Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

I finally have a ticker!

Kay

Joined 29-Aug-07

Top Poster
25-Jul-08 9:06 am

I know, it's not that big a deal... but, I had a m/c in the fall, and it occurred the day after I put my ticker together. So for the first trimester, I was feeling superstitious about having one. And over the past month, I've been trying to find a moment to put one together, as I had to get a new pass word, etc. Anyway, I did it today and I'm really pleased! I know this one is a keeper! On a sad note, Lilypie still had my original ticker saved - I would be 40 weeks, 4 days.

Another update - I have my next u/s on Tuesday but unless I cave, I am not going to find out. I'm thinking I'll find out in September from my midwife. I have a great month ahead, with vacation and fun week end plans, and I just don't think I want all of that to be overlaid with my potentially processing being an all boys mom. Can anyone relate, or do you think I'm crazy ( My mom and sister think I'm nuts, but then again, they both have their mix of genders!). On the other hand, it would enhance all the August fun, to find out that I was having a DD, but I just don't know if I want to take that risk. Best to all, KJ

Baby Boy 2003 Baby Boy 2006 Baby Girl Born at home 2008

Joined 3-Oct-07

Top Poster
25-Jul-08 9:11 am

I felt the same way. I made a post about it and the other ladies here told me to go ahead and make one so I did.

But I totaly understand why you felt that way. I feel the same way about not wanting to find out about the sex. It would just kill me to know it was another boy. If it is I think it would be so much better just to wait till they hand me the baby to know. That way I don't have time to be depressed about it.

Baby Boy 21 Marc Baby Boy 11 Thomas Baby Boy 10 Christopher Baby Boy Baby Boy 5 Paul and Peter

And Baby Boy Andy born 3-6-09 6 boys!

Bfp!

Joined 21-Feb-08

Top Poster
25-Jul-08 10:24 am

Yeah for a ticker! Happy I've been wondering when your u/s is.  All I can say is that you're a much stronger person than me if you choose not to find out!  I was just dying from the anticipation of finding out.  I was so obsessed with wondering, that for me I think was best to find out, even if it was a boy.  At least then I would know.  Regardless, I hope your u/s goes well, and that you have a wonderful August!

my girls

Joined 28-Feb-08

Top Poster
25-Jul-08 1:07 pm

I understand not wanting to find out you are having another boy.  For us we did not find out with DS#3 and when he was a boy it was like "Oh, another boy".

With our fourth pregnancy I knew that I needed to know if I was going to be a Mom to all boys.  I just needed to deal with it right away and not at the delivery.  I definately had a good cry when I found out and was probably sad on and off for the next month.  I think it was good for me to be able to deal with my feelings before the baby came, I would have been embarassed to cry in front of people on the day I had my baby.

Also, just wanted to mention that I breastfed all four boys, but with the last one it would make me cry each time.  I don't know if the hormones were just high and the thought of never having a girl was overwhelming or what.

Anyway, we now have our girls on the way.  Oh- our fourth son was the easiest baby we have ever had and so easy to fall in love with.  I can't imagine my life turning out any differently than it did.

Baby Boy 12 years, Baby Boy 9 years, Baby Boy 6 years, Baby Boy 4 years, Baby Girl Baby Girl two years!

Joined 17-Jul-07

Top Poster
25-Jul-08 1:41 pm

Congratulations on accepting that this one is a keeper!  I think you definitely should find out the gender at some point before you have the baby, so you can process the news--good or bad.  But there's not reason to do it right away (although I never know how people stand not knowing for a long time!). 

Baby Boy 04 Baby Boy 06 Baby Girl IVF/MS/PGD 08 Baby Boy 13 

Page: of 1