Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

have a question..peppermint tea and progesterone...

Joined 25-Aug-08

Top Poster
22-Oct-08 4:15 pm

AF is pretty much here. 

I know we've talked in depth about the peppermint tea...but here is my question:

You take the tea to increase progesterone, right? So would it help to take it in the 2ww as well as before o? I stopped taking it 3dpo because it was messing with my temps. Could this have messed with my progesterone and caused me to NOT get pregnant. Should I take it from the end of AF to BFP (knock on wood)?  And then slowly decrease it after a BFP?

I guess my question is, Is it possible that when I stopped taking the peppermint tea abruptly, it messed up my progesterone and could have caused a fertilized egg NOT implant? And should I either NOT do peppermint tea at all, or keep taking it until either AF or BFP??

Baby Boy -14  Baby Boy -10  Baby Boy -7 Baby Girl -born April 11, 2010

Joined 25-Aug-08

Top Poster
22-Oct-08 8:54 pm

Okay, I found some info that is interesting. I know that the following info is about progesterone CREAM, but could peppermint tea give SOMEWHAT of the same result?

PROGESTERONE CREAM BENEFITS

Uses fat for energy, protects against fibrocystic breasts, natural diuretic, natural anti-depressant, facilitates thyroid, normalizes blood clotting, restores female sex drive, normalizes blood sugar levels, prevents endometrial and breast cancer.

PROGESTERONE CREAM PREVENTS PMS CRAMPS

Lower progesterone levels cause a rise in the production of prostaglandin production. Women with primary dysmenorrhea, or cramps, have 8 to 13 times more prostaglandins in their blood stream, than women who do not suffer cramps. Progesterone cream is essential to prevent painful PMS cramps.

PROGESTERONE CREAM & ANXIETY

When women are under stress the adrenal gland produces cortisol. Cortisol causes anxiety and increases stress levels. Progesterone is antagonistic to cortisol and counter-acts the negative effects of cortisol.

PROGESTERONE & OVULATION

Declining levels of progesterone signal the uterus to shed its endometrial lining. This results in a shortening of the menstrual cycle, resulting in anovulatory and irregular cycles, and early onset of peri-menopause. 

PROGESTERONE AND PREGNANCY

Progesterone transforms the lining of the uterus into the endometrium. Soft, spongy, rich in blood vessels and glandular tissue, the endometrium forms a perfect bed for the egg. Progesterone also relaxes the uterus to give the egg a better chance to implant itself into the endometrium.

PROGESTERONE & MISCARRIAGE

Progesterone is essential to insure implantation and to prevent rejection of the developing embryo. Without necessary levels of progesterone the endometrium cannot sustain and will naturally abort the embryo.

Most postinest poster

Joined 9-Jan-06

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

22-Oct-08 8:59 pm

you take peppermint tea to lower TESTOSTERONE not progesterone.  We do not know the effects it as on progesterone

ddddds
My IG Blog.................... 7 Sway Factors: Diet, pH, Minerals, Hormones,
Swaying E-book .............................Ions, Supplements and Timing
...........................................................They are all linked together
Other diets:

Joined 25-Aug-08

Top Poster
22-Oct-08 9:07 pm

Found this:   

The tea does not delay O, but helps to control temps.  According to Tamara, if you have lower than normal temps before o in a cycle this means your progesterone is low and your estrogen and testosterone is high (very common if you have all boys).  This indicates a boy cycle.  So you need to get peppermint tea and drink it 3 times a day to lower these 2 hormones and raise progesterone.  

?????

Serendipity

Joined 1-Nov-07

Top Poster
22-Oct-08 9:36 pm

So are how much are you going to drink, and when.

So, would this be something everyone should add to their sway (for TTC a girl) or are you using it for a particular reason?

Baby Girl 2003 Baby Boy 2005 Baby Boy 2008

Heartbroken2007 Heartbroken2010 

SadHeartbrokenBaby BoyD/C at 10 weeks (U/S showed heartbeat stopped before week 7) 5/5/10

Heart Due July 1, 2011PrayPrayHeartsHeart

Joined 30-Jan-08

Top Poster
22-Oct-08 10:15 pm

I second that im really interested in it as it is asy to get and im sure its really healthy too

Baby Bear BoyBaby Bear BoyHeartbrokenBaby Bear Boy

formerly deedee016

Joined 22-Jun-07

Top Poster
22-Oct-08 10:29 pm

peppermint tea can help balance testosterone and estrogen levels.  I haven't read anything that mentions progesterone. 

I know that there is a study, posted by Tamara, that found that higher preo temps were linked to girl conceptions and low pre-o temps were found to be mroe likely boy conceptions.  Perhaps, the poster youv'e quoted was suggesting that drinking the tea and reducing testosterone could affect temps in the way of higher temps? Not sure if  this is true - maybe?  Though we must be careful with the tea as it IS balancing...between estrogen and testosterone as I understand.  Neither hormones are desirable in higher amounts for ttc girl, kwim?

HeartsBaby Boy Baby BoyBaby Girl Hearts

Joined 30-Jan-08

Top Poster
23-Oct-08 6:39 am

how many cups of peppermint tea does anyone suggest to take?

Baby Bear BoyBaby Bear BoyHeartbrokenBaby Bear Boy

Joined 14-Sep-08

Top Poster
23-Oct-08 6:55 am

3 cups a day is what I was told!?!

Most postinest poster

Joined 9-Jan-06

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

23-Oct-08 8:32 am

claire2b:

3 cups a day is what I was told!?!

yup

ddddds
...........................................................They are all linked together
Other diets:

Joined 25-Aug-08

Top Poster
23-Oct-08 9:15 am

I drank three cups a day from end of AF to 3 dpo. I really think I could have had a fertilized egg this month, but it just didn't implant.  I have no idea if it was the peppermint tea that messed me up or not.

Double~Trouble drank it from end of AF to day before ovulation I believe. When she gets back I'm curious to see if she gets a BFP. If she does, I'm going to take the 3 cups a day only until ov, i think.....haven't decided yet.

Queen of my Castle

Joined 8-Jul-08

Top Poster
23-Oct-08 9:17 am

this is fascinating to me b/c i  have what I think are low pre-O temps....like, some 96s and low 97s......and i have 2 boys! 

2 questions:

Was this already answered? Should I drink the tea every day of the cycle or just pre-0 or post o?

And also, is is JUST peppermint? Or any mint tea....I have a tea that is a blend with peppermint and spearmint, I think. 

Thanks!

lucky mom to Baby Boy (5) Baby Boy (3) and Baby Boy (NEW! 12-02-09) 

Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion into clarity.... It turns problems into gifts, failures into success, the unexpected into perfect timing, and mistakes into important events. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow. -- Melodie Beattie

Most postinest poster

Joined 9-Jan-06

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

23-Oct-08 9:37 am

only peppermint

ddddds
Other diets:

Page: of 1