Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

so what is young?????????

Joined 26-May-08

29-Jul-08 5:03 pm

i see some people wrote on here they think there too old because there 28 dont be silly 28 is young please dont make me feel old...lol do you consider the age by when you have your first child??? or your age now????

Baby Girl Baby Girl Baby Girl Baby Girl having a boy Baby Boy

Bazinga!!!!!

Joined 19-Jul-07

Top Poster
6-Aug-08 1:31 pm

I'm 27 and I think that's old Stick out tongue

Joined 25-Apr-08

Top Poster
6-Aug-08 1:39 pm

sorry, but more educated couples are having children later. i had my first at 28, and would not consider myself old. i also would do it all the same if given the chance again. i was able to have 5 years in my career. travel 4 times a year, and have the house i always wanted. this would not be the case if i had kids at 23 when we first got married. i know this from watching my friends right out of school.my sons the best thing to happen to me but, it's hard to get ahead with children.

Baby Boy 5 yrs old  Baby Boy 7/09. he may not of been the daughter i prayed for, but God sure did answer my prayers.

surprise baby due 3/23/11!!!!  it's a  Baby Girl!     I prayed for gods will and he blessed me with a beautiful and healthy baby girl!

Joined 25-Apr-08

Top Poster
6-Aug-08 1:43 pm

wanted to add the adverage age of the first time american mother is 26. this is actually older than i would expect, due to teen pg at such a high rate.

Baby Boy 5 yrs old  Baby Boy 7/09. he may not of been the daughter i prayed for, but God sure did answer my prayers.

surprise baby due 3/23/11!!!!  it's a  Baby Girl!     I prayed for gods will and he blessed me with a beautiful and healthy baby girl!

Bazinga!!!!!

Joined 19-Jul-07

Top Poster
6-Aug-08 2:35 pm

once blessed:

sorry, but more educated couples are having children later. i had my first at 28, and would not consider myself old. i also would do it all the same if given the chance again. i was able to have 5 years in my career. travel 4 times a year, and have the house i always wanted. this would not be the case if i had kids at 23 when we first got married. i know this from watching my friends right out of school.my sons the best thing to happen to me but, it's hard to get ahead with children.

uhm. NO! I was 20 when I had my first I also had a house, traveled all over the world and was happily married (still am). I also got two degrees while I had a young baby so I would NOT say that just because mom's are young they are less educatedHmm

Joined 19-Mar-07

Top Poster
6-Aug-08 3:04 pm

Once blessed

I may not be a young mother now but I was ds1 age 15, ds2 age 20, ds3 age 25, ds4 age 26 and now dc5 age 28.  I'm not dumb, I have a house, I left my career b/c I dont want daycare to raise my kids, and if I wanted to travel I would!!!!!!!  I'm not any government assistance either.

YOU ARE STEPPING ON SOME TOES!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Joined 23-Jan-07

Top Poster
6-Aug-08 3:09 pm

I wanted to say the same thing as the last two girls!  I had my first when I was 21.  We had a house and I had already gone to college.  We are now on our 4th, still happily married.  We don't get to travel as much as we'd like, but kids grow up too fast, our time will come.  Right now, I'm glad we can take family vacations because that's something we didn't do a lot of when I was little.  Not to say we don't travel together, just not as much.  And that's just fine!  I'm certainly not stupid and don't regret any of my kids, no matter what age I had them!  I am a SAHM because I want to be and we are lucky enough that I can be.  I have to say, I'll be 30 this year and joke about it, but I would not by any means consider myself OLD! 

Sometimes on the way to a dream, you get lost and find a better one.

Blessed to be a Boy Mom!

Joined 12-Oct-06

Top Poster
6-Aug-08 3:18 pm

I have to agree with the majority here!  I was married at 22, had DS#1 at 23, DS# 2 at 24 and I am 25 about to trun 26 in Sept.  I got married and had 2 babies while still in school and graduated with honors!  My DH has been very sucessful and we have been able to afford anything we want thus far.  We built our Dream Home on 2.5 acres before our children were born and have really never let our children hinder us from going on vacation or traveling, we just include them, THEY ARE what our life and family is about!  Anyway, I think that this topic it touchy as everyone has a different feeling about what is right for them, so I would suggest that NO ONE has right to pass judgement!

