Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Just found out i'm having another boy. I really wanted a girl

Joined 11-Jul-13

5-Aug-13 11:25 am

I am 16 weeks pregnant. I went for a private scan at the weekend and was really excited because I was convinced I was having a girl. I did the urine test, psychic tests and nub tests. They all indicated girl. When the lady doing my scan said boy I wanted to burst out crying. My husband is happy and he says all that matters is that our baby is healthy, which I know is true. We already have a 2 year old son who is such a good boy. When I left the office and got in the car I began to cry. I felt awful for feeling like that. The worse part was people trying to ring me once they knew it was another boy, all I wanted was to be left alone. It has been two days since my scan and still feel upset. I am really hoping this feeling goes. We are only having two children so my dreams of having a little girl are gone.

Joined 3-Aug-13

5-Aug-13 12:36 pm

I have a daughter and am pregnant again, I however have not had the gender scan yet but the nub theory strongly indicates that this baby will be a girl and I have had morning sickness and acne which indicate girl. I feel really disappointed too because I wanted to have one of each. I know how you feel my problem is just the opposite. My husband is the same way as yours and says it doesn't matter as long as It is healthy but I still can't help but to feel upset. We are also done after this baby, my husband only wants two. It is hard. We just have to think how lucky our children will be to grow up with a sibling of the same sex. I have 2 sisters and they are seriously the best. I know its hard right now but once we have our babies and see our children get to grow up together i'm sure we will laugh at ourselves for being this silly...I hope anyway. It is nice to have someone to talk to though. Hope it gets better for you.

Joined 11-Jul-13

5-Aug-13 2:06 pm

I had morning sickness and got spots which made me think it was a girl because I didn't have that with my first son. I am slowly coming round to the idea of having another boy just still in shock. My advice to you is to not try any of these 'psychic' tests or any gender tests because clearly they don't work. Will you have scan to find out the gender of your baby? I keep telling myself that I am lucky enough to be pregnant and that some people are not blessed with children. I know I will love my boy when he arrives.

Joined 3-Aug-13

5-Aug-13 4:41 pm

This pregnancy has been very different from my pregnancy with my daughter. But I guess its true when they say every pregnancy is different and doesn't determine anything. I did try the baking soda test which has said boy multiple times. But I seriously had like 20 people on here say that the "nub" was a very girly nub or definitely a girl. We will be finding out but I told my husband I didn't want to because I felt like how could I be disappointed when they place that sweet baby in my arms but my husband says he wants to find out. It would be pointless for him to find out and me not too cause he would tell people. I agree we are lucky to have another chance at carry a baby because so many woman can't. Also, really all we should want is healthy babies, just think of all the things the some mothers deal with. It is hard though I know.

Joined 4-Jun-13

6-Aug-13 9:34 am
I know it won't make you feel any better, but they will be best buddies growing up. I have 2 boys under 2 and I felt like you when I was executing my second. Once I got over the crying/mourning stage I started to accept it and bought more clothes and did up a new room for him. Once he was born, I was smitten. Of course they test the waters and hang off me at my feet but so do little girls. It will get better, just take he time needed to grieve, and avoid people who are likely to make stupid comments that might upset you even more so. You know which ones I'm talking about.

DeviousDreams

Joined 7-Sep-12

Top Poster
6-Aug-13 2:41 pm
(((hugs))) All you can do is mourn the little girl you lost and learn to accept and love the son you're being given.
-08/98   -06/99   -07/00   -03/02   -08/02   -12/02   -08/05   -05/11

-04/12    -09/12   -09/13

Readyforbaby3

Joined 28-Dec-10

Top Poster
6-Aug-13 9:47 pm

I'm sorry you didn't hear girl, but trust me when I say you will love this little boy to pieces.  My DS2 is amazing and I thank g'd for giving me such a blessing. I also enjoy the male bond that my two sons have.  You just found out so give yourself time.  And don't feel bad for crying, you are only human!

Baby Bear Boy  2007 Baby Bear Boy 2010 Baby Bear Girl 2013

Joined 11-Jul-13

7-Aug-13 5:06 am

Thank you for all your kind words. It makes me feel better. I have had a few people tell me I am so selfish for feeling like this because some people can't have children and I completely understand, maybe I am being a bit selfish, but I am still in shock and it does feel like I have lost a child (I know technically I haven't) I hope I will start to feel better over time. I know I will love my new son as much as I love the son I already have and I know they will be very close. I just know when the time comes to start shopping for baby bits will be hard as all the stuff I have picked out is for a little girl.

Page: of 1