Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

My Baby NURSED!!!!

My Sugar Plum Fairies

Joined 4-May-07

Top Poster
30-Jul-08 4:48 pm

OMG OMG OMG  I have one DD (Vivian) who nurses like a champ since her first week and my other (Georgia) had only nursed once in 10 weeks.  Other times she'd get EBM.  A few times a week I would get the SNS and a shield all rigged up and she'd get maybe an ounce.  It was a huge pain and I was just about ready to throw in the towel and accept that she would never be a nurser.  Then last night I nursed Vivian and DH was holding Georgia next to me on the couch.  He said I should nurse her now too and I snorted yeah right.  I took her just to humor him and put her to breast without the shield.  She latched right on, got let down and nursed for 15 mins.  HOLY CRAP!!!  I was so happy I was a soggy mess of tears.  It's been a long road with the breast pump, supplements etc.  An hour later I tried again and she nursed again!  She wasn't so hot later in the evening during her colic period but that's okay.  I'm just so thrilled and DH has the smuggest look on his face.  Happy  LOL

ready4pink

Baby Boy DS 13 yrs Baby Boy DS 10 yrs

Baby Girl Baby Girl IVF/PGD/MS OHW Twins born May 2008

Scrubs

Joined 10-Jan-08

Top Poster
30-Jul-08 4:50 pm

Good job!

HIS Baby Boy JANUARY 2001 MINE Baby Boy MARCH 2005 OURS! Baby Boy July 31 2008

Joined 22-Apr-06

Top Poster
30-Jul-08 4:52 pm

That's WONDERFUL!!!!! I hope she keeps on this way...life will be so much easier for you.

Joined 17-Jul-07

Top Poster
30-Jul-08 4:52 pm

Yay!  I think it's a rumor that babies won't breastfeed if they've been given a bottle for a while . . . I think if you're persistent a baby will take it up and actually prefer it.  Maybe she'll take her sister as an example, and start nursing now!

Baby Boy 04 Baby Boy 06 Baby Girl IVF/MS/PGD 08 Baby Boy 13 

Au 79

Joined 25-Sep-06

Top Poster
30-Jul-08 4:58 pm

OMG!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! i am SO EXCITED for you!! i know that exact feeling!!! hooray!!! im so glad you stuck it out!!! way to go mama!!!

RQ~ 8, err... i mean 32 Baby Bear Boy,Baby Bear Girl,Baby Bear Boy: you'd better recognize!

http://www.ingender.com/cs/forums/p/7093/54561.aspx#54561 here is the link to my TBM success story for #2! I went on to do the same for #3 and added ions/diet/low sodium/etc... #3 is my beautiful baby boy! does swaying actually sway???

hoping for BFPs for all my IG girls!..... lets see those second lines!!!

Bump it B!tches! you know you want to!

a friend will help you move. a good friend will help you move a body.~ anon

If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning. -Catherine-

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies. (Unknown)

always tired...never bore

Joined 10-Dec-06

Top Poster
30-Jul-08 7:47 pm

I'm so happy for you!!!!  Yay, Georgia -- keep it up, Girl!  Also, how is it going with the poop?  Has she gone yet?  Last time I read it had been 13 days....

Baby Boy~Baby Boy~Baby Girl        ~BLESSED~

Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were big things.   -- Robert Brault

"We either make ourselves miserable,
  or we make ourselves strong. 
    The amount of work is the same."
                                        ~Carlos Castaneda

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

? Completely Complete ?

Joined 8-May-08

Top Poster
30-Jul-08 7:51 pm

Happy Celebrate Congrats..That is awesome..

December '04July '06

October '08 May '10 September '11

Joined 25-Oct-07

Top Poster
30-Jul-08 7:55 pm

Way to go!! I can sense your relief right through your post... I am happy for all of you! 

"Every adversity, every failure, every heartache carries with it the seed of an equal or greater benefit."

Joined 25-Nov-07

Top Poster
30-Jul-08 7:56 pm

how wonderful!  

Heartbroken

Joined 19-Mar-08

Top Poster
30-Jul-08 9:04 pm

So wonderful!!!!  I can only imagine how hard it must have been to be able to nurse one DD so easily and not the other.  You are an incredible mother...and your DH doesn't sound so bad either.  Happy Wink  I hope Georgia keeps up the good work!  It sounds like she just might with such an amazing family behind her!!!  Happy Celebrate

Baby Boy ~ 9 Baby Boy ~ 5  Baby Girl ~ born Oct.30, 2012!!!

material girl!

Joined 13-Jun-07

Top Poster
30-Jul-08 9:10 pm

Good for you sweetie!  I'm guessing your DH is taking all the credit huh?  don't you wish he could help you out with the BF? LOL

Baby Boy Baby Boy Baby Boy my IVF/PGD Baby Girl Check out my Blog www.in-gender.com/cs/blogs/jjn/default.aspx Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

My Sugar Plum Fairies

Joined 4-May-07

Top Poster
30-Jul-08 10:52 pm

mtgirl:
Also, how is it going with the poop?  Has she gone yet?  Last time I read it had been 13 days....

She went 14 days until we gave her an enema at the doctor's direction.  I totally believe that BF babies don't need to poop often but she is sooooo fussy.  A LOT of poop came out but it was all soft and it didn't seem to change her mood much.  Sigh......  She does calm down and sleep at night which is reassuring.  The next step is to have a barium enema xray to check her colon.  There is some concern that she may have a congenital defect called Hirchsprung's Disease.  

ready4pink

Baby Boy DS 13 yrs Baby Boy DS 10 yrs

Baby Girl Baby Girl IVF/PGD/MS OHW Twins born May 2008

*Joe~Ann~Mae*

Joined 17-Mar-08

Top Poster
31-Jul-08 12:02 am

Your original post made me smile!! I am so happy for you--totally feel your contentment through the screen!!!

On your 2nd post--sorry to hear about that!  I hope they figure things out with her soon!!!Hearts

Joined 9-Aug-06

31-Jul-08 12:22 pm

Yeah Georgia!!  Keep it up girl and your Mommy will be one happy lady!! 

How's it going?  Tried again?  I hope she keeps it for you!!  You won't know what to do with your time!!  You are doing a great job and have been amazing to keep it up this long!!  I don't think I could have done that!!  Keep us updated!!

Krista

Baby Boy 6 years Baby Boy 4 years Baby GirlBaby Girl 2 years

give me coffee and no one

Joined 4-Feb-07

Top Poster
31-Jul-08 12:26 pm

AgreeYEAH!!!! Way to go Georgia!!

Page: of 2