Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

if nub guess has been wrong at 12 weeks ...

Joined 20-Sep-07

Top Poster
9-Mar-08 12:49 pm

if you have had a nub guess at approx 12 weeks and been told one gender and it has turned out to be another - what have the guesses been?  is it more likely if the guess is flat girl nub then it will more than likely be a girl but if it is angled it could be either??

just trying to prepare myself for my 12 week - that if I hear boy - is it possible to change and if I hear girl - is it like to stay that way???  the dr scanning has done lots of nub research etc etc so I am hoping he will be quite accurate...

thanks

Baby Boy

Baby Boy

Baby Boy 

hoping and Praying for a Baby Girl one day to complete our family 

Joined 26-Jan-08

9-Mar-08 1:39 pm

I've never had a nub guess, but from what I've seen on this board it seems that more girl nub guesses turn into boys instead of the other way around. Interesting question though, I'd like to hear from some people that have had this happen too.Happy Smile

Mom to: Baby Boy-10 yrs Baby Boy- 4 yrs Baby Boy- 1 yr due 9/30/08 Lilypie Expecting a baby TickerDue 10/1/2008

Joined 25-Apr-06

Top Poster
9-Mar-08 9:05 pm

soon2BMomof4:

I've never had a nub guess, but from what I've seen on this board it seems that more girl nub guesses turn into boys instead of the other way around. Interesting question though, I'd like to hear from some people that have had this happen too.Happy Smile

I agree with this.

All I Want For Christmas is:

My IG Account Deleted!!!

Joined 30-Jan-08

Top Poster
9-Mar-08 11:36 pm

I second what soon2Bmomof4 said. Well, since Sarah already agreed too, I guess I third it! The nub often will move up a bit by 13 weeks if it is a boy, so the earlier guess may have been girl, but later it may look more like a boy nub. I think there are some nub shots that are just too close to call too, and that is when you get a ton of mixed guesses. It's so hard to be certain if you are one of the ones who's will be wrong or not. I don't think it's very likely to get a confident boy guess (based on a high angle of the nub) and have it turn out to be a girl though.

Baby Boy 9 years old Baby Boy 7 years old Baby Girl my 4 year old... Baby Girl 6 years old, Baby Boy 5 years old, and Baby Girl 4 years old...My six children provide lots of fun and exciting challenges, but so much joy in watching them grow... I can't wait to see what number 7 is like :-)

Joined 18-Apr-07

Top Poster
9-Mar-08 11:49 pm

My cousion was told 75% sure it was a  boy when she was 12 weeks and 3 weeks later they confirmed it was a girl.  She is high risk so she has gotten u/s since the beginning of her pregancy.

Due March 2011

Joined 20-Sep-07

Top Poster
10-Mar-08 5:40 am

thank you for your replies

so do most nubs start off flat and go up wards if boy?  and that is why girls nub guesses can turn out to be boy or does it not make a difference - can nubs be up or down at any point.

i will be 12 weeks 4 days when i have mine so quite close to 13 weeks so hopefully the " nub" will have done most of the moving by then?

thanks

Baby Boy

Baby Boy

Baby Boy 

hoping and Praying for a Baby Girl one day to complete our family 

Joined 29-Jan-08

10-Mar-08 8:53 am

I had a nub guess at 12 w 2 dys for a boy (would have been my fourth). At 14 weeks I was told " I see a penis, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it", at 16 weeks I was told " this baby does not have a penis, but don't go buy pink". So I booked a private u/s a few days after that u/s and I was told 100% without a doubt it's a girl. Personally I think it takes a REALLY well trained u/s tech to make a prediction that early. In a lot of cases I think the tech just gets lucky with a guess. I mean hey they have a 50/50 chance right? 

Hope you get the gender you want!! Good luck! 

Me:32 Dh:36 Baby Boy 1995 Baby Boy 1997 Baby Boy 2003 Baby Girl Due in August!

Full House

Joined 5-Jul-07

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

10-Mar-08 9:30 pm

They unfortunately can  be wrong somtimes.

Generally, the rule is that the closer to 13 wks you are, even between 13w-14wk, the better the guess.

Good luck!

A lot of great kids, and a full time job mean very little time to play! Miss you all!!
Thank you In-Gender and Maureen for giving me a place to dream, and the tools to chase those dreams<3

Joined 26-Dec-08

10-Nov-10 8:50 am
Charliecats, is it possible to be told at 11 and at 12 that it is a boy and it really be a girl or it just doesn't seem likely. I am so holding out hope bc the tech told me 60 percent boy but wanted to see what you thought
Page: of 1