Joined 17-Mar-08

Top Poster
16-Nov-08 6:53 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

kayla

Joined 23-Oct-06

Top Poster
16-Nov-08 9:40 pm

Yeah for little miss kitty!!!!

Mom toBaby GirlBaby GirlBaby Girland Baby BoyBaby Boy ( 2 succuessful sways)

Baby Girl in November 2010

Joined 9-Aug-08

Top Poster
16-Nov-08 10:15 pm

On your Princess~Happy CelebrateHearts

Mom to  Baby Girl,Baby Girl | Baby Boy,Baby Boy My Preemie Prince Born at 33 Weeks.

(2 Succuessful sways, Thank you God)

Page: of 15