Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Here's a new one Intelligender...Anyone use this one?

Joined 3-Dec-06

3-Dec-06 12:00 am

Hi  Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has used this new early gender predictor test? It’s relatively new, so I don’t know much about it. I went to their website www.intelligender.com and it says it’s a urine test that changes green if you are having a boy and orange if you are having a girl. The test costs $34.95 and it can be used from 8 weeks to 24 weeks, although I read on baby center boards at least 10 weeks is the recommended time. They are claiming a 94% accuracy rate. Not sure if this is a scam, but it seems interesting.

Robin

Most postinest poster

Joined 9-Jan-06

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

3-Dec-06 10:35 am
I was just coming on here to ask the same question.  I had just read a blog about how the company was started and it intrigues me.  I also like how cheap they are.  But my rational side of me says if it was this easy then it would have been done years ago.  I tried looking up studies that would support this but didn't find any at all.
dddd ds
My IG Blog.................... 7 Sway Factors: Diet, pH, Minerals, Hormones,
Swaying E-book .............................Ions, Supplements and Timing
...........................................................They are all linked together
Other diets:

Joined 3-Dec-06

3-Dec-06 2:26 pm

Reddcin-

I looked for research too about where the company got their 94% accuracy rate-was wondering how many people they tested their product on(sample size). But like you said for 34.95 why not do it for fun. If I were pregnant, I probably would do this one.

Robin

Most postinest poster

Joined 9-Jan-06

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

3-Dec-06 4:30 pm
Well they blog I found was from someone who was a volunteer in the beginning of the research.  It was a very interesting read.  So I know that there was at lease one person they tested it on Happy Wink [;)]
dddd ds
...........................................................They are all linked together
Other diets:

Joined 4-Dec-06

3-Dec-06 7:12 pm

Hi everyone! I've been lurking here for 2 months now and finally coming out to say hi :)

We decided to TTC after my last period (Oct. 30th). I had been tracking my cycles and ovulation for 6 months before TTC, so I'd know when would be a good time to try for a girl. We had sex 4 days before my O, then didn't have sex again until long after my O and with protection since I really want a girl this time around. I didn't think that one time would have worked, but low and behold it did and I'm due August 6th!

I'm around 3 weeks along right now and I will be the guinea pig for this test since it's so cheap. I'm going to wait until after Christmas and order it and take it at 8 or 9 weeks. I'll let you all know if it's correct or not! Anyone else want to test it with me?

Jennifer Wife to Billy Mommy to Little Billy Another Blessing due in August

Joined 4-Dec-06

3-Dec-06 7:13 pm
By the way, does anyone have a link to the blog everyone is talking about? I'd love to see it!

Most postinest poster

Joined 9-Jan-06

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

3-Dec-06 8:45 pm
dddd ds
Other diets:

Joined 17-Nov-06

6-Dec-06 2:05 pm

here is another one: posted about intelligender predicted right:

http://www.babyzone.com/Community/Posts.asp?tpc=6616887&brd=471

Joined 3-Dec-06

6-Dec-06 6:25 pm

G/L Jennifer let us know how it goes for you.

Miami-Thanks for the additonal info.

On the babycenter boards a woman over there who had PGD done and knows she is having a girl is going to do this test. http://boards.babycenter.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?nav=messages&tsn=1&tid=3091&webtag=bcus1195

Robin

Joined 4-Dec-06

7-Dec-06 12:57 pm
Well, I E-mailed them and told them my dates (last period, ovulation, positive result date and due date) and they E-mailed me back telling me I can test on Christmas Day and should get an accurate result! They were very very nice in the E-mail, answered all of my questions. I'm ordering it and taking it Christmas Morning. Everyone cross your fingers that I get my little girl for Christmas!!!!! Of course, I'd love another little boy to pieces, but I feel like our family would be complete with a little girl :)

Joined 17-Nov-06

8-Dec-06 8:56 am

Read the following: it is in THE TEST section of www.intelligender.com

The test can be performed as early as six weeks of pregnancy (four weeks of gestation) but it is recommended that you wait until at least 8 weeks into pregnancy to perform the test. This yields the highest accuracy rate. A simple instruction sheet is provided with the test as well as an 800 number should you have any questions.

they said 6 weeks from pregnancy and 4 weeks from gestation.that is wrong. infact they don't know how to calculate gestational age. it seems.

Joined 8-Dec-06

8-Dec-06 11:21 am

I did the Intelligender test at 8 weeks.  I already have 3 boys so I was really hoping for a girl.  Intelligender said I was having a girl.  I didn't want to get my hopes up too much but my u/s just confirmed GIRL last week!!!  So my fourth little snobunny will get to be dressed in PINK!!! 

I also have two friends that have done the test.  One still has not confirmed but one has.  Intelligender predicted boy and she is definitely having a boy.  Very interesting company.  I think that BabyCenter is tracking results so you might check out that site.

Joined 17-Nov-06

9-Dec-06 8:57 am

After 3 tests my P or B confirmed BOY, and i did Intelligender today and it gave the green color (BOY). I am hoping a Boy too.

P or B: test sequence:

1st one said low signal indicating a boy.

2nd time, while they were testing they had a problem with there machine calibration they lost 3 tubes of my test blood, and they were just left with 2 tubes with that said showing strong signal Boy, but insisted to do another dna test

3rd: one confirmed strong signal of y(BOY)

today did 120906: intelligender and got green(BOY)

intelligender looks LIKE A cool test.

Joined 4-Dec-06

9-Dec-06 10:07 am

Oh wow! Congrats on your girl, aspen! It says at 8 weeks the test is 90% accurate, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. When I take the test I'm not going to put 100% faith into it but I keep seeing really good things about this test and more and more people are having u/s and finding out the Intelligender test was right for them. I haven't heard anyone say yet that the test was wrong.

Are you feeling any different with this pregnancy, Aspen? I am fairly condident I'm carrying a girl right now, mostly because my pregnancy with my son was SO MUCH DIFFERNT! With my son I was so sick I could barely get out of bed without running to the bathroom to throw up, and that lasted through month 5. I was also very dizzy when I'd stand up and very disoriented (I felt like I was off balance or sea sick all the time). With this pregnancy I feel wonderful. Not sick, and only get slightly queezy if I need something to eat or I get over heated. I also have a lot of energy this time around, which is something I didn't have when I was pregnant with Billy.

I guess we'll see if my intuition is right come Christmas morning! I can't wait to get my little Christmas surprise :)  Either way I'll be happy. I just want to know so I can do my planning!

Joined 4-Dec-06

9-Dec-06 10:14 am

Congrats to you, too Miami! Were you hoping for a boy? Boys are wonderful :)  I have one and he's such a sweetie and a real blessing to us.

So, P or B was most likely right for you. Interesting. There are so many people saying that one is a scam. I really hope Intelligender doesn't turn out to be one of "those" kinds of tests. I'm really looking forward to this technology progressing and moving forward instead of backwards.

Page: of 7