Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Bras and panties!

Joined 10-Aug-08

18-Aug-08 12:59 pm
I'm a first timer and just made my first maternity purchase! I stocked up on maternity panties in cute prints and are hoping they'll be a LOT more comfy than my regular ones that are rinding up in strange ways... Anyway, I'm due for new bras too, and seem to only size well in the more expensive ones (small rib cage), so I was wondering how often I should expect to change size? Anybody know how many "batches" they went thru? I'm at the very end of my first tri, beginning my 2nd, and am now ready for a new cup size. The ones I buy in my 3rd should also be nursing bras, right? I'm guessing it's too early to buy those now... Anyone else cruising maternity shops yet? I'm holding out for the weather to cool, and for me to grow a bit, before buying the jeans...

Baby Boy Step-son, Jacob, 7/26/00 

Baby Boy My First!, Wes, 2/20/09

Baby Girl Due 9/20/10

Jess

Joined 25-Oct-07

Top Poster
18-Aug-08 2:21 pm

Congratulations, Lily on your little miracle and welcome!!! And as far as the bra thing goes I think it's different for every women. I didn't get my biggest with my 2DS until the end of my second tri beginning of my third. With this one though I had to move up a size way early but thankfully after having a couple of pg's under my belt I have some various sizes in my bra drawer Happy  LOL. If you're able to afford it, I'd say get a size up now in a quality bra or two (and expect that small rib cage to expand just a bit) and wait until you find you need a bigger size before buying more. I've heard Motherhood Maternity has some great looking, comfy pg bras, but they can tend to be expensive so...it depends on the buyer. I've only bought their panties which I love so sorry I can't be more help in this department. Either way enjoy your pregnancy and journey to motherhood!!

Heartbroken05 Heartbroken05 HeartbrokenTwin from this pg 08 Baby Boy 04 Baby Boy 06 Baby Girl Due 2/2/09 Avigail Joi

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker http://www.theraderfamily.blogspot.com  www.marykay.com/jrader

Joined 21-Mar-08

18-Aug-08 3:18 pm

I use to fit bras and prosthesis so here's my advice:

Buy one Black and one nude in your second trimester, in a microfiber or stretchy fabric so if you grow or swell they can accommodate.  Then if you grow out of them in your last trimester buy a nursing bra or two, just make sure there's is room to grow because once your milk comes in you'll go up a size and then taper off again once your supply is set.  Don't buy alot of bra's at one time because you want to wear them and make sure they work before investing any more$$.

As for fit....make sure that a wire completely surrounds the breast tissue and doesn't rest on any, and see if you can get the center to lie flat against your rib cage (hard if you are very full breasted), but your bra shouldn't be standing away from your body or riding up your back.

Personally~ I'm 33 weeks and popping out of my 36D's (I started out at a 36B) so I just ordered a 36DD and a 36D nursing bras.  Last two times I nursed I was a 36D for the first 6months until solids started then could do a 36D or C depending on style.

Good luck!

Baby Boy 2000 Baby Girl 2002 Baby Girl 10/2008

Joined 10-Aug-08

18-Aug-08 3:22 pm
Thanks! I have no problem investing in some bras but I'd be really annoyed to buy now, get a growth spurt, and then need more in a month! I like to get the dark and nuetral for sure, and also some strapless so hopefully these will get some use before they get traded in for the next batch! What is different between maternity and regular bras? Obviously nursing bras are different, but I've always been a sucker for underwire and cute colors so was planning to buy regular. Is this a bad idea?? I got my panties at Motherhood Maternity and have never been more excited about regular cotton panties! :)

Baby Boy Step-son, Jacob, 7/26/00 

Baby Boy My First!, Wes, 2/20/09

Baby Girl Due 9/20/10

Joined 21-Mar-08

18-Aug-08 3:30 pm

Maternity stores will sell you maternity bras that cost more $$.  I bought Wacoal and Felina and went for the Felina push up that was a little big but filled it out fast enough...the beauty of a push up is that falling out of it adds to the thrill!!  And please, this is probably the last time I'm going to be a D so I'm flaunting them....DH is thrilled that I flash him daily.

I also wore my preggo bras at the end or nursing before I weaned completely, you don't need to be hooking and unhooking al the time and if you have a night out you can wear the fancy ones then.

As for maternity panties....I avoid them at all costs.  I'm a panty puristStick out tongue.  Small under the belly just buy the next size up, I do have girlfriends who loved their maternity panties.....I just couldn't go there.

Baby Boy 2000 Baby Girl 2002 Baby Girl 10/2008

Here we(may) go again!!

Joined 15-Apr-08

Top Poster
18-Aug-08 3:57 pm

Congrats on your preg, Lily!1

On the bra thing, I have used shop own brands in my previous pregnancies.  This time, I saw an on-line ad for Bravado Bras.  They seemed to be really recommended by mums who had used them.  Full of scepticism, I ordered two, one white and one black.

I was a 34B to start with and quickly became a 34C, so I ordered their size S+.  I was wearing a new store one initially and my boobs were really painful, which I put down to early preg.

Then the Bravado ones arrived, WOW!!!!  These bras surpass for me all the reviews.  The sore boobs were tolerable at the end of the first day of wearing them.  The underband is over an inch thick and really good quality so doesn't fold and catch my skin, even after wearing the same one for a week without a wash ( couldn't find the other one, and didn't want to risk sore BB's) I have been wearing the bras for 6 weeks now and wouldn't buy any other type, just wish I'd found them earlier.

Have a look at their website, they are really reasonably priced, and seem to sell second-hand on E-Bay too!  So you'll always be able to get rid of the first one or two you buy when you're too big, or keep them for No.2!!

Good Luck

Baby Girl10 Baby Girl 8 Baby Girl 6 Baby Girl 03/02/09

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Page: of 1