Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

How to use an instead cup or diva cup (or moon cup)

Most postinest poster

Joined 9-Jan-06

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

27-Aug-08 5:24 pm

I thought I had this as a sticky once but it is long lost.  So here it is again..how to insert a cup without spilling:

For the instead cup:

1. Open instead cup
  2. Make sure to push the bottom all the way down
  3. Place sample in the bottom
  4. Carefully pick up instead cup and pinch it like a taco (see pic below) making sure that the bottom hangs low so as not to spill.
  5. Put one foot up on the toilet 
  6. With your other hand hold open your vj with your finger so you make your entrance bigger
  7. Place 1/4 of cup in vj and STOP
  8. Carefully with that other hand try to make your vj bigger
  9. Tilt the cup just slightly back (not so much) and only push a little then stop.
  10. With your hand still holding open vj push cup in just enough so you can let go of the taco so it will open up.  This will mean 1/2 the instead cup will be open outside your vj.  This is ok because the sample will now slosh forward into the vj
  11. Slowly while watching the cup and holding open vj, push cup in making sure nothing leaks out.. be very slow.  You may have to tilt it slightly
  12. Once cup is in make sure it is sitting behind pubic bone

Instead cup taco:

***If you live in AU they do not sell instead cups.  But  you need it for ttc a boy so you can contact the softcup company and they will mail 2 to you for free.  These are reusable if you wash them in hot soapy water.

How to use a Diva cup (or moon cup if you live outside the US) without spilling

1. Open up diva cup
  2. Place sample in bottom of cup
  3. Push on the top middle of the cup and bring the sides in together making something that looks like a letter c (keep upright!  see pic below)
  4. With one leg on the toilet take your other hand and open up vj wide.
  5. Push C shaped diva cup strait into vj
  6. Once you are about 1/2 way or even less allow cup to open.. this may mean 1/2 the cup will still be sticking out.
  7. push cup in rest of the way then twist to make sure it is open fully

Diva cup C shape"

Picture of all cups:

ddddds
My IG Blog.................... 7 Sway Factors: Diet, pH, Minerals, Hormones,
Swaying E-book .............................Ions, Supplements and Timing
...........................................................They are all linked together
Other diets:

Joined 3-Sep-08

Top Poster
6-Sep-08 4:11 pm

Can I just add that practice makes perfect. Happy LMAO When TTC #2 I practiced with water before using the real thing.

~ Diva Cup user.

Joined 29-Aug-08

Top Poster
26-Nov-08 2:29 pm

How big does your V have to be to put in the Diva cup?

How long do you keep it in before taking it out (can you sleep with it all night in place?) 

How do you get it out again?

Most postinest poster

Joined 9-Jan-06

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

26-Nov-08 2:55 pm

How big does your V have to be to put in the Diva cup?

Big enough to fit it in

How long do you keep it in before taking it out (can you sleep with it all night in place?) 

for ttc a girl you take it out ever 30 minutes to check pH then after 4 hours to remove it and put in a lime tampon

How do you get it out again?

You pinch it and turn it while pulling

ddddds
...........................................................They are all linked together
Other diets:

Joined 12-Nov-08

Top Poster
26-Nov-08 5:54 pm

Lime tampon???

Do you use this cup even after you um....I still have not figured out all of you guy's abbreviations yet....but you STILL use the cup after you do the "deed"???

Most postinest poster

Joined 9-Jan-06

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

26-Nov-08 7:34 pm

after 4 hours you take out the cup and leave it out and put in the lime douche tampon.. this is for ttc a girl

ddddds
Other diets:

Page: of 1