HotMaMa Baby Boy 2005 Baby Boy2007 Heartbroken2/2004 @ 6 weeks and 7/2009 @ 9weeks

Joined 25-Apr-08

Top Poster
6-Aug-08 3:23 pm

no were in my post did i say young moms are not educated.my mother is very sucessful, and had me at 18. what age people chose to have children is there personal choice.. i stated that more people are having children at a later age.having traveled the world at 20 is great, and owning your own home is great. i'm not saying having children 23 or under is dooms day. i'm stating  it was great that we waited. this due to my husband medical residency. that is  directly related to time for a child, and money. i never said anything neg about marriage, so not sure were your getting that from. you chose on road, and i chose another, and leads us both to the same end. we are happy, love our children, and feel content with were we are in life.

Dawn

Joined 19-Oct-07

Top Poster
6-Aug-08 4:13 pm

I agree with once blessed She did not say that younder couples were less educated.  All she said was, more educated couples are having children later on in life. I had my first baby at 26. I would have started a bit sooner but I was still in school and wanted my nursing degree before I had children :)

Joined 21-Feb-08

Top Poster
6-Aug-08 4:48 pm

It's funny- I'm 26 and feel young.  I'm sure when I'm 28 I'll still feel that way!

As far as the education comment- I had my first at 22, and had already been married for 2 years & received a Bachelor's degree.  I like that I started having kids when I did!

...longs for summer!

Joined 14-Oct-07

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

6-Aug-08 6:09 pm
--

Finally some blue...

Joined 2-Oct-07

Top Poster
6-Aug-08 6:56 pm

Married at 20

DD # 1 at 21

Bought a house at 22

DD # 3 at 23

Married for 9 years this December

Getting ready for # 3 ( I will be 30 when the baby will be born next year).

Wouldn't change a thing!

Angela 

Baby Girl 10 Baby Girl 8  Baby Boy Baby Boy 1

Sarah

Joined 30-Jun-06

Top Poster
1-Sep-08 3:18 am

I tend to consider the age I first had children...  I'm 26 now, but got pregnant with my first DS at 17 and that was my third pregnancy!

I think I've been incredibly lucky really. I planned on being a young Mum virtually my whole life. I always said I'd rather have my children as young as possible, focus on them entirely and then when they were all in school full time I can focus on a career / education.

My life is fantastic. I met my DH at 17, found out I was pregnant (planned) the day before my 18th birthday, we got married two weeks later (we were getting married anyway!) and have had a blast ever since.

Before I had my children my life was pretty blank. Nothing really happened, no real direction, no sense of who I was/am. I came from a broken home, with my Mum stuck on benefits, a terrible education, no proper job, there was nothing and no hope so far as I could see. My children kicked me into gear big time.

I'm now 26 (DH is 31). My DH and I have been married for 8 years today (woohoo!!!). I am pregnant with our last child - baby #6! We run our own businesses (which are run from home so our kids don't have to go into childcare), have a good income, own two houses, three cars, a boat, go on holiday twice a year, have a good education for our children.... I don't know many Mums twice my age who have the kind of life I have.  I don't think age has anything to do with parenting skills (I know no-one has said it has) or what you can or can't provide your children with...

So what?! I didn't get to go and get bladdered every Saturday night, or go to Uni and get horrendousely in debt (when I do go I will be entirely self funded), or have "me" time, or start a career which I'd have then had to have stopped to have kids anyway... Or any of the other silly reasons why people say you shouldn't have children young because it ruins your life... But you know what, that doesn't sound like a lot of fun to me anyway!!!! I much prefer spending time with my kids - they're a real laugh and although it's hard work sometimes I wouldn't change my life for the World.

My kids made my life what it is today... Without them I'd be nothing.

Wow!  I only meant to reply with a short one liner!!!!  God I need to stop letting my fingers run away from me!!!!  LOL

And another little coming in November!

Joined 16-Sep-07

Top Poster
3-Sep-08 4:28 pm

I guess I feel old...I turned 28 two weeks ago.  My DH is 33, so he had a little more time.  I had my first child at 24, got married at 22.  But I already owned a house,( and 11 rental properties)  finished my master's degree and traveled a lot (well, we travel all over North America) all before DS.   My DH had finished up his master's before DS and was/is a CFO of a large company.  So, I believe you can become quite educated and have an awesome career at a young age.  Maybe it will just get better....I'm a SAHM now, with 1 semester until I finished my Ph.D.   But, I wouldn't change a thing.  I'd still like one more baby...(hopefully before I'm 30) and want to enjoy each step in having a family. 

Page: of 3