Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

stripping cloth diapers

Au 79

Joined 25-Sep-06

Top Poster
18-Mar-08 3:27 pm

i am working to get the second hand diapers i got this week up and running. i checked if they needed to be stripped and they were in dire need. so after stripping them 2 ways... i am still rincing and rincing ..... and rincing!! we are talking like 10 rince cycles at this point. what is going on??

also,,,, the bumgenius dipes i got are the old style and say to wash them in warm water only... how do i go about stripping them if all the stripping procedures require HOT HOT water?

any tips from a seasoned CD veteran would be helpful!!!Happy  LOL 

RQ~ 8, err... i mean 32 Baby Bear Boy,Baby Bear Girl,Baby Bear Boy: you'd better recognize!

http://www.ingender.com/cs/forums/p/7093/54561.aspx#54561 here is the link to my TBM success story for #2! I went on to do the same for #3 and added ions/diet/low sodium/etc... #3 is my beautiful baby boy! does swaying actually sway???

hoping for BFPs for all my IG girls!..... lets see those second lines!!!

Bump it B!tches! you know you want to!

a friend will help you move. a good friend will help you move a body.~ anon

If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning. -Catherine-

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies. (Unknown)

Joined 19-Mar-07

Top Poster
18-Mar-08 8:07 pm

check this site http://www.pinstripesandpolkadots.com/detergentbasics.htm#Stripping%20Diapers

That is how I strip my diapers ......One time I used too much dawn when I was stripping my diapers and it was built up in my inserts (the smell would knock you down)  I had to strip them start to finish 7-8 before it was better and another 2-3 reg. washings before it was gone......So it may just take alot of times to get them free of everything built up.  Also make sure you use the correct detergent when you wash them.

Au 79

Joined 25-Sep-06

Top Poster
18-Mar-08 11:20 pm

ok. that makes me feel better. i was following the directions on pinstripesandpolkadots..... but i thought it was so strange that i was still getting a few bubbles and some residue on the water in the washer. i guess i am doing it right and i just have a lot of junk to get out of there.

yesterday i did the dawn inthe sink strip and the hot water wash with calgon strip. and since then i have just been washing and washing trying to get completely clear water. i think this final wash will be my last. even if i still have a tiny amount of residue on the top of the water im going to go ahead and dry them and test them and then try restriping if i need to.

so G4M~ do you have any idea about stripping the BG's i have? they say warm water wash only..... and all the recommended stripping tecniques on PSNPD require hot water.  what would you do?

RQ~ 8, err... i mean 32 Baby Bear Boy,Baby Bear Girl,Baby Bear Boy: you'd better recognize!

http://www.ingender.com/cs/forums/p/7093/54561.aspx#54561 here is the link to my TBM success story for #2! I went on to do the same for #3 and added ions/diet/low sodium/etc... #3 is my beautiful baby boy! does swaying actually sway???

If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning. -Catherine-

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies. (Unknown)

Joined 19-Mar-07

Top Poster
19-Mar-08 7:45 pm

I think what you have done is good enough. Are they AIO's or pockets? If they are pockets you should be fine....all you need to do is the insert and you could boil the insert if you wanted.  If they are AIO's I would give them a try and if they smell really bad right after she pees they need to be stripped again .......now I dont want to recommend you wash in hot but that is what I would do if it is not getting better or I would try to soak them overnight.

Au 79

Joined 25-Sep-06

Top Poster
19-Mar-08 8:23 pm

thanks!

actually it is not the smell.... DD has yet to even try them out LOL! it is that when i test them with a squirt of water.... the watter rolls off of the fleece (pocket diaper) instead of going through like it is supposed to. PSNPD says that is b/c the fibers of the fleece is clogged with detergent (or something else). so im now entering my 3rd day of stripping !! LOL! and after this last wash i am officially quitting. i really hope what i did today does the trick.

im starting to think i should have just bought these diapers new!~~~ too bad i cant afford that Grouchy

