Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

baby names?

Joined 5-May-08

Top Poster
29-Jul-08 1:52 pm

just wondering if anyone has come up w/ some names they may use. 

so far, for a girl, I like: 

Beatrice or Beatrix (in honor of my DH's gram who passed away) 

Victoria

Cora

Riva (i think this is really cool-it's French for River)

Jolie (French for pretty-i had a friend way back w/ this name & always admired it)

Carina

as you can see, i like different names.  our 2 DS are Stuart & Orrin.  DH doesn't even want to talk about boy names b/c he's so sure this baby is a girl, but i like:

Brett

Chaz (possible short for Charles)

Darren

Dean

Zane

Ezra

that's all for now.  i'll probably revise my list several times more before the ultrasound!  my sis & i love talking about baby names-she comes up w/ some good ones.

any thoughts on any of these?  thanks!!! 

S '02  O '05  S '09   HeartbrokenFeb 10 at 9wks3day-we will forever love you!
due April 17 w/ baby boy #4

Joined 24-Jul-07

Top Poster
29-Jul-08 8:40 pm

I like Jolie for a girl-very pretty and original.  Darren is different, so is Zane.  I went to school with an Ezra, and had a student named Chaz who was a horror!  So hard when names ring a bell or remind you of someone you knew/know, or encountered at one point.

You have a good selection though!  I'm sure you're going to narrow it down by the time your ultrasound rolls around.

Hugs Violet October 2002 Hugs Violet November 2005 Hugs Violet February 19, 2009 

Joined 5-Mar-08

Top Poster
30-Jul-08 3:00 am

I also like Jolie, very pretty! I like all of your names infact - a good selection!

I have 2 boys names I like - Grayson and Cash but my DH doesnt think we are cool enough to pull off Cash - LOL!

I am having trouble with girls names - there is nothing that really grabs me but here are a few ideas:

Jaslynn

Adelaide

Everleigh (Nickname Evie)

Bridgette

Let me know what you gals think Happy Wink

Baby Boy 05 Baby Boy 07 Baby Girl 09 - thank you IG!

Joined 5-May-08

Top Poster
30-Jul-08 6:16 am

Oooh!  i really like Everleigh-never heard of it but it's cool.  also like Adelaide.   

Joined 25-Apr-08

Top Poster
30-Jul-08 6:49 am

dean was my #1 pick for ds1. husband hated it. i love it. brett is on the list for if we have another boy. so i like these two the best for boys. i love cora, &carina. very similar to my girls name i have picked. if that day ever comes.

Baby Boy 5 yrs old  Baby Boy 7/09. he may not of been the daughter i prayed for, but God sure did answer my prayers.

surprise baby due 3/23/11!!!!  it's a  Baby Girl!     I prayed for gods will and he blessed me with a beautiful and healthy baby girl!

Jess

Joined 25-Oct-07

Top Poster
30-Jul-08 9:49 am

The only name I can come up with is a girls name!!! I'm hoping this is a good sign, as with both my ds's all I could come up with were boys names. The girls names just didn't seem right and/or to fit. So...my perfect name if my baby girl is in there is Avigail / Baby Avi (as brother has already started referring to her-he's certain she's a girl!)  Kinda like Abigail with a twist for a bit more originality. So we'll see. I'm just going to wait until my 20 wk scan to see if I need to start brain storming boy names :)

Heartbroken05 Heartbroken05 HeartbrokenTwin from this pg 08 Baby Boy 04 Baby Boy 06 Baby Girl Due 2/2/09 Avigail Joi

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker http://www.theraderfamily.blogspot.com  www.marykay.com/jrader

Joined 12-Jul-06

Top Poster
30-Jul-08 9:54 am

queenmommy:

So...my perfect name if my baby girl is in there is Avigail / Baby Avi (as brother has already started referring to her-he's certain she's a girl!)  Kinda like Abigail with a twist for a bit more originality.

My name is Abigail.  When I was in Hebrew school, my teacher, who was Israeli, would always call me Avigail, which I think is the Israeli version of the name.  Didn't remember that until just now.  Neat!

Baby Boy June 2005 Baby Boy December 2007 Baby Boy November 2010

Two swaying opposites, two MS/IUI BFNs in 2009.  Good Luck CloverHoping and Pray that PGD/IVF works for us!Good Luck Clover                                                              Cycle #1 - straight to FET two GSN normal XX blasts - BFN  Cycle #2 - Fresh SET GSN normal XX morula - BFP!  Baby Girl due December 2012!

Joined 5-May-08

Top Poster
30-Jul-08 12:01 pm

i really like Avigail-nice twist to that name!  isn't funny how our older ons predict?  my oldest is so convinced this one is a girl-keeps saying, hi sister!

Joined 5-Mar-08

Top Poster
30-Jul-08 2:27 pm

goldendemon:

i really like Avigail-nice twist to that name!  isn't funny how our older ons predict?  my oldest is so convinced this one is a girl-keeps saying, hi sister!

My oldest is the same - keeps saying "my sister" when we talk about the baby - hope hes right!!

I really likee Avigail, very pretty!

Baby Boy 05 Baby Boy 07 Baby Girl 09 - thank you IG!

Scrubs

Joined 10-Jan-08

Top Poster
30-Jul-08 4:20 pm

I like Victoria and Cora for a girl and Zane and Ezra for a boy!

HIS Baby Boy JANUARY 2001 MINE Baby Boy MARCH 2005 OURS! Baby Boy July 31 2008

Joined 5-May-08

Top Poster
30-Jul-08 4:43 pm

thanks tommiecarlson!  good luck w/ your induction! 

Scrubs

Joined 10-Jan-08

Top Poster
30-Jul-08 4:51 pm

Thank you!

HIS Baby Boy JANUARY 2001 MINE Baby Boy MARCH 2005 OURS! Baby Boy July 31 2008

I am meant to have boys!!

Joined 16-Jul-08

Top Poster
30-Jul-08 4:53 pm

Hi! For what its worth I like Zane and Carina! Pretty names but also strong names and I like the way they sound!

Baby Boy 4 Baby Boy 2 Baby Boy born 6/09 Stick a fork in me cuz I am done Happy  LOL

Blessed to be a Boy Mom!

Joined 12-Oct-06

Top Poster
30-Jul-08 5:14 pm

I vote for Zane for a Boy...sounds cool.  I also like different names.  My girlfriend likes Slade and Syler for boys.  DH likes Dalynn, Cade, Cash, and Dallas. 

For a Girl, Victoria gets my vote, but here are some other...

Avarie, Rilynn, Danacee, Paige, Lexi, and Gemma...just a few of my FAVS!!!

HotMaMa Baby Boy 2005 Baby Boy2007 Heartbroken2/2004 @ 6 weeks and 7/2009 @ 9weeks

Joined 24-Jul-07

Top Poster
30-Jul-08 6:04 pm

I love Jaslynn!  Very original and eloquent.

Hugs Violet October 2002 Hugs Violet November 2005 Hugs Violet February 19, 2009 
Page: of 2