Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Clearblue ADVANCED Digital Ovulation Test - TTC Baby Boy

Joined 8-Dec-10

Top Poster
23-Aug-13 3:37 pm

Hi Ladies,

I am most likely going to purchase the new or fairly new Clearblue Advanced Digital Ovulation Tests. I have been reading about it and this test notifies you of FOUR of your fertile days instead of two like the other Clearblue Digital Ovulation Test.

This test detects two fertile days and then two of your peak fertile days with the LH and Estrogen Hormones.

So, to increase the chances of conceiving a baby boy, can anybody advise when would be the best day to DTD? On the first peak day smiley or the 2nd peak day smiley?

Estrogen helps to sway baby boy too so if this hormone is at it's highest on the 2nd peak day as well as LH being it's highest then do you think the deed should be done on the 2nd day? Or could you miss the egg?

Contrary to this, with the other Clearblue tester, many ladies day to DTD about 12 hours after your first positive smiley?

So I am confused on when to DTD with the advanced tester?

Does anyone use this advanced tester and has anybody used it and conceived a baby boy? If so which peak day did you DTD? 

Please advise.

lilgift x

The below is pasted from the Clearblue website:

If the test shows Low Fertility, you are unlikely to fall pregnant if you have sex today, so it’s just for fun. Test again tomorrow.

If the test shows High Fertility, you can increase your chance of getting pregnant by having sex today but you should test again tomorrow.

When the first Peak Fertility is shown, ovulation should occur within the next 24-36 hours. The next two days are when you are at your most fertile and having sex will maximise your chance of getting pregnant.