Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

ok so heres the scoop-of course it involves poo!

Joined 16-Mar-07

Top Poster
5-Aug-08 8:01 am

i dont really know what was wrong with me.  sunday i woke up and i had horrible stomach cramps.  i began vomitting and having diarrhea.  the pain was bad so i went to the doc in the box as soon as i could. they gave me a couple shots and sent me home.  a few hours later i woke up and it was worse.  i went to the er thinking i had food poisoning.  they gave me a couple shots and sent me home.  i was fine till thursday morn at 1.  i woke up to the same thing.  i went to the er.  they gave me some shots and told me i needed to have some u/s sounds done, but they sent me home.  i was almost immediately sick again.  i went to a gi doc who said it could be parasite, bacteria, or a virus.  he wrote me another round of prescriptions.  i went home.  i started to feel sick again and took a phenegrine suppository and a pill that said belladonna/phenobarbitol.  the gi doc had prescribed it for the stomach cramps. 

about 45 minutes later i was puking really violently and pooing liquid.  i literally crawled off the toilet and my mom had to help me pull my pants up.  i couldnt talk or move.  i had to be picked up and carried to the er.  they admitted me. they gave me fluids and monitored me for 3 days. they discovered that i also had stuff coming out of my hoo-ha.  they think that was becasue the stomach cramps caused me to expel whatever was left in my uterus.  he said he believes it was virul, but its odd no one else got it and its odd it got better for a couple days.  if it starts again i am supposed to come back.  as if its easy to find sitters and cancel work. yes, this was my first week back and i had to cancel 3 days of it.  

oh well.  i think im better now.  thank you all for thoughts and well wishes!  i love you guys! 

Baby BoyBaby BoyBaby GirlBaby Boy

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Joined 11-Feb-08

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

5-Aug-08 8:23 am

Oh wow that is crazy and you sounded so miserable!  I am glad to hear that you are okay and that you feel better!!   

Off discovering the delig

Joined 16-Mar-08

Top Poster
5-Aug-08 8:28 am

It's a pooper scooper!  (do graduates of the KatesDreamGirl School of Puns get diplomas??!) Geeked

Sorry to hear you were so poorly..we've all been terribly worried about you! Glad to know that you're feeling better and that you're on the mend.

Thank you for the detailed  description..put me right off my sandwich tho' Happy ROFL

Sending you extra strong Brangelina flavoured French hugs (so strong they give you twins..)

AliceHearts 

Joined 16-Mar-07

Top Poster
5-Aug-08 8:32 am

alice17:
It's a pooper scooper!  (do graduates of the KatesDreamGirl School of Puns get diplomas??!) Geeked

Happy ROFL  ABSOLUTELY!!!!

Baby BoyBaby BoyBaby GirlBaby Boy

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Miss Cooch if you're nast

Joined 22-Apr-06

Top Poster
5-Aug-08 8:34 am

Can you really use "scoop" and "poo" in the same sentence?  There's gotta be something wrong with that...

I had something (unfortunately) extremely similar to that on my 26th birthday... the vomiting/diarrhea was so severe and violent that I became instantly dehydrated, had convulsions on the bathroom floor, passed out, came to, and lay there until I could make enough noise for Bill to hear me over the TV to come carry me to the er.  It was loads of birthday fun!!!  They, too, said it was viral - and no one else got it.  Strange.  I was sick for a week.

Glad to hear you are on the mend.  I hope you feel better and better every single day!  No more poopy days for Kate!!

Lena

Joined 15-Jun-07

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

5-Aug-08 8:37 am

Gosh, that sounds awful!!  I hope you are all better now and that whatever it was that made you sick doesn't come back!

Jojo

Joined 1-Aug-06

Top Poster
5-Aug-08 8:45 am

That's crazy!  Last March my whole house had something similar but it only lasted 2 days.  It was so bad my dh wanted me to call the ambulance for him which I did and they gave him phenegan too.  What we had was more like Rotavirus or Norovirus or something.  How long did this last overall?  It seems like it was a while.  Glad you are feeling better now.  I am praying it doesn't return for you. 

