Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Going home outfit?

Joined 23-Jan-07

Top Poster
4-Sep-08 2:21 am

Do you know what you're going to put your baby in for going home from the hospital?  I'm obsessing about it.  I look at all the outfits I have already and am just not sure I have "the one" yet.  I'll probably end up going with a pink blanket sleeper with hearts all over it.  I'd really like to put her in something really special, though, since this is our last baby.  I'm just not sure.  Also, I'm taking a blanket to the hospital I think for her picture.  DS2, they put the hospital blanket (white with the pink and blue stripes) under him for the "background".  DS3, they had this hideous paper with blue, green and pink splotchy circles all over it.  So this time, I thought I'd bring my own background!  Who knows what they'll have this time. 

Anyway, back to the outfit.  Who's gonna have baby wear the cap they give?  I never have, and I think I'll put a headband/bow on her.  Also, I made the sweetest little bracelet I think I'll put on for a few minutes. 

Sometimes on the way to a dream, you get lost and find a better one.

Jojo

Joined 1-Aug-06

Top Poster
4-Sep-08 7:56 am

My dd had the cutest coming home outfit...LOL

It was a pink velour dress with roses on it.  On the cuffs and neckline, it has soft white puffy material.  It looked like snow sort of.  It had mitten shaped pockets on the side..  It came with matching panties and I put her in white tights.  She looked so cute.  Here is a pic....

Full-size image

Mom to 4 beautiful children and 3 angel babies Baby BoyBaby BoyBaby GirlBaby Boy
Heartbroken March 2011  Heartbroken June 2011 Heartbroken November 2011 lost our baby Baby Bear Boy at 18 weeksSad

Preggo again! Due 12-25-13

Jojo

Joined 1-Aug-06

Top Poster
4-Sep-08 7:57 am

And close up...

Full-size image

Mom to 4 beautiful children and 3 angel babies Baby BoyBaby BoyBaby GirlBaby Boy
Heartbroken March 2011  Heartbroken June 2011 Heartbroken November 2011 lost our baby Baby Bear Boy at 18 weeksSad

Joined 23-Jan-07

Top Poster
4-Sep-08 10:19 am

That's a really cute one, Jojo!  I can't wait to put tights on baby girl!  I guess as it gets closer to winter, I'll have to see what the stores come out with.  It's not terribly cold here in Nov/Dec, but it's like a cold fall.  DS1 & 2 were born in Jan, and they wore onsies with a light blanket home.  I think it was in the 80s.  Thanks for the idea! 

Jojo

Joined 1-Aug-06

Top Poster
4-Sep-08 11:01 am

I had a hard time with finding the "perfect one" for me too.  When I saw that at Burlington, I just knew it was it.  I wanted a girly dress but nothing scratchy in material.  I wanted a soft dress and velour is very soft.  I knew I wanted to put a headband with bow on her too so I did that.  But it was all covered up because it was February so she had a snowsuit on...LOL...but when she got home we took pics and then I dressed her back in her sleep n play outfit.  I really just did the girly dress because I knew they would take her first pic in the hosptial on the way out...which they did, so I was glad I had her all dolled up for her first pic.

I also did this with my boy too...so it isn't a boy/girl thing.  My first son was in sailor outfit...shorts type since it was late June.  My other son was born in april and so he wore a very adorable blue and white jumper.  I just love the coming home outfit!

Joined 12-Jul-07

Top Poster
4-Sep-08 11:57 am

LOL!  You are too funny!  I don't really fuss about what they wear home.  And I think it's even funnier that you are planning to bring your own background for hospital pictures.  When my DD's all came home I just wanted them to be comfortable.  So I put them in the outfit that's the softest and easiest to put on and the best for the weather. And for the hospital pictures DD1 didn't get any, since they had lost their old photographer and hadn't hired a new one yet, when she was born.  Then none of the pictures we took of her at the hospital or the first few days home developed good, they are all blurry.  So the only good ones we have are the ones my parents took.  With DD2 and DD3 the hospital pictures had some kind of white with pokadot background and had them wrapped up in those ugly hospital receiving blankets, but no hats in the pictures they always combed their hair and put a stick on bow in.  DH wouldn't remember to ask them to do something special with the background or anything so I'm not even gonna worry about it.  That's why we do special pictures at a photo place to send out for birth announcements.  I'm always mad that I don't get to be there for the first bath and pictures and all that, instead I have to be wheeled off to the recovery room where I have to lay in the dark and try to sleep (yeah right).  Who can sleep with all the adrenaline in their body from just having a baby?   

