Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Anyone have a GD baby and found out at birth?

Readyforbaby3

Joined 28-Dec-10

Top Poster
23-Jul-12 9:29 am

I'm just curious what your experience was with that.  I'm still trying to decide whether to find out or not.

Baby Bear Boy  2007 Baby Bear Boy 2010 Baby Bear Girl 2013

Jen

Joined 26-Dec-10

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

23-Jul-12 10:31 am
well i only ever wanted 2 boys. i just knew that was my family, you know? the family i was meant to have. we didn't find out with the first. but i think its almost impossiable to feel sadness or disappointment when you hold your child for the first time. its hard waiting and its extreamly difficult not knowing and not finding out but once i met my daughter and i saw those big blue eyes so full of love, my heart melted and i was in no way sad or disappointed she wasn't a boy.

Baby Bear Girl01, Baby Bear Girl03, Baby Bear Girl05, Baby Bear Girl09, Baby Bear Girl10Heartbroken, Baby Bear Girl11, Baby Bear Girl11Heartbroken, Baby Bear Boy12, Baby Bear Girl13Heartbroken and another little on her way!

Claire

Joined 7-Feb-10

Top Poster
23-Jul-12 10:47 am
This is an interesting question, I have 2 boys and found out sex with both and had GD with son 2 but recovered quite quickly! I am now pregnant again and have decided that for me it may better to deal with GD with baby in my arms where as if i find out at 20 weeks I will probably mope about and miss out on enjoying my pregnancy! Hope this helps a bit x
Boy 2004 Boy 2007 Girl 2012

Jen

Joined 26-Dec-10

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

23-Jul-12 12:17 pm
if you find out its another boy now, then you will probably feel sad and bitter and angry for the rest of your pregnancy. do you really want that? enjoy every second of it. be a little fertility goddess and treat it as if its your last pregnancy... i never heard of a lady who gave birth to a darling little boy and say, "he's gross and kinda kinda ugly and covered with afterbirth... nope, i don't want this one. send him back and bring me one in pink with a bow on it please." because in that moment you will totally forget about gender. your first thought is he ok? is he just as perfect as his brothers? then you will hold him and kiss him and he will be so tiny and fragile and your heart will burst with this protective instict and from that moment on you will cherish him the rest of your days. if it is a little girl well thats just a bonus.

Baby Bear Girl01, Baby Bear Girl03, Baby Bear Girl05, Baby Bear Girl09, Baby Bear Girl10Heartbroken, Baby Bear Girl11, Baby Bear Girl11Heartbroken, Baby Bear Boy12, Baby Bear Girl13Heartbroken and another little on her way!

Readyforbaby3

Joined 28-Dec-10

Top Poster
23-Jul-12 12:44 pm

Thank you, newbaby.  This actually is my last pregnancy so I might as well enjoy.   This is gonna sound super silly and ridiculous but it will be born the end of January (g'd willing) and I'm worried they won't have winter clothes out anymore and I had a spring and fall newborn so I don't have any for a boy or girl.  But I guess I could get some gender neutral stuff, it's a shame they don't have more of that!

Baby Bear Boy  2007 Baby Bear Boy 2010 Baby Bear Girl 2013

ThInKpInK

Joined 24-Jan-12

23-Jul-12 12:55 pm

I was in the same boat as you. We had two boys, and we were expecting our 3rd child.

We decided not to find out, because I was afraid to be dissappointed if we found out it was another boy, and then I'd feel guilty the rest of my life for being dissappointed.

I felt we made the right descision. Our 3rd son was born, and I did not have any dissappointment at all! I was so happy he was here and that he was so beautiful and healthy and cute! I didn't care at all that it was another boy. Still, to this day I'm not dissappointed that we have three sons. I am dreaming of a daughter one day though! 

Good luck with your descision! Heart

Baby Bear BoyHeart Baby Bear BoyHeart Baby Bear BoyHeart Baby Bear GirlHeart

New baby due... April 16, 2015. Hoping for , but blessed either way!

Thank you God for answering my prayers!

Joined 30-Mar-12

23-Jul-12 12:58 pm

Not me, but my DHs cousin. When her 3rd DS was born she bawled and told them to him away because she didn't want him.

I wouldn't be enjoying this pregnancy even if I didn't know the gender. I was going nuts not knowing. It sucked at first but I'm coming around and starting to enjoy it. 

Baby Boy02/2008 Baby Boy11/2009 Baby Boy10/2012

Joined 29-Jul-10

Top Poster
23-Jul-12 1:18 pm
It's hard. I found out with DS3 at 17 weeks and I was super sad for a month. Then I got excited. (with little sad spells). We decided to name him after one of the best men I know (my dad) and by the time my third trimester rolled around, I was so beyond excited to meet him and I loved the though of having 3 boys.

Thank You God and Our Lady!

Jen

Joined 26-Dec-10

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

23-Jul-12 1:46 pm

thats the problem. i tried to find out because not knowing was killing me but by 32 weeks she was so squished up they couldn't tell anyway. we took one pink and one blue outfit to the hospital and my in-laws bought yellow... which was awful because she had jaundice and thats child abuse to put a yellow child in a yellow outfit. don't do that.

but this time i knew and i had my first baby shower... i was told by 5 different specalist i was going to have this micro preemie.. he was 8lbs. so now none of his clothes fit him because everyone got me preemie stuff. i have boxes and bags of teeny tiny clothes with tags still on them. on the other hand everyone bought a friend of mine 0-3 months and newborn clothes for her daughter, who came out weighing over 10lbs. she wore it for like a week. but i totally understand wanting to be prepared if it is another gender. if you think you might be disappointed then don't find out. ( if you can manage it) you love your boys, i know you wouldn't be sad looking at your newborn no matter what the gender.

Joined 15-Mar-07

Top Poster
23-Jul-12 5:31 pm
newbaby2011:
if you find out its another boy now, then you will probably feel sad and bitter and angry for the rest of your pregnancy. do you really want that? enjoy every second of it. be a little fertility goddess and treat it as if its your last pregnancy... i never heard of a lady who gave birth to a darling little boy and say, "he's gross and kinda kinda ugly and covered with afterbirth... nope, i don't want this one. send him back and bring me one in pink with a bow on it please." because in that moment you will totally forget about gender. your first thought is he ok? is he just as perfect as his brothers? then you will hold him and kiss him and he will be so tiny and fragile and your heart will burst with this protective instict and from that moment on you will cherish him the rest of your days. if it is a little girl well thats just a bonus.
So nicely said newbaby2011 !

Baby Boy+Baby Boy 2003, Baby Boy 2008 and our first pinky ariived in June! Baby Girl Hearts

Four times lucky and we are (probably Confused Huh?) done !

Thanks to all the lovely IG ladies and leaders for your support and advice over the years! Happy Celebrate

Link to my sway : http://www.in-gender.com/cs/forums/t/236361.aspx

Joined 6-Jan-12

24-Jul-12 6:33 am

I agree with newbaby2011! But I must say I would find it extremely hard not to know, as I would be so very curious. 

Baby GirlHeartbroken (passed away during birth) and 2 Baby BoyHearts Baby BoyHearts

Will we ever have another girl? A sister to my precious angel and my gorgeous boys? Hoping for a miracle...

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not, but remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." 

Joined 29-May-12

24-Jul-12 2:13 pm
For me, DH and i have decided not to find out baby's gender before birth, i wud rather not put myself through the pain of GD, i also know that once baby is in my arms, i'll be almost over GD and if it's my DG then that would be a real bonus for me..

Baby Boy 11/16/2004, Baby Bear Boy 10/03/13

Joined 16-Feb-10

29-Jul-12 12:08 pm
I decided not to find out with baby no4 due to previous experience. I didn't find out with babies 1 or 2 ... altho it had never crossed my mind that I would ever want a girl at this point so I never suffered any GD even after the babies were born. I decided on baby no 3 kinda hoping for a girl but not expecting to feel disappointed if had another boy ... didn't sway or even think about swaying. Found out at 20 weeks he was all boy and was not expecting to feel so sad, disappointed etc as I did ... in fact it ruined my pregnancy I couldn't sleep or eat it was on my mind 24/7! Right up until the birth I was suffering terrible GD and am convinced this is the reason I had a terrible labour with complications and emergency c-section. Even after all this the very minute he was born I felt an instant love and bond & although there has been times when I have felt I would still like a girl it has never affected the way I feel for my children. We are so close and they are so happy. I decided to sway for baby no 4 because I had never swayed and wanted to give myself a chance at 'trying for a girl', I became so fed up of the constant comments from friends family strangers etc about the fact I have 3 boys and my 3rd must have been an attempt at having a girl ... I just didn't ever want my 3rd son to grow up hearing that ... and although that is true for baby no 4 that I did sway for a girl I know in my heart that 4 children will make my family complete regardless of gender. I have also noticed my middle child has become increasingly jealous of both my eldest and youngest children and hope that having 4 will eliminate anyone feeling left out. I am happy with my decision that I didn't find out this time ... I am enjoying guessing & knowing that I can never feel the pain I felt during my last pregnancy. More than ever I appreciate that I have 3 amazing healthy children already and am just hoping for no complications during labour and to be blessed with one more healthy baby (regardless of gender).

Baby BoyBaby BoyBaby Boy Stayed team green until just over 2 weeks to go .... it's a girl! Nov 2012

Joined 29-Jul-12

29-Jul-12 1:32 pm
I am not finding out the gender of my baby I can not handle the fact that it is not the dg whilst I am carrying I want to