Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

feeling sad

Joined 23-Jan-07

Top Poster
6-Jun-08 1:16 am

So, I'm on this pregnancy message board and this week 5 girls have gotten their u/s.  2 girls wanted boys (they already have a girl), 2 girls wanted girls, got girls.  The other girl has had a hard time keeping a pg. and got a girl, but I doubt she had a preference.  I'm so scared to have my u/s and hear it's a boy again.  I feel like everyone's getting what the want and I'll throw it all off when it's my turn. 

Sorry, I just had to vent and feel bad for myself. 

Sometimes on the way to a dream, you get lost and find a better one.

? Completely Complete ?

Joined 8-May-08

Top Poster
6-Jun-08 1:28 am

I'm sorry you feel like that. I suppose its only natural to feel scared because everyone around you is getting your desired gender and you might not. Really Really Really hope you hear girl...

BTW are you on PW??

December '04July '06

October '08 May '10 September '11

Nikki

Joined 25-Nov-07

6-Jun-08 4:31 am

I know how you feel. It would be the ultimate to hear those words "It's a girl". I so hope it happens for you. It gets more nerve wracking as the time draws near.  We are here to hear you vent and support you. FX and thinking of you.Hearts

Be well, Nikki Baby Boy9 Baby Boy7 Baby Boy3 Baby Girl Born 11/24/08

Joined 23-Jan-07

Top Poster
6-Jun-08 12:15 pm

Lynda_Tyro:

BTW are you on PW??

Yep, and I figured out you are too when you went for your u/s! 

Joined 3-Oct-07

Top Poster
6-Jun-08 12:24 pm

I know how you feel that's why when I get pregnant again I am not finding out the sex.

It will be a really long 9 months but I just can't take hearing "it's a boy" again!!

Baby Boy 21 Marc Baby Boy 11 Thomas Baby Boy 10 Christopher Baby Boy Baby Boy 5 Paul and Peter

And Baby Boy Andy born 3-6-09 6 boys!

Bfp!

Scrubs

Joined 10-Jan-08

Top Poster
6-Jun-08 7:51 pm

Well good luck and i hope you get your baby girl!!

HIS Baby Boy JANUARY 2001 MINE Baby Boy MARCH 2005 OURS! Baby Boy July 31 2008

Joined 23-Jan-07

Top Poster
7-Jun-08 1:46 am

Nikki, thanks so much.  It's so reassuring to know I have you girls to talk/cry/vent to!  I hope we both here "it's a girl" very soon! 

formerly 'Tashy'

Joined 7-Jun-08

Top Poster
7-Jun-08 12:40 pm

Hello there...

...I know exactly how you feel!!! I'm in the exact same boat as you. After 3 boys, I'm also pregnant with my 4th...it seems everyone around me has girls or is pregnant with a girl. I find that instead of feeling happy for them, I'm feeling sorry for myself.

When do you find out??  I'm still debating whether I should find out, feeling too nervous about it!

Hope you hear what you want to hear :) 
Baby Boy 1995 Baby Boy 2002 Baby Boy 2005 Baby Boy 2008 Baby Girl 2010 Baby Boy 2013

Joined 23-Jan-07

Top Poster
7-Jun-08 7:03 pm

Hi tashy and welcome to the board!  I hope you get your DD too!  It's a terrible feeling! 

I probably won't get my u/s til the end of July-my docs don't do them before 18 weeks, so if I'm 20 weeks when I go in, I'll get it that weekend.  I have decided, I'm going to have him write it down and put it in an envelope.  I cried when he told me DS3 was a boy and got really quiet---I did not know there was sound on the DVD I purchased, so now when my son is older, I have to mute the freakin' DVD if he ever wants to watch so he doesn't know it upset me to hear "it's a boy".  I don't wanna feel sad during the u/s again.  Then, when I feel like I'm ready to know, I have the envelope.  I mean, I really want to know if it's a girl, but I can stand the wait if it's a boy.  I know I will love him to pieces, just like my others, but it's hard.  This is my last chance!  You probably find out late July, too,  huh?  You're a few days behind me.  GL to us both!!!!  to all of us!

Joined 29-Dec-07

7-Jun-08 7:45 pm

praying for pink!Pray

Baby Boy Josh '00 Baby Boy Drew '02 Baby Boy Ty '07 IVF/PGD Baby Girl...due FEB '10 (still in shock!)

Joined 23-Jan-07

Top Poster
8-Jun-08 5:37 pm

wantpinkbad:

praying for pink!Pray

Thank you!

formerly 'Tashy'

Joined 7-Jun-08

Top Poster
10-Jun-08 10:53 am

Hello again!

I was thinking of doing the same thing at my ultrasound, have the sonographer put the gender in an envelope. However, if it does say 'girl', I'll want the proof so may have to ask him to put a toilet shot in the envelope too! Otherwise I'll probably just drive myself crazy.

I just have no idea how I'd react if he were to tell me boy, I'm scared to even think about it. With my 3 boys, I just knew they were boys and I wasn't the slightest bit surprised. Even though I was desperate for a girl before I fell pregnant with #3, those feelings left me as soon as I took the test. However with this one, I've never felt so overwhelmed with 'girl' feelings. Its been quite intense at times. I feel so strongly that its a girl, I'm sure I'd freak out if I'm told boy. So the envelope idea is probably the best option!! My goodness, I can't believe there was sound on your DVD...how terrible!!

And like you said, I know I'll fall in love with the little guy as soon as he's born...I think its just the 'loss' of not having the daughter I really thought I was having.

Did you have any 'gut feelings' with any of your pregnancies? 

I'm not sure when my ultrasound is, they do one here in England at 20 weeks so probably middle of July. I really really hope we both hear pink!!!!!!  

Baby Boy 1995 Baby Boy 2002 Baby Boy 2005 Baby Boy 2008 Baby Girl 2010 Baby Boy 2013

Joined 23-Jan-07

Top Poster
10-Jun-08 5:32 pm

tashy,

I never had any "feelings" with any of my pregnancies.  which sucks. I wish I did!  The only thing I can go on is this pg. is totally diff. than the other 3, which may not mean anything.  but I had morning sickness this time, never at all with the boys.  I'm breaking out like a teenager and I'm so hormonal.  DH looks at me and I wanna scream at him!  I had an u/s at the begining of May and they moved my DD back 2 weeks, so I'm hoping it's a girl and she's just small!  I'll be 18 weeks (but they say 16) at the end of June when I have my next appt, so I won't get my u/s til the end of July.  Thinking PINK for both of us!!!!  GL!

formerly 'Tashy'

Joined 7-Jun-08

Top Poster
14-Jun-08 11:41 am

I'm breaking out too like crazy!!!! Don't you hate it?!?!?!? It's horrible. I haven't really noticed the similarites or differences because all of my pregnancies have been unique. I've lost track of how I felt with which one. All I know is each pregnancy was worse than the last until this one. I feel like I've gone full circle because I sort of feel like I did with my first one. So I don't know, I can't go by my symptoms. Even my cravings are different for each. But I can completely relate to you when it comes to having teenager-ish hormones!!! At one point very early in the pregnancy I was SO bad I even screamed at my husband that I knew this baby was a girl because I've been taken over by another woman. It was really bizarre...I really felt like there was another female inside of me and it was very intense. I never had that with the others. It's probably all in my imagination though!!!! Pregnancy makes me crazy.

I was also moved back at my ultrasound but only by 6 days. However when I had my midwife appt a few days ago she told me I was measuring 2 weeks ahead! So I don't know. I do have big babies.

Anyway, I've got my ultrasound appt now and its for the 17th of July. I've decided to just find out then and there. The suspense is just killing me now. What's helped me in the last few days is choosing names for each gender. I absolutely love both names we decided on and so it has warmed me to the thought of another boy. Just really looking forward to knowing once and for all!!!!! Keep thinking pink Happy Smile

Joined 15-May-08

16-Jun-08 6:57 am

I know exactly how you are feeling... iam feeling the same too.

Baby Boy 12 Baby Boy 11 Baby Boy 5 Baby Boy 3 Baby Boy 1 Baby Boy 1/3

Page: of 2