Mar 03 Baby Girl
Dec 04 Baby Girl
Aug 06 Baby Girl
Jan 09 Baby Girl
Due Jul 11 Baby Girl

Jojo

Joined 1-Aug-06

Top Poster
4-Sep-08 12:03 pm

Oh, I am just the opposite Em.  The coming home day is like Christmas in my book.  I have to do it all up.  Like if everything isn't perfect I'll bite dh's head off.  I have the coming home day all in my head planned out to a T.  And dh better be buying the baby and me some gifts (which he always does)  When we step foot in the door way I just always get weepy as I know I will be introducing our new child to his/her new home.  I give the baby the "tour"....LOL...as if they really understand what the heck I'm doing..haha...and I just have such a feeling of happiness that day.  We of course take tons of pictures...and then sometime after a few hours pass, I start getting more into our daily family routine.  But I am on a high that whole day.  Amazing!

Of course my family in general is VERY BIG on the coming home day and especially the outfit.  It's like the first thing people ask me about....LOL

Joined 12-Jul-07

Top Poster
4-Sep-08 12:52 pm

That sounds exciting jojo!  Wish my coming home day was like that.  The morning that we were to bring DD3 home, DH forgot to turn his cell phone on.  And he decided to take the other two girls to do a service project for someone in the neighborhood.  I was so pissed.  I couldn't get ahold of him for hours and hours.  I could've gone home at like 10 AM and he didn't come get us until 1 PM.  I had told him the night before that my doctor said he would release us in the morning.  I was furious!  Mad Furious  Needless to say I was just glad to get to finally get home.  And I know a few family members stopped by but all I wanted to do was sleep and take care of my new baby.  I don't think DH gets it at all.  He rarely if ever even buys me flowers for that day, let alone a present.  And if the next day is a work day he usually goes back to work and leaves me all alone.  He really isn't such a jerk, I just don't think he gets it.  That's probably what his dad did to his mom, so he thinks it's the way it's done.  When I'm pregnant and I complain about stuff he thinks I'm just being lazy or something.  He must not realize what hard work it is to be pregnant or give birth or have a newborn and I don't know how to smack it into his brain.  I told him this time he is not going back to work for a few days after I have the baby.  And I think I'm even gonna make a big deal about the coming home day too!   

Mar 03 Baby Girl
Dec 04 Baby Girl
Aug 06 Baby Girl
Jan 09 Baby Girl
Due Jul 11 Baby Girl

Joined 23-Jan-07

Top Poster
4-Sep-08 3:40 pm

mommyem:
And I think it's even funnier that you are planning to bring your own background for hospital pictures. 

I know, it's crazy, but I think I'm really ridiculous about it because I didn't get hospital pictures with DS1--the hospital I had him at, I had to ASK for them to come take his pic, they didn't just come around, so I missed out for him.  And, this is definately our last so somehow, I feel like everything has to be "just right". 

Jojo

Joined 1-Aug-06

Top Poster
4-Sep-08 3:41 pm

mommyem:
And I think I'm even gonna make a big deal about the coming home day too!

Absolutely!  Make it a HUGE event.  Can't get it back once it's over.  Really make it a big "to do".  Really get the girls involved and excited too.  When I was 10 my mom had my little brother and I remember how exciting it was on coming home day.  I made a big sign for them and was so thrilled to meet my new sibling.  I always loved babies so it was really magical.  I get all giddy thinking of how exciting this is going to be for the kids.  Nothing like it in the world.  Better than Christmas IMO....

Joined 4-Jun-08

Top Poster
26-Sep-08 10:22 am

Absolutely buy the baby a nice outfit and I brought a blanket from home for the background for all three of my boys. It really personalizes the picture in my opinion. I used a different blanket and outfit for each of my boys-and I have saved it just for them-no one else used it only them while they were a baby. Anyway, just wanted to say I agree with you. Good luck and safe delivery to all

Baby Boy Baby Boy Baby Boy

Baby Girl 

Joined 14-Jul-08

Top Poster
26-Sep-08 10:28 am

jojo, that is an adorable outfit!  I'm not sure what to do yet.  I guess if I see a comfy dress that would be nice.  Are tights hard to get on a newborn LOL?  I think I bought some leggings but not tights yet.  I also got a pink hat to use for the hospital.

Baby Boy 5 Baby Boy 2 Baby Girl 1

Joined 15-May-08

29-Sep-08 7:30 am

nothing as exciting as you girls are talking about to put bubs in to bring home here just a plain blue jumpsuit.

Baby Boy 12 Baby Boy 11 Baby Boy 5 Baby Boy 3 Baby Boy 1 Baby Boy 1/3

Joined 23-Jan-07

Top Poster
28-Oct-08 2:09 am

I finally found one a couple weeks ago with my mom.  Crochet hat too!  I'll have to find some time to take a pic of it.  So cute.  And, yes, I have the blanket for the picture picked out too!!!  I CAN'T WAIT!!!  6 wks is going to feel like an eternity! 

Joined 28-Jan-08

29-Oct-08 9:13 pm

Sounds great - can't wait to see the pics Happy Smile

Baby Boy 2002 Baby Boy 2004 Baby Girl due 14 Nov - I'm overdue!!
Page: of 2