Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Has any used a saliva ovulation scope?

Chellie

Joined 31-Jul-12

3-Aug-12 11:58 pm

I just bought a scope. I was wondering if these are good for ttc girl, and to use for o+12. I've been hearing alot about ovucue and the stick tests? Does anybody have any suggestions?

Baby Bear Boy2008 Heartbroken2009 Baby Bear Boy2010 Heartbroken2011 Baby Bear Boy2012 HeartbrokenHeartbrokenSad2012 andBaby Bear Girl FINALLY!!! :)Hearts

Joined 16-Sep-10

Top Poster
4-Aug-12 2:07 am
i have tried to use normal microscope for this but it doesnt work for me,i think somthing to do to with estrogen levels.
Baby Boy 2011, and swayed for Baby Girl, due 11th November 2013 Lilypie Maternity tickers  BabyFruit Ticker

Joined 14-Sep-11

4-Aug-12 5:37 am
I used a ferning microscope ttc my dd...worked fine for me just gotta remember to do it before u eat..you will see an obvious pattern I used it along w bbt checking cm and the clear blue easy monitor to track O...it's important to find O time when your using the timing methods but I depended mostly on ph..
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Chellie

Joined 31-Jul-12

4-Aug-12 10:08 am

Can you use the scope later in the day, or just in the morning? And if so later in the day how long after u eat or drink should u wait?

Baby Bear Boy2008 Heartbroken2009 Baby Bear Boy2010 Heartbroken2011 Baby Bear Boy2012 HeartbrokenHeartbrokenSad2012 andBaby Bear Girl FINALLY!!! :)Hearts

Joined 15-Mar-07

Top Poster
4-Aug-12 2:16 pm
I had a 'maybe baby' which is a ferning microscope. I never found them very reliable, especially not to rely on for o +12... You are supposed to use then first thing in the morning, before you do anything like drinking or brushing your teeth, and use the saliva from the underside of your tongue.. I bought an ovacue for my attempt, and although it was expensive, it was money well spent. It predicts the day you will ovulate ahead of time, and with tracking your physical signs aswell, such as cm and cp, you can narrow down when ovulation is about to occurr. Then, using the ovacue with the vaginal sensor, you can confirm when ovulation has taken place which is crucial for o+12. It says in the instructions for the ovacue to only use the vag sensor once a day, as it can change v secretions if you use it too often, but I used it more than once a day. I don't see how it could alter cm more than checking my cp 100 times a day! Hope this helps ! Gl!

Baby Boy+Baby Boy 2003, Baby Boy 2008 and our first pinky ariived in June! Baby Girl Hearts

Four times lucky and we are (probably Confused Huh?) done !

Thanks to all the lovely IG ladies and leaders for your support and advice over the years! Happy Celebrate

Link to my sway : http://www.in-gender.com/cs/forums/t/236361.aspx

Chellie

Joined 31-Jul-12

4-Aug-12 2:58 pm

Are they really exspensive? Ive been buying things like ph strips, ferning scope, etc. Now reading everything looks like i might have to upgrade a few things. So confusing, but i want to make a good sway attempt so im going to start saving money lol

Joined 15-Mar-07

Top Poster
4-Aug-12 5:12 pm
Not sure where you are located, I'm in Australia.... But they don't sell them here, so I had to get mine from the US. By the time it was sent out here I think it was around $350-$400. I only used mine for 3 cycles and got a bfp, but it still made everything so much easier. A lot of ladies don't use fertility monitors though and have success. If you have a really predictable cycle and can pinpoint with pretty good accuracy when you ovulate, then you may not need one. But i found it gets to the point where you have spent so much already with opk's, digital ph testers, ferning microscopes, negative ion things, supplements, special diet products, microscope, syringes, thermometers, etc, I figured I've spent all this, what's another few hundred dollars? After all, all of what I had spent combined was still cheaper than going HT !

Baby Boy+Baby Boy 2003, Baby Boy 2008 and our first pinky ariived in June! Baby Girl Hearts

Thanks to all the lovely IG ladies and leaders for your support and advice over the years! Happy Celebrate

Chellie

Joined 31-Jul-12

4-Aug-12 10:19 pm

Im located in the US. I just think its amazing that there are so many women from all walks of life all around the world coming together on this website becasue we are trying to accomplish the same thing. It really makes you feel that your not alone anymore. Im not sure if I'll buy one or not, Im bf right now and when Im not my cycles are usually pin point normal 28 days, but i am def not one of those women who can feel when they're ovualting  and Im not really sure yet about the difference in cm yet. So I am going to have to think about this one. So how does it feel to finally have a baby girl? Is it way different than all your boys?

Joined 15-Mar-07

Top Poster
4-Aug-12 11:15 pm
I know it's a hard decision because it is a lot of money.. And if your cycles are pretty regular, then you should be able to distinguish between the difference in cm throughout your cycle with a bit of tracking and practice. This website is great, there are so many wonderful women that come on here, and so many who understand how it feels to desire a particular gender. Its an outlet for those feelings that sooo many women have, but may not feel comfortable discussing them with people in 'real life'. And there is a huge amount of info regarding swaying etc to help ladies formulate a sway that suits them. I still can't believe I have a daughter! Every time I open her nappy, I am just gobsmacked that we had a girl.. Something that I dreamt of and that we both put so much into in terms of swaying, and she is now here with us. I just never thought it would happen for us, so it's lovely! And my boys adore her. I think she'll be a virgin til she's about 35 though with 3 protective older brothers!

Chellie

Joined 31-Jul-12

4-Aug-12 11:46 pm

lmao! I am so happy for you! I hope one day I can see pink and dolls in my house instead of blue and dirt and rocks and sticks and... worms. ha ha I have a blast with my boys but I just want one little girl to balance all the testosterone in my house. So I hope my sway attempt will be successful. Did you sway at all with any of the 3 boys, or did you just do it this round and get a girl? Also is your sway attempt on the outcome forum?

Joined 15-Mar-07

Top Poster
5-Aug-12 7:10 am
Thanks chellie, with ds3 we followed shettles method. He took about ten months to conceive as we were doing cut off method. We started about seven days out from ovulation and crept closer over the following months. Eventually I fell pregnant 3-4 days before ovulation, and ds3 was conceived ! So he is our shettles opposite. Since then, I have read of so many ladies have shettles opposites. Alot of ladies tend to have more success with the o+12 method when ttc a girl...Also My sway is in the swaying attempts and outcomes forum. That section is really interesting to read through to see what others did/ didn't do ! Gl

Joined 14-Sep-11

6-Aug-12 8:00 pm
My scope here in us was around 20 bucks there was a smaller round one and a mini microscope it worked just find for me check amazon that's where I gig mine comes w a case and 6 slides...

Chellie

Joined 31-Jul-12

6-Aug-12 9:49 pm

Thanks threewillys I think Im def. convinced to go with the 0+12 method. I was scared at first, but now I think Im more confident with it from peoples experiences.

Chellie

Joined 31-Jul-12

6-Aug-12 9:51 pm

Tadtam- What is the brand you bought, thats kind of cool it came with 6 slides. I just got that lille maybe mom one. Its ok, Im bf right now So its all over the place.

Joined 14-Sep-11

7-Aug-12 9:37 am
Just dug out the box it's fertility tracker...www.fertilitytracker.com comes with very detailed instructions and pics once you get to see it it's really pretty cool to watch the changes and compare w bbt and cm..I purchased at a web site called www.babyhopes.com just saw that on back of the book :))
Page: of 1