Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Curious once again...weight gain for May Mommies?

little girly shoes

Joined 19-Dec-07

Top Poster
3-Apr-08 2:04 pm

I'm curious once again how everyone is doing with weight gain.  I am now the heaviest I've ever been in my life.  I started this pregnancy off about 5 pounds heavier then previous pregnancies, so I'm not too surprised that I've surpassed previous pregnancy weight gain.  I've now gained about 23 pounds which is about the same as the previous pregnancies at this time.  I think I usually gain between 25 and 28 pounds.  I've always had my children a little early so I think she'll be here in 3 to 4 weeks (before the end of April).

Baby Boy Baby Boy Baby Boy Baby Girl

Joined 5-Dec-06

Top Poster
5-Apr-08 4:31 am

I have piled weight on in the last few weeks, I too am up to about 23lbs, but I started this pg much heavier than ever before. In the last week I have started to retain more fluid. My ankles & fingers are swollen so I think that is contributing as I can't seem to eat much at once so I don't think it's too much food!

I am just grateful I haven't put my usual 42-50 lbs on!!!

Baby Boy 1993 Baby Boy 1996 Baby Boy 1999 Baby Boy 2004 Baby Girl 2008

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Randilynn

Joined 20-Jul-07

5-Apr-08 2:15 pm

Right now I'm at 39 =( Hopefully I don't gain TOO much more over the next 3.5 weeks!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Joined 20-Mar-07

Top Poster
5-Apr-08 5:41 pm

I gained 5 pounds in the last 2 weeks, mostly because of Easter candy. Embarrassed  That puts me 6 pounds over my pre-preg weight.  But I regained the 10 pounds I lost at the begining of my preg. 

Amy Momma to: Baby Boy Sharod Sep 98 Baby Boy Christopher May 02 Baby Boy Tanner Feb 04 Baby Girl Ayla May 08 Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

Just Me

Joined 23-Nov-07

Top Poster
5-Apr-08 6:51 pm

-sigh- I'm  up 34 lbs so far Sad

Judith AKA Due_In_5/08 Mommy to 4 wonderful boys 1 StepSon & Annabelle Grace - 5-17-08

Joined 23-Feb-07

Top Poster
6-Apr-08 6:49 pm

I'm up about 25.  But I am not worried at all.  I gained 42 with dd so this seems great to me.  lol

Baby Girl 06 Baby Boy 08 ultrasound says Baby Girl 10 “Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.” - Dr. Seuss

Joined 30-Jan-08

Top Poster
7-Apr-08 11:49 am

It's the one time in my life I can say this... I'm DOWN 16 lbs. Hopefully this time I don't put it all back on, plus 20, after delivery. I have a bad tendancy to sit and eat milk and cookies all day long while I nurse. This time I'm not gonna let myself do that!

Baby Boy 9 years old Baby Boy 7 years old Baby Girl my 4 year old... Baby Girl 6 years old, Baby Boy 5 years old, and Baby Girl 4 years old...My six children provide lots of fun and exciting challenges, but so much joy in watching them grow... I can't wait to see what number 7 is like :-)

little girly shoes

Joined 19-Dec-07

Top Poster
7-Apr-08 2:19 pm

Wow!  It's sound like we are all doing really well with our weight gain.  A friend of mine told me that someone she knows who is expecting one baby has gained 60 pounds!  I don't how far along that woman is, but that seems like a lot to loose afterward. 

Baby Boy Baby Boy Baby Boy Baby Girl

mahsa

Joined 20-Nov-07

8-Apr-08 3:46 pm

I've gained only 10 now.  I was worried but my doc said my uterus is growing fine.  I usually gain about 22 or so and since I'm due late May, I know I'll gain more weight.  I also have stopped working out as much as I used to just a few weeks ago.  My problem is that I gain 5-10 pounds after delivery with the nursing. I'm always hungry and crave sweets while I nurse!!  I'm really gonna try not to do that and eat better while nursing.  I tend to nurse for 16 or so months too, so I never lose all the pregnancy weight til I wean.  Ugh...seems a long time away!

'02 '05 '08 '12
My surprise due August 2014

Joined 30-Jan-08

Top Poster
8-Apr-08 4:42 pm

twokids:
I'm always hungry and crave sweets while I nurse!!  I'm really gonna try not to do that and eat better while nursing.

Me Too! I only go way too far with it, and I gain a lot more than that! But like you said, I'm not going to let myself do that this time. I'm gonna lose more weight and shock the heck out of people!
Baby Boy 9 years old Baby Boy 7 years old Baby Girl my 4 year old... Baby Girl 6 years old, Baby Boy 5 years old, and Baby Girl 4 years old...My six children provide lots of fun and exciting challenges, but so much joy in watching them grow... I can't wait to see what number 7 is like :-)

mahsa

Joined 20-Nov-07

10-Apr-08 1:01 am

Yes I think it's  a myth that you lose weight nursing.  I mean yeah, you burn more calories, but I'm always SO hungry when I nurse so I'm sure I eat more calories than I put out and like I said I get ravenous and go for sweets!  So even though I don't get too big during my PG, I just can't seem to lose the extra 8-10 pounds until after I wean which is almost two years.  I do have to say though, I think nursing makes your belly or uterus shrink much faster! 

'02 '05 '08 '12
My surprise due August 2014
Page: of 1