Praying for a healthy bab

Joined 27-Sep-06

Top Poster
19-Mar-08 10:09 pm

Ok..what is stripping? Maybe we use a different term Down Under lol.Your nappy' sound different to ours..I know my old cloth nappies were just that...a white square terry toweling cloth nappy. Maybe that is why your work better than my ones did lol xo

Baby BoyBaby BoyBaby BoyBaby BoyBaby Boy Heartbroken  21st July 2010 at 11.5 weeks.Heartbroken April 2011 at 6 weeksHeartbroken23rd August 2011 at 12weeksHeartbrokenNovember 2011-4weeks.
Baby Baby Girl due Christmas Day. Prayers for a healthy baby.x

Pregnancy%20ticker
pregnant

Au 79

Joined 25-Sep-06

Top Poster
20-Mar-08 9:52 am

ok, i am getting close to fed up !!!! all the stripping i h ave been doing (LOL, yes i get it ... very funny) has not helped at all!!! now im pissed! i should have spent my money and just got new diapers instead! SO PISSED !!! i wish i knew why this wasnt working?

im going to try one more time... turn the diapers inside out. but that is it. if they still dont absorb water... then im done!

MO4B~ at this point i kind of wish i had just gone with the old style rectangles Sad

Joined 19-Mar-07

Top Poster
20-Mar-08 12:50 pm

The fleece is not going to absord you just want it to wick the moisture away quickly.  If when you squirt water on it and it beads up they have prob. used fabric softener which is very waxy and maybe try to soak in very warm water and alot of vinegar ( I would do 50/50 water/vinegar ) I would soak them for a very long time.  I think I would use a small amout of dawn on a scrub brush and scrub only the fleece inside and out.  If that does not work I would be asking for my $$ back!!!.........Sorry hun I wish this was working out for you.

Au 79

Joined 25-Sep-06

Top Poster
20-Mar-08 1:07 pm

i havent tried vinegar yet. i guess i will give that a go too. yesterday i did the scrub brush/dawn on the outside of the fleece and currently i am doing the scrub brush/dawn on the inside of the fleece. i am going to soak them for quite a while today, then maybe go back and scrub brush the outside fleece again... and try the vinegar. and then if they still dont work... i will be contacting the lady! FOR SURE!!

Joined 5-Dec-06

Top Poster
25-Mar-08 1:14 pm

Oab+g, how did you get on with your stripping?, I have also read that white vinegar is good, hope you get your reusables usable!!

Helen

Baby Boy 1993 Baby Boy 1996 Baby Boy 1999 Baby Boy 2004 Baby Girl 2008

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Au 79

Joined 25-Sep-06

Top Poster
25-Mar-08 7:11 pm

thanks for asking... unfortunately, not good Sad i gave up. i emailed the lady asking for a refund... of couse i havent heard back from her... B*tch!!!!!

i really havent tried a 50/50 vinegar/water soak yet. i just used what vinegar i had so it was probably more like 5/95 vinegar water.

honestly, i got really PO'd and decided i needed a break from stripping for a while. maybe i will try again this weekend. it just sucks... b/c 85 bucks is a lot of money to me Sad why do people have to be so sneaky and malicious????

Joined 19-Mar-07

Top Poster
26-Mar-08 7:11 pm

I was thinking about you.....too bad they did not work out......I hope you get your $$$ back and just buy new diapers.

Joined 16-Mar-07

Top Poster
26-Mar-08 8:57 pm

that is just crazy.  i have bought used 3 times now and been happy all 3 times. but i know there was a lady on diaper swappers selling diapers that didnt exist.  some people just suck.  have you even tried them?  maybe its not as bad as you think. i hope the vinegar does the trick.  

Baby BoyBaby BoyBaby GirlBaby Boy

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Joined 11-Apr-07

Top Poster
27-Mar-08 1:45 pm
man i'm sorry you're having a rough time! i've never bought used. i have had to strip diapers, but never to the extent you have been doing. i swear by vinegar. obviously, you've tried that as well as dish soap too. those were the only suggestions i had. i hope you get your money back! get some fuzzibunz with hemparoo inserts. i'm a loyal customer to them myself. Stick out tongue
*Delete me*
Page: of 1