Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Weekly progress reports/ check in's. Anyone game?

Susan

Joined 28-Nov-07

30-Oct-08 10:55 am

So I thought that it might be fun to keep tab's on everyone and their progress.We are all rounding the corner and due dates fast approaching.

Yesterday I started my weekly appt's.They did a strep B test and checked my cervix,told her not to bother I have never made any progress before labor and always go late.She check and said a fingertip.My blood pressure is also high 138/80 , 2nd time in the 130's first time that high,weight is the same as last week.I am thinking about starting the evening primrose oil to help dialate and get thing prepared for labor. I don't want to induce but if I can shorten time in labor the better. Hope everone waiting in the wings for D-Day is having an uneventful last trimester! Good Luck to all, Hope to hear from everone soon.

Gidget  Hearts

Baby Boy 10 Baby Boy 7 Baby Boy 1 Baby Girl Due 11-26-08

Joined 23-Jan-07

Top Poster
30-Oct-08 3:02 pm

Well, I haven't done bi-weekly appts, because I just don't want to!  But, my next appt is the 14th and I promised I'd go every week after that.  They are just so boring.  Urine and bp always fine, weight check depresses me!  I'll get the Group B test at that appt.  Fun.  With the new doctor that I don't really like!  At least it's the last time I'll have to see him and hopefully he won't be on call when the day comes!!! 

I am just so ready to have this baby I can't even stand it.  I don't know how I'll make it another 5 weeks.  I'm sleeping like crap and look just as bad!  I wanna hold my baby already.  At least then I have a good reason for not sleeping at night, instead of just being uncomfortable and having to go to the bathroom every hour. 

Good luck to all!  Can't wait to hear the birth stories soon and see some pics.

Sometimes on the way to a dream, you get lost and find a better one.

Nikki

Joined 25-Nov-07

30-Oct-08 5:13 pm

Hi there. I'm on weekly appts too. My midwife comes to my house so she has a coffee and we have a good old chat about everything and anything. I like catching up with her and it certainly isn't very clinical. I have been having Cx last night not sure what is happening today. I am contracting when I walk around. I usually have a few false labours leading up the the real deal. I have never gone early but have been wishing hard that this might be the first time.I have gone to 41 weeks with all the boys and that seems eternity away. I was hoping to make it to Nov though as my two eldest are born in Oct. I'd like her to have a month of her own. But baby knows best.

I have started EPO and we have sex whenever I am up for it (which is not too often hehe...) Lots of visualisations of birth and meeting her. I am so excited I just want it to happen already. I am planning a homebirth so should be able to get online pretty soon after to let you all know. Would be nice to be this weekend. GL and I'll check in soon. Hearts

Be well, Nikki Baby Boy9 Baby Boy7 Baby Boy3 Baby Girl Born 11/24/08

Olivia

Joined 11-Feb-07

Top Poster
30-Oct-08 8:05 pm

Am down to weekly appts from this Monday and will know more about induction then... Strep B on Monday.

Am having LOTS of braxton hicks which I never had before- well not painful ones anyways which these are. I think she is engaged which is later than with the boys but either way my SPD is still excruciating :(.

Am doing positive visualization which seems to be helping a little. Raspberry tea is now a regular as is sex lol.. (hubby thinks it's great lol..)

Still not sleeping which is just par for the course both mentally and physically but taking dayat a time...

Sounds like everyone else going well- that's great!!!

Everyone is getting close now- exciting!!

Liv

HeartbrokenOur Beautiful AbigailBaby Girl 23/9/02 - 12/10/02 We will love you forever and a day!

Aiden (5) Baby Boy, Declan (4) Baby Boy, Logan (3) Baby Boy, Lizzie (1) Baby Girl

I love my Trio.. I need 1

Joined 27-Nov-07

Top Poster
31-Oct-08 10:22 am

Hi ladies

I am due a few weeks after all of you but I was just recently told that I was about 4.5cm dilated and 80% effaced!

YIKES!!!

Baby Boy 2005 OWP Baby Boy 2006 MKP Baby Girl 2008 ACP

BabyFruit Ticker

Susan

Joined 28-Nov-07

31-Oct-08 2:28 pm

Thinking Pink: Thats great news I am envious of you.Pass it my way will ya?

I to am excited to hold her to as much as I want her to come now, the day after Thanksgiving  is ideal as older kid's and school(babysitting ect...) would be far less complicated. My blood presure is still elevated so I guess I will be calling the Dr. Monday if it continues thru the weekend.I also renewed my water aerobics wich should reduce my blood pressure,anyways weight gain is still minimal. I will be starting the EPO Capsuls tonight so hopefully next week will show some progress.

Looking foward to hearing more from everyone!

Gidget

Joined 28-Jan-08

1-Nov-08 11:26 pm

Hi there everyone,

I'm 38 weeks and 3 days today and absolutely no sign of impending labour :(   I really do not want to go overdue on this babe as my first child was induced and I hated it !   2nd bub was caesar with not natural labouring.   What can I do to make sure but comes out on time ???  Any suggestions ?  What is the reasons a few of you are taking EPO ( is this evening prim oil?) ?