Mom to 4 beautiful children and 3 angel babies Baby BoyBaby BoyBaby GirlBaby Boy
Heartbroken March 2011  Heartbroken June 2011 Heartbroken November 2011 lost our baby Baby Bear Boy at 18 weeksSad

Preggo again! Due 12-25-13

Joined 21-Jul-05

Forum Leader
5-Aug-08 8:58 am

That sounds aawful -- and worse becasue they could never tell you what was wrong.  Sorry it messed up your first week back at work, and hope you have seen the last of it!   We hav emissed you but don't feel like you need to post if you aren't up to it! 

Mom to And Microsort/IUI twins!

Joined 20-Oct-05

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

5-Aug-08 9:06 am

That sounds horrible!!  Did they do any tests of your stool?  My  mom was that ill and hospitalized for a week when she had salmonella (sp?) posioning.  I'm surprised they didn't test you for a lot of possibilities.  Surely they could have figured out what the cause was.  I hope that you continue to feel better quickly.

Lora

Joined 22-Apr-06

Top Poster
5-Aug-08 9:38 am

I'm so sorry you were so sick. That sounds terrible! But I'm glad you're feeling better and I hope that it was just a virus and will be all done now.

always tired..never bored

Joined 10-Dec-06

Top Poster
5-Aug-08 10:25 am

OMG that all sounds terrible.  I'm praying it stays away.  I had a feeling your illness probably had something to do with poo...you poor girl.  Heal up!

Baby Boy~Baby Boy~Baby Girl        ~BLESSED~

Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were big things.   -- Robert Brault

"We either make ourselves miserable,
  or we make ourselves strong. 
    The amount of work is the same."
                                        ~Carlos Castaneda

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

Au 79

Joined 25-Sep-06

Top Poster
5-Aug-08 10:42 am

oh lordy!!! well that doesnt sound very fun at all!!!! Sad im so sorry you were so sick! and coming out of both ends is the worst!!! i can only imagine!! thank goodness you are better... i hope whatever this was doesnt come back!!! please keep feeing better Hearts

RQ~ 8, err... i mean 32 Baby Bear Boy,Baby Bear Girl,Baby Bear Boy: you'd better recognize!

http://www.ingender.com/cs/forums/p/7093/54561.aspx#54561 here is the link to my TBM success story for #2! I went on to do the same for #3 and added ions/diet/low sodium/etc... #3 is my beautiful baby boy! does swaying actually sway???

hoping for BFPs for all my IG girls!..... lets see those second lines!!!

Bump it B!tches! you know you want to!

a friend will help you move. a good friend will help you move a body.~ anon

If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning. -Catherine-

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies. (Unknown)

Joined 28-Jun-07

Top Poster
5-Aug-08 11:22 am

You poor thing!  I"m so glad that you are feeling better!

Baby Bear Boy -7/03   Baby Bear Boy- 4/06    Heartbroken Too many to count  And my surprise  Baby Bear Boy 3/11

[/url]Make%20a%20pregnancy%20ticker" alt="" width="" align="" border="" height="" hspace="" />

Joined 25-Apr-06

Top Poster
5-Aug-08 11:41 am

Hmmm...we had a scare of a parasite called chrypto (sp?) being a contaminate in the city of phoenix pools a couple of weeks ago.  The symptoms you describe match it perfectly...it can cause severe diahrea that can clear up for a few days (making you think it has gone away) to only reappear again--it can last 2-3 weeks.  I would ask the doctors if they can or have tested your stool for chrypto.

All I Want For Christmas is:

My IG Account Deleted!!!

Joined 25-Aug-06

Top Poster
5-Aug-08 12:50 pm

Whoa, now you must officially have the worst post-pardum recovery period EVER documented.  Let's hope this is the last of it.  Healing peace to you.

Baby Boy 9 years Baby Boy 6 years Baby Girl almost 2

Page: of 2