Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Questions for those moms with a 3+ to 1 gender ratio.

Joined 12-Jul-07

Top Poster
5-Aug-08 12:17 pm

I know I've asked these types of questions before, but it's been a while and it's pressing on my mind again.  This is for moms with 3+ girls and 1 boy or 3+ boys and 1 girl.

So...
Are you still planning on trying to have another of the lone gender?
Do you think it's a big deal for that child not to have a brother/sister to grow up with?
If you only have one girl is she, or do you think she will be, more of a tomboy?
And if you only have one boy is he, or do you think he will be, kind of girlie? 
If your lone gendered child is older how do they feel about not having a brother/sister and being the only one?
Do you think that child has a better mother/daughter or father/son relationship then they would if they had a same gendered sibling because of their desire to bond with the same gender?
Does that child play with their siblings well, or are they always alone?
Does that child have a lot of same gendered cousins or friends they play with?
Do the other siblings feel like that child is favored or treated special because they are the only boy/girl?
Do you like the way your family makeup is?
Do people comment a lot on your family gender ratio, if yes are the comments good or bad?

If you can think of anything else you would like to add please do.  And thanks for taking the time!

Mar 03 Baby Girl
Dec 04 Baby Girl
Aug 06 Baby Girl
Jan 09 Baby Girl
Due Jul 11 Baby Girl

Joined 22-Apr-06

Top Poster
5-Aug-08 1:41 pm

mommyem"]Are you still planning on trying to have another of the lone gender?
[/quote]

Nope!

[quote user="mommyem"]Do you think it's a big deal for that child not to have a brother/sister to grow up with?
[/quote]

Not at all. Think of all the pigeon pair families (like mine)...I am perfectly happy not having a sister and I wouldn't trade my brother for anything in the world.

[quote user="mommyem"]If you only have one girl is she, or do you think she will be, more of a tomboy?
[/quote]

I'm not sure...my mom is VERY girly and I'm just not. I think it more depends on the kid's personality.

[quote user="mommyem"]And if you only have one boy is he, or do you think he will be, kind of girlie? 
[/quote]

My cousin has 2 girls and 1 boy and he is the most boyish boy I have ever met. My uncle is the only boy with 2 sisters, as well, and he is not at all girly.

[quote user="mommyem"]If your lone gendered child is older how do they feel about not having a brother/sister and being the only one?
[/quote]

I asked my uncle, and he said that sometimes when he was little he wished he had a brother, but that the feeling kind of went away as he got older and he was never really bothered by it. He said "it was kind of like wishing I had a pony or a superhero best friend. I It sounded cool at the time, but I didn't really need it."

[quote user="mommyem"]Does that child play with their siblings well, or are they always alone?
[/quote]

In my case, the boys never leave her alone. My cousin's kids all play well together.

[quote user="mommyem"]Does that child have a lot of same gendered cousins or friends they play with?
[/quote]

All of our kids play together, regardless of gender. I can't think of a time when just the girls played or just the boys played, kwim?

[quote user="mommyem"]Do the other siblings feel like that child is favored or treated special because they are the only boy/girl?[/quote]

I don't think so. I mean, everyone was excited that dd was a girl, but she doesn't get favored more than a boy would have.

[quote user="mommyem"]Do you like the way your family makeup is?
[/quote]

I love it. Wouldn't have it any other way.

[quote user="mommyem:

Do people comment a lot on your family gender ratio, if yes are the comments good or bad?

Yep. So far that's been the only downside...the stupid comments people make. But they would've been there had dd been another boy, so I guess there's no escaping it.

Joined 23-Jan-07

Top Poster
5-Aug-08 2:56 pm

Are you still planning on trying to have another of the lone gender?  No
Do you think it's a big deal for that child not to have a brother/sister to grow up with?  No, she will have her brothers
If you only have one girl is she, or do you think she will be, more of a tomboy?  Hope not, but no biggie if she is
If your lone gendered child is older how do they feel about not having a brother/sister and being the only one? 
Do you think that child has a better mother/daughter or father/son relationship then they would if they had a same gendered sibling because of their desire to bond with the same gender? 
Does that child have a lot of same gendered cousins or friends they play with?  We only have one other kid in the family, a girl, 2 years older than our baby girl will be....so I think they can be close
Do the other siblings feel like that child is favored or treated special because they are the only boy/girl?
Do you like the way your family makeup is?  When I thought about my family many years ago, I would have liked a boy/girl.  But, I LOVE the way our family has worked out.  Don't know what I would do without any of my babies!!! 
Do people comment a lot on your family gender ratio, if yes are the comments good or bad?  Personally, I think everyone in my life will be very happy that we finally got our little girl. I don't know anyone who would have bad comments about have 3 boys and only 1 girl.  I'm sure most will be glad we've stopped having kids after this one! 

I was an only child (half sisters, but didn't grow up with them).  I did just fine playing by myself....so if the boys don't play with DD, I'm sure she'll find her own things to do.  I have a friend who has a 12 yr old DD, then 3 boys (6 yr old twins) then a 3 yr old DD.  I know the 3 yr old plays just fine with her 6 yr old brothers and in fact, even the older kids play with her all the time.  I think DS3 will play with DD because the older boys tend to play with each other (video games and stuff DS3 just can't do).  I can't feel bad not giving DD a sibling (good chance it'd be a boy anyway) because if we didn't have her, DS3 would be in the same position.  I can't feel bad not giving him a brother.  My mom had 4 brothers, she was the only girl and she never wanted a sister.  I think boys can play with girls, it's what you make of it.  You can't just keep having kids for your kids.

Sometimes on the way to a dream, you get lost and find a better one.

#6 It's a boy!

Joined 25-Sep-07

Top Poster
5-Aug-08 3:33 pm

mommyem:

Are you still planning on trying to have another of the lone gender? YES

Do you think it's a big deal for that child not to have a brother/sister to grow up with? Oh! YES, he told me that he wants a little brother. Many...many times.  He really only has the girls to play with.

If you only have one girl is she, or do you think she will be, more of a tomboy?

I have 2 girls and they love to play hard like the boys that's dd2 and dd3.

Emily my boy screams like a girl. Its funny when he does it but its scary.Tongue Tied

If your lone gendered child is older how do they feel about not having a brother/sister and being the only one? Thank God my son is not the oldest. My son is split in the middle like a sandwich. Stick out tongue

I think he will have a better relationship towards his sisters. Im going to tell you why. I have a neighboor single mother of 4. she has 2 boys and 2 girls. The boys are in the middle ( 1year apart) and they get along great they play together very well and they get along with big sister and they like to take care of their baby sister. But their mother treats them all the same.  

We bond with the kids ALL the same NO favorites for me.

Well we get the typical brother/sister pick on each other and fight.

Does that child have a lot of same gendered cousins or friends they play with?

Unfortunally, we moved out of LA county and he doesn't get to see his cousins. There is more girls than boys on my family Im taking about 2nd cousin. My sisters have NO children. Dh step-brother had 5 boys but they live in LA. But its rare when we see them we try to avoid seeing them to avoid problems.

NO, all my children are treated the same.

Do you like the way your family makeup is?

To be honest YES and NO. But I do believe that ds should have a brother rather than having his father to play with all the time. Its just not the same. DS has told me so many times.

No negative comments.

Baby Girl17 Baby Girl16 Baby Boy13 Baby Girl7 Baby Girl2 #6 Baby Boy Due October 21st. No swaying. Thank God!  BabyFetus Ticker
Page: of 1