Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Kits you buy on the internet to chose the sex of your baby.. do they work ?

Joined 25-Sep-08

25-Sep-08 8:27 pm

Sham... Mad Furious

I bought one of those kits where you pee in a container with powder. kind of like a drano test I suppose..I guess I can't say which company.  The kit only costs about 35 bucks, so I figured what the heck.  I did the test at 11 weeks (it recommends doing anytime from 10 weeks on).  I followed the directions exactly, and the result was dark green, which said I was to have a BOY.  I have a 16 year old daughter, and am re-married and due Feb. 1 '09.  I was really excited to see it could be a boy, and my pregnancy is SO completely different than it was with my daughter, so I thought it might be a boy because of that also.  I also have been to just about every website for gender prediction charts, calendars, etc. and they all said BOY.  I also took primrose oil tablets a few months before I conceived and did all the recommended things to conceive a BOY.

I was surprised at my 21 week ultrasound last week to discover there is the 80% chance (the tech said) that it is actually a GIRLSurprise again.

The baby looked healthy which is, of course, the most important thing....however I am just a little frustrated that I have wasted so much time, money and energy and heard nothing but BOY up to last week.   I was hoping to have one of each, as this pregnancy was hard on me (morning sickness, emotions, etc), and although this will be a first child for my husband, I really don't think I want to go through it again..

My point being...buyer beware- don't let the gimmicks fool you!