Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

The sweetest thing...

Time to move on from my D

Joined 11-May-11

Top Poster
3-Aug-12 5:36 pm

While I was at the Commissary today ( that's a grocery store for you non-military folk Happy Wink)   I was walking around with DS3 sitting up in the cart, and these two ladies walked by and noticed DS3 sitting there talking and she said "what a sweet baby", and I said "Thank you"   Well, she then noticed my big pregnant belly and said "Oh my,  you are gonna have your hands full!"   I said Yeah, I have two older boys at home too (they were with Grandpa while I was shopping) and she smiled & said "How nice" and asked about this one I was carrying and I told her it was another boy. TOTALLY expecting that "comment", and that is NOT at all what she said.. she actually said YAY!!   Yay, and she smiled big, and said how sweet that was, and I said " Yeah, four of a kind"  Good Luck Clover
  Then they congratulated me and walked on, but as they were walking away I heard the one lady say "How cool"  Hearts

I stood there and cried!   It felt SO good to hear some appreciation instead of the "comments"    You all know them, so I don't have to repeat them. LOL  

It was just so great to hear that today and it totally made my day!!!      Happy Smile

Oh, and on a side note!!   I am SO happy to say that my DS1 FINALLY agreed to let me cut his hair!!   It used to be super long, so long you couldn't see his eyes, and it was covering his neck!!   

So, I just wanted to share a pic of my gorgeous son Cole.. my oldest "baby"  Happy Wink

Full-size image

DH Baby Boy 40  

ME Baby Girl 33,  married since 2002 Hearts

ColeBaby Bear Boy 2004     CaidenBaby Bear Boy 2006       KodyBaby Bear Boy 2011    JaceBaby Bear Boy 2012  My UNplanned home birth baby...  

"Boys are meant for kisses and hugs, For watching rainbows and catching bugs, For sharing all of your favorite things, For books to read and songs to sing.  Blue jeans and trucks, scrapes on his knees, Running in the Dirt, and being a tease. Making a face, and build and destroy. There's nothing like just being a BOY!" ????

Joined 3-Aug-09

Top Poster
3-Aug-12 6:13 pm
Bless - what a lovely thing to say! I know plenty of people who would think 4 boys was winning the jackpot - so you are indeed SO COOL! Cole is gorgeous btw! Your little baby in your avatar looks a lot like him :-)
Love my babies

Jen

Joined 26-Dec-10

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

3-Aug-12 6:23 pm
awww omg your boys are soo handsome. i just know ds4 will be as adorable as his big brothers. im so jealous of you, 4 amazing strong handsome men to protect you while your hubby is away. lucky lady! im so glad to hear others feel the same way i do about your family. hugs

Baby Bear Girl01, Baby Bear Girl03, Baby Bear Girl05, Baby Bear Girl09, Baby Bear Girl10Heartbroken, Baby Bear Girl11, Baby Bear Girl11Heartbroken, Baby Bear Boy12, Baby Bear Girl13Heartbroken

Joined 11-May-11

Top Poster
3-Aug-12 6:34 pm

Thanks ladies Happy  LOL  

Another funny thing is I had posted this pic of Cole on my FB so his dad could see it, and one of my military friends who lives in another state, well her daughter seen the pic of Cole and said "Mommy, he's cute - what's his name?"    Happy Giggle   Lmbo!    How freaking cute is that?  I better start watching out for them girls!  LOL     Stick out tongue

DH Baby Boy 40  

ColeBaby Bear Boy 2004     CaidenBaby Bear Boy 2006       KodyBaby Bear Boy 2011    JaceBaby Bear Boy 2012  My UNplanned home birth baby...  

"Boys are meant for kisses and hugs, For watching rainbows and catching bugs, For sharing all of your favorite things, For books to read and songs to sing.  Blue jeans and trucks, scrapes on his knees, Running in the Dirt, and being a tease. Making a face, and build and destroy. There's nothing like just being a BOY!" ????

Joined 15-Nov-10

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

3-Aug-12 6:44 pm
You are very lucky and have what once was my dream! He's so handsome you have every reason to be proud!
"She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails.." 1 Samuel 1:27

Baby Bear GirlAdysen 3-2007 Baby Bear GirlBaylor 7-2011 Baby Bear GirlHaidynn 1-2013

Readyforbaby3

Joined 28-Dec-10

Top Poster
3-Aug-12 6:55 pm

what a cute boy you have!! So nice of the lady to say that.  It makes a world of difference when somebody makes nice comments rather than the negative ones we are so used to hearing.

Baby Bear Boy  2007 Baby Bear Boy 2010 Baby Bear Girl 2013

Joined 14-Nov-10

Top Poster
3-Aug-12 8:56 pm
Awww I would have cried too. I hate those comments I get with 3 of the same sex then expecting another DD. People need to be more like these ladies. I noticed my youngest two will be the same age as your two youngest :) Your son is going to be one popular boy among the girls.

My princessesBaby GirlBaby GirlBaby GirlBaby Girl My family is 4DDs no more LO's and moving forward knowing there will never be a little boy in my life.

Joined 13-Mar-09

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

3-Aug-12 9:11 pm

That is so sweet! It's amazing how such small things can really brighten one's day.

I remember when I was pg with DS3 and still having major GD I was having a particularly bad day and was in fact crying as I was driving into the toll booth. The toll operator was an older lady and was actually quite slow in giving me my change. I was trying to hide my tears when she noticed my belly and asked me what I was having. I said "my 3rd boy" and that was it. She looked at me with a sweet, warm smile that reminded me of my Grandmother and said "Oh honey what a blessing!". With those simple words my spirits were lifted for the rest of the day. I drove into that toll booth in tears and drove off with a smile.

owl siggy

Joined 19-May-12

3-Aug-12 10:56 pm
I've had multiple occasions where I've been out shopping with my three boys and woman will go out of their way to come tell me how lucky I am. It's so strange when I'm in the depths of GD and here there are so many people who would love to have what I do. It makes me feel grateful but at the same time very un grateful....does that makes sense?

Baby Bear BoyBaby Bear BoyBaby Bear Boy  Tubal 2011 Maybe a Baby Bear Girl someday

Joined 25-Mar-08

3-Aug-12 11:57 pm
What a lovely comment. It makes me smile just reading it. Your son is so handsome and I'm sure your little addition will be just as gorgeous! I think four of a kind is special. x
Baby Boy 2000 , Baby Boy 2003 , Baby Boy 2006 IVF PGD - 4 failed cycles 2008-2009 Putting my dream to rest 2009. Surprise baby Baby Boy 2012 . Our precious gift.

Joined 11-May-11

Top Poster
4-Aug-12 1:08 am

Southern Butterfly:

That is so sweet! It's amazing how such small things can really brighten one's day.

I remember when I was pg with DS3 and still having major GD I was having a particularly bad day and was in fact crying as I was driving into the toll booth. The toll operator was an older lady and was actually quite slow in giving me my change. I was trying to hide my tears when she noticed my belly and asked me what I was having. I said "my 3rd boy" and that was it. She looked at me with a sweet, warm smile that reminded me of my Grandmother and said "Oh honey what a blessing!". With those simple words my spirits were lifted for the rest of the day. I drove into that toll booth in tears and drove off with a smile.

Awww...   That made me all warm and fuzzy inside too!   It's amazing how just a few simple words can change your whole mood or outlook!  Happy Smile        

I am still on a "high" of hearing that. It made me feel just wonderful!! Hearts 

DH Baby Boy 40  

Joined 11-May-11

Top Poster
4-Aug-12 1:10 am

Pepita:
What a lovely comment. It makes me smile just reading it. Your son is so handsome and I'm sure your little addition will be just as gorgeous! I think four of a kind is special. x

Thank you Pepita..  How are you doing?   Happy

DH Baby Boy 40  

Joined 30-May-10

Gold

Gold Membership

4-Aug-12 9:26 am

Awww they were right it is cool.  Your kids are GORGEOUS, and to have four gorgeous kids, I don't think there is anything cooler.  Happy Smile Lucky mammy!

Mammy to a beautiful Baby Boy Sept 2009, Baby Boy Jan 2011 andBaby Girl Dec 12

Joined 21-Jul-12

4-Aug-12 11:11 am

you will get your girl,just know it.maybe next time

blue 93 blue 99 blue 02, pink 94 pink 2000 pink 05 pink 09 and finally pink 2013

Joined 11-May-11

Top Poster
4-Aug-12 2:34 pm

ALIEN:

you will get your girl,just know it.maybe next time

LOL... the ONLY way that would happen is if I have a after vasectomy SURPRISE!   

DH is getting one when he gets back from Afghanistan. 

DH Baby Boy 40  

Page: of 2