I am on weekly appoints - yes they are boring - no scans, normal BP, baby still high and NOT engaged Grouchy  - just a waiting game Doh!

Baby Boy 2002 Baby Boy 2004 Baby Girl due 14 Nov - I'm overdue!!

Nikki

Joined 25-Nov-07

5-Nov-08 7:39 pm

Hi there. I'm 38weeks + 5. I have had a few practice labours so far one last Fri, Sat and Wed. I am having some more Cx today. Not sure if she might come a little early or my uterus just needs a lot of toning as this is the 4th baby.....I have had all my boys at 41+ so this is kind of early for me.

I am doing EPO, sex, and when the Cx are on I try nipple stim and acupressure but nothing has kept it going so far so she musn't be quite cooked. I probably won't believe it when it is the real thing LOL.Confused

I am very excited and at the outside I guess I would have about 18 more sleeps and she should definately be here. I wake up in the morning and say to myself 'this would be a great day to have a baby'.Happy  LOL But baby knows best!Hmm

Meesy - EPO imitates prostaglandins so if you take it internally or squirt a capsule onto your cervix it helps to ripen and soften the cervix in prep for labour. Here is a website for natural induction methods. You can type in natural induction into your search engine and check out some sites to help your bub come along. GL

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/articles/birth/natural-induction-methods

GL everyone and I will keep in touch.Hearts

Susan

Joined 28-Nov-07

5-Nov-08 8:47 pm

Ok, Now we can't be friends!! The only progress I've made is BP back in the normal range, lower backpain  & contractions just not getting organized,I have progressed to 1cm dialation but unfortunately my cervix is still high HmmI guess I'll keep going withb the EPO as the baby's head is still floating and not helping the cervix out! I should have knowen she would be stubborn.

Hope all is well with everyone good luck at future appts,

Gidget

Nikki

Joined 25-Nov-07

12-Nov-08 5:05 pm

Well here I am at 39 weeks and 5days....2days till DDay. I swear I have been having prelabour for 2 weeks! My midwife keeps saying how efficient she will be at birth cause all the slow stuff has already happened. I hope that is the case. If this was my first baby I would have had 5 false starts already as it is I now have no idea if it is the real thing. I can't imagine another week and a half of this. All my boys were 41+1 or 2. I was so hoping she would come a little early or on time. Still got her due date to go.... I just have to remind myself that it I am blessed with another healthy pregnancy and she will come when she is cooked. I just want to meet her!Love Ya!

Still doing EPO, acupressure points, sex, walking ( if I can), reflexology, chiro....prayingPray

I'll keep you posted.I have to remind myself these are my last days of pregnancy ever!!!!!!! I hope everyone else is feeling well.Hearts

Joined 23-Jan-07

Top Poster
12-Nov-08 5:26 pm

Good luck, Nikki!!!  Hope you get to meet that baby girl in the next couple of days! 

Sometimes on the way to a dream, you get lost and find a better one.

Susan

Joined 28-Nov-07

12-Nov-08 5:28 pm

Nikki,

Congrats on making it to your due date with no complications,I have been taking the EPO nad water areobics.Last week went to the Dr. dialated to one head still floating won't engage, today little girl is letting us know she has a mind of her own!! So we are now transverse breech again he( the Dr.)  can't reach my cervix so I go to the hospital tomorrow to have them manually turn her head down. then we wait and see what happens if she turns transverse again the will do it all over again next week and the induce right away. I told my husband this uneventfull pregancy was to good to be true!! I am really hoping to avoid a C-Section!!

Ill post again tomorrow if any news otherwise I'll be lurking for another week! THe thing that sucks is I am having enough contractions that if she were head down I would probable be in labor or really close on my own!!

Gidget

Joined 28-Jan-08

13-Nov-08 2:04 pm

Hi all,

I'm still here !   40 weeks today Happy Smile  but nothing happenning YET ! Pray  Really really want bubby girl to arrive today Hearts

Had appoint on Wednesday - nothing new - baby low in pelvis but not fully engaged.  Still getting quite a bit of movement.  Lots of tigtenings /braxtons but nothing I can get excited about.

Please Please Please happen today .......

Baby Boy 2002 Baby Boy 2004 Baby Girl due 14 Nov - I'm overdue!!

Susan

Joined 28-Nov-07

13-Nov-08 6:08 pm

Messyxx,

Congrats on sucessfully making it to 40 weeks! I hope  you get your wish and she comes soon! I just got back from the hospital after having my uterus shoved up my throat while on my head! So enjoy the non eventfully last few days! Can't wait to hear all about your little one in the comming days! Hope labor and delivery go smooth!

Gidget

Nikki

Joined 25-Nov-07

14-Nov-08 7:39 pm

Congratulations Meesy.Hearts I hope you meet her soon.

I am 40 weeks today......where is she?????? I have gone over to 41+ with the boys so I guess she wants to be the same as her big brothersHappy Wink I feel less close today than I did a week ago.......

I'm glad you are home gidget. I take it they were able to turn bub back? I hope she stays there. 

PrayPraying everyone has a safe birth and we all get to meet our babies soon.Hearts

Page: of 3