Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

FAQ: MUST READ before posting in this forum!

Full House

Joined 5-Jul-07

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

6-Jul-08 8:38 pm

This forum is for posting ultrasound gender shots for discussion. Please read this FAQ before posting here and follow the rules for this forum.

IMPORTANT: Before posting an image in this forum, please remove all personal information, such as your name, facility, and city.

How do I post my ultrasound picture?

click the "New Post" button (you must be registered and logged in to post). Click the camera icon in the upper post options. You can also edit your picture at this time. You can also crop your photo to take out any personal info. You can only add one image per post, so if you have multiple images, just reply to your first post and add your second image.

PLEASE POST YOUR OWN THREAD. DO NOT POST PICTURES OF YOUR BABY IN SOMEONE ELSE'S THREAD. IT GETS WAY TOO CONFUSING AND YOU WILL GET MORE ACCURATE GUESSING WITH YOUR OWN THREAD. THANK YOU!

Please indicate the exact gestation of what baby was measuring at the time of the scan. This will guarantee more accuracy for nub guessing as the nub will differ greatly during the 12th week; believe it or not the days matter!

ALSO IN NEW POSTS; YOU HAVE TO ENTER DUE DATE IN AMERICAN FORM example: October 16, 2014 would be 10/16/14...if you cannot get it to work for some reason, just leave it blank :D

How accurate is the gender prediction I will get in this forum?

*if* you provide a decent image. Please remember:

• A single, low-resolution image is not the same as a live ultrasound exam, in which your baby would be seen from many angles.

• The image you have provided may not be appropriate for gender prediction, because of the quality or angle of the shot, or because of the week of pregnancy.

• Many people may respond with a gender prediction who do NOT have ultrasound experience. Even if someone says that your picture is "definitely" a boy or a girl, please remember this is not a professional opinion given during an examination.

When Should I get a Gender Confirmation Scan?

Waiting until after 16 wks if you are a thin mom, and after 18 wks if you are a bigger boned mom. Even then, you may have a stubborn baby. Under 14 wks, both genders can still have a nub...a small penis like protuberance. It can make the genitalia very ambiguous. If you want to start taking tags off the clothes---wait until 16 wks!

What is a Nub?

A nub is a small penis like protuberance seen between the legs at 12 wks to 14 wks. It can be used to assess gender using the angle of the nub. 30 degrees up=Boy, Under that=Girl. Sounds easy in theory, but you need to get the baby in a midsaggital (side profile) view that show the nub. No curl to the spine either. Right side up also. Some nubs are ambiguous--they are angled in "the grey zone" where it can go either way. See the galleries for many examples. Gender guessing with the nub increases accuracy as you hit 13 wks, and is at its very poorest in the 11th week. The most "wrong" guesses will be made in this 11th week especially if the nub appears girly.

See this page for pictures and a good explanation of how both boys and girls have a "nub":
http://baby2see.com/gender/external_genitals.html

My Nub has a Fork?

A forked nub can be of either gender.

Is 3D or 4D better for assessing Gender?

No. The surface rendering program can include things that make it more boyish/girlish. It can also exlude things. A puffy scrotum can look like a labia. Tricky Tricky. 2D is needed to accurate gender confirmation.

Can you get 3 Lines on a Boy?

Absolutely. If the tech takes the picture from too far back (ie behind the scrotum, near the bum), you can get 3 lines. Tricky. The male bits are lying out in front of these lines. Especially if he has an erection (yes, that does happen).

Female?

Between 3-5 lines between both thighs.

Male?

Both scrotum and penis, between both thighs.

Potty Shots for Gender?

If you imagine yourself sitting inside someones toilet and looking up. Someone comes and sits on the toilet, whilst you stare upwards. What do you see? Labia and thighs on girls, and scrotum/penis for boys. Toilet shots are used after 15 wks. Never before as the parts are too small, and both genders have nubs (aka mini-penises).

The Placenta Theory?

Posting a picture of the baby and asking where the placenta is not accurate here unfortunately. The tech who took your image, did it from an angle that best shows the baby or nuchal fold or so forth. She has to take the pic with the probe sideways, or up and down, or obliqued to get this "angle". Sadly, if the angle of the probe is not documented on the image, it is impossible to guess where it "actually" is. To be honest, sometimes the tech does not think of this probe angle, she is just interested in getting the best shot possible of your babe!

Should I get a 3D/4D Scan?

Best time is between 28-32 wks for nice shots of the baby's face.

Some concern has been raised about having entertainment ultrasounds in the media. Here is a link to a site that my ultrasound professional society uses for its position statement. Yep, 3D's are nifty, but I will advise anyone to be cautious. http://www.askquestions.org/articles/ultrasound/

A lot of great kids, and a full time job mean very little time to play! Miss you all!!
Thank you In-Gender and Maureen for giving me a place to dream, and the tools to chase those dreams<3

Becky

Joined 14-Jun-09

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

15-Mar-14 9:32 am
Where all the baby action is at! BabyNub.com

Becky

Joined 14-Jun-09

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership