Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Which do you like more for a boys nursery?

Joined 12-Jul-07

Top Poster
22-May-08 4:46 pm

Okay, all of this is just thinking about what I will do if I do have a boy...

For the safari animal ones, I already have it but I've had it for like 5+ years and it's been in storage this whole time.  I got it for DC1 since we didn't find out the gender, but when she turned out to be a girl at birth I decided not to use it.  And right now I'm letting a neighbor borrow it for a few months.  It's a homemade set from fabric we bought at Walmart.  There is a crib comfortor with the big animals on the front and the moon, sun, clouds, stars on the back.  Then there is a bumper pad and a diaper stacker thing with the little animals all over it.  I actually got these pictures off of a set on ebay someone made from the same fabric kit.  And I don't have matching sheets, I would just use some plain blue ones or something.  I could get more fabric (or I may have leftovers) to make curtains or something if I wanted.  For painting the nursery I'm going to do the bottom 1/3 of the wall green, then the top 2/3 of the wall blue for either choice.  I'm also going to put clouds on the blue part.  But for the safari one I would somehow add the little animals either prints of them in frames or actually have them painted on the walls.  And I was going to do a sun on the wall and probably some type of jungle type tree.  Then maybe put glow in the dark star and moon stickers on the ceiling. 

For the planes, trains, and trucks it's by Olive Kids and I would have to buy it.  It comes in a toddler bed or twin/full size options.  So it doesn't come with a bumper pad.  If I decided to go with it I'd have to find/make a matching bumper pad with the blue and white plaid or something.  But it comes with a ton of accessories to match for decorating and things.  And since it comes in toddler and twin/full sizes I could use this theme all the way from babyhood all the way up until like pre-teen age or whatever.  For decorating the walls I'd probably just buy the wall stickies they offer and put some planes in the sky and put some trains and trucks on some roads or something.  Or I was just thinking of getting some little shelves and putting actual die cast models of trains, trucks, and planes on the shelfs and on the dresser and stuff. 

My other option is I could do both.  Use the safari one I already have until he would grow out of the crib/toddler stage, then get the planes, trains, and truck set once he is big enough to be in a twin sized bed.  Or perhaps by then I would find a different set I liked better, or he would be into some other boy type things.  I wouldn't be terribly sad to not to get to use the safari animals ones.  I still like it, but when I saw the plane, trains, and trucks one I liked it just as much or maybe even more.  So what does everyone think I should do?     

[Poll]

Full-size image

Mar 03 Baby Girl
Dec 04 Baby Girl
Aug 06 Baby Girl
Jan 09 Baby Girl
Due Jul 11 Baby Girl

Au 79

Joined 25-Sep-06

Top Poster
22-May-08 7:08 pm

LOL!!! we got that safari animals blanket as a gift for DS when he was born !!! it is our car/stroller blanket!!!

RQ~ 8, err... i mean 32 Baby Bear Boy,Baby Bear Girl,Baby Bear Boy: you'd better recognize!

http://www.ingender.com/cs/forums/p/7093/54561.aspx#54561 here is the link to my TBM success story for #2! I went on to do the same for #3 and added ions/diet/low sodium/etc... #3 is my beautiful baby boy! does swaying actually sway???

hoping for BFPs for all my IG girls!..... lets see those second lines!!!

Bump it B!tches! you know you want to!

a friend will help you move. a good friend will help you move a body.~ anon

If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning. -Catherine-

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies. (Unknown)

Joined 5-Sep-06

Top Poster
23-May-08 8:25 pm

I like your idea of using both!  They are both just darling for a little boy!  He is going to have such a cute room!!!  Blue baby dust for you from me!!! TJ

IUI/MSClomid 9/06 BFN

IUI/MS Injectible Repronex 10/06 Cancelled

IVF/PGD/MS Converted cycle 10/06 BFN

FET 12/06 BFN

IVF/MS 2/07 +BFP TWIN GIRLS           

* All Cycles done at GIVF*

Baby BoyBaby Boy Baby GirlBaby Girl

material girl!

Joined 13-Jun-07

Top Poster
24-May-08 3:45 pm

I like the planes, trains and trucks..... its very similar to my own boys' rooms!  definitely a winner!

jjn

Baby Boy Baby Boy Baby Boy my IVF/PGD Baby Girl Check out my Blog www.in-gender.com/cs/blogs/jjn/default.aspx Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Scrubs

Joined 10-Jan-08

Top Poster
24-May-08 3:50 pm

i SAY SAFARI ANIMALS!! IM NOT TO FOND OF THE WHOLE PLANES TRUCKS AND TRAINS.
HIS Baby Boy JANUARY 2001 MINE Baby Boy MARCH 2005 OURS! Baby Boy July 31 2008

Joined 21-Jul-05

Forum Leader
24-May-08 4:01 pm

I have always loved that planes/trains/trucks set from Olive!  DS#3 had the crib set that was the Target knock-off of that design!  

I vote, use the safari set for the crib set and get the other set later.  Best of both worlds! 

Mom to And Microsort/IUI twins!

Joined 9-Oct-07

Top Poster
24-May-08 4:55 pm

Joined 11-Mar-08

Top Poster
24-May-08 5:34 pm

planes, trains and automobiles !!!

Baby Boy 3/05 Baby Boy 8/08

Joined 18-Jul-06

Top Poster
24-May-08 8:30 pm
Planes, trains, and trucks

Lena

Joined 15-Jun-07

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

24-May-08 9:45 pm

Neither are my style really, but I like the colors in the planes/trains one.  I prefer a slightly more eclectic look--I like coordinating but not matching.  If I were you I'd look on ebay for a bumper pad and then find a sheet to coordinate with it.  Paint a cute mural on the walls (or buy wall stickers) and go from there. 

I really hope that you get to do a boy room, but if not my dd's room is blue and green on the wall so I think it is perfect for either gender :)

give me coffee and no one

Joined 4-Feb-07

Top Poster
27-May-08 8:21 am

I love the planes trains automobiles.

I think the safari one is very gender neutral... of course not the one you picked because it is blue... but just the safari theme in general.

And after 3 girls....i would want the most boyish thing possible if i were you. JMO

Andrea

Joined 7-May-08

Top Poster
2-Jun-08 2:26 pm

I love the primary colors of the planes, trains, automobiles.  That's my vote. 

I really hope that you get your little boy.  I am sending you more

Baby Boy 5y
Baby Boy Baby Boy 4 y
 Photobucket                     Photobucket  

Without faith a man can do nothing; with it all things are possible

Bazinga!!!!!

Joined 19-Jul-07

Top Poster
4-Jun-08 10:51 pm

The safari one is adorable! you can get lots of stuff to match it Agree 

Joined 28-Feb-08

Top Poster