Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Need advice on sister holiday dresses.

Joined 12-Jul-07

Top Poster
26-Sep-08 2:20 pm

I'm trying to find dresses for my girls to wear.  They would wear them for Christmas.  But I also wanted to use them for my girls to wear to Isabelle's baby blessing (it's similar to a baby Christening).  Then I'm also doing sister pictures that I will send out on or with Isabelle's birth announcements.

The problem I'm having is deciding whether I should have the dresses match exactly or be different but still look good together.  An example are these dresses I found on ebay.  My first option would be to have each girl wear a different dress like these (but these aren't the only choices):

My second option is to have them all wear the same dress, but right now the pink one in the middle is the only one in all 3 of their sizes that I can find.  Oh and Isabelle will be wearing a white dress that I've used for all the girls for their baby blessings.  What do you think?

Mar 03 Baby Girl
Dec 04 Baby Girl
Aug 06 Baby Girl
Jan 09 Baby Girl
Due Jul 11 Baby Girl

Finally some blue...

Joined 2-Oct-07

Top Poster
26-Sep-08 2:35 pm

With my DD's I used to get them the same dress so they would match.  Now that they are older they do not want to match...fair enough.  So I try to match a color in both of their dresses.  I think using the pink as the matching color in their dresses is a good idea.  That way they each have their own dress, but they all match in a way.  How do they feel about matching?  Do they like to match each other for the holidays?  If they do not mind then I say go for the same dress, especially if you can find it in all 3 of their sizes.  That doesn't happen often and it's hard especially when you find one you really like too.

Angela 

Baby Girl 10 Baby Girl 8  Baby Boy Baby Boy 1

Most postinest poster

Joined 9-Jan-06

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

26-Sep-08 2:41 pm

one of the few things I love about have girls is making them wear the exact same thing

dddd ds
My IG Blog.................... 7 Sway Factors: Diet, pH, Minerals, Hormones,
Swaying E-book .............................Ions, Supplements and Timing
...........................................................They are all linked together
Other diets:

Jojo

Joined 1-Aug-06

Top Poster
26-Sep-08 2:51 pm

Maybe I'm silly but I like dressing all the kids the same.  So if I had 4 girls, I would do 4 of the same dress....LOL...I just love that!

I like the black and pink one!

Mom to 4 beautiful children and 3 angel babies Baby BoyBaby BoyBaby GirlBaby Boy
Heartbroken March 2011  Heartbroken June 2011 Heartbroken November 2011 lost our baby Baby Bear Boy at 18 weeksSad

Preggo again! Due 12-25-13

Most postinest poster

Joined 9-Jan-06

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

26-Sep-08 2:54 pm

I hate pink so I like the black and white one

dddd ds
My IG Blog.................... 7 Sway Factors: Diet, pH, Minerals, Hormones,
Swaying E-book .............................Ions, Supplements and Timing
...........................................................They are all linked together
Other diets:

Joined 12-Jul-07

Top Poster
26-Sep-08 3:42 pm

I actually love blue the most, but am not finding anything I love.  There's this store in our mall here that sells nothing but little girl dresses in sizes newborn to like 12 years old, so you can have little girls all matching for weddings and holidays and stuff.  But their dresses are like $20-$50 a piece and I've discovered the quality is crappy.  If anyone remembers my girls' Easter pictures with the white dresses with the pink bodices with the flowers all over them.  Anyways, there's a pic in my bio.  But the girls only got to wear them 2x and they were already falling apart because of the way the toil fabric is sewn to the regular fabric is horrible, they just barely step or pull on their dress and it rips.  But they have these gorgeous blue dresses there that I love, I've been trying to find something similar to them to use but haven't had any luck.  I've already done pink a few times and am getting sick of it.  I was also looking at these ones on ebay that are cream and burgundy that people have listed a lot of them were George brand, but the girls wouldn't have exact matching dresses just the same colors since that's all I can find.  I'm just worried to use cream with the white blessing dress Isabelle will be wearing in the pictures.     

Mar 03 Baby Girl
Dec 04 Baby Girl
Aug 06 Baby Girl
Jan 09 Baby Girl
Due Jul 11 Baby Girl

Joined 25-Nov-07

Top Poster
26-Sep-08 3:54 pm

Well my mom used to make me and my sister wear matching outfits (we were 18 months apart) and I hated it so I vowed that if I ever had 2 daughters I'd NEVER dress them alike like that....so I'd get them each their own separate dress that tie in nicely together. 

Heartbroken

Joined 7-Dec-07

Top Poster
26-Sep-08 4:00 pm

I think they would be adorable in matching dresses. You probably won't get to do it much longer so why not?

I like the one in the middle the best , the one on the end second.

I have terrible luck with the George brand it always falls apart.

Heartbroken More than I care to think about due to blood clotting disorder.

Baby Boy,Baby Boy

Baby BoyHeartbroken TBM failure . What a miserable experience!

And two Microsort failures . But at least we went to DIsneyland. Woo HooAngry

"For we pay a price for everything we get or take in this world, and although ambitions well worth having, they are not cheaply won."  Lucy Maud Montgomery

Lena

Joined 15-Jun-07

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

26-Sep-08 4:16 pm

I think matching is so cute!  I match my boys sometimes and I love it!  Have you thought about having dresses made for them?  A friend of mine is making dd's Christmas outfit (we are doing a swap).

Joined 30-Jun-07

Top Poster
26-Sep-08 4:19 pm

Okay, I'm going to say the opposite. I think that different but coordinating would look really cute with those dresses especially #1 and #2. I am a big fan of matching also but in this case I love how those dresses coordinate with each other and complement each other. Good luck those are pretty dresses either way.

Baby Bear Boy  2004

Baby Bear Boy  2006

Baby Bear Girl  2009

Thank you God and IG!

give me coffee and no one

Joined 4-Feb-07

Top Poster
27-Sep-08 7:19 pm

I like both matching and coordinating. i have done both. Lately i lean more toward the coordinating outfits with my boys. 

I like all three dresses

Joined 21-Jul-05

Forum Leader
27-Sep-08 8:21 pm
I like using the different dresses, but I don't think the 3rd coordinates as well as the first two becasue no pink on that one.  they're all adorable!
Mom to And Microsort/IUI twins!

Joined 16-Sep-07

Top Poster
30-Sep-08 3:37 pm

I love the last dress, but I would want them to dress the same.   So, I would go with whatever dress came in all their sizes.

Joined 5-Aug-08

30-Sep-08 4:02 pm

i think matching is nice, while you can still get away with it! i like really festive dresses for Xmas, but not sure if that would work for your blessing stuff....

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_gallery_7&listing_id=15740391

Or maybe...

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_gallery_1&listing_id=15636279

Baby Boy Hayden 05-06-05 Baby Boy Ryan 25-04-07

Make a pregnancy ticker

Joined 5-Aug-08

30-Sep-08 4:15 pm

you've got me dress shopping now...what about putting this on 2 of them 

http://www.gymboree.com/shop/dept_item.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524445976822&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374303981667&bmUID=1222809173611&productSizeSelected=0

this on the other one...

http://www.gymboree.com/shop/dept_item.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524445976844&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374303981667&bmUID=1222809173611&productSizeSelected=0

i thought those would be good since the littlest one will be in white...

Baby Boy Hayden 05-06-05 Baby Boy Ryan 25-04-07

Make a pregnancy ticker

Page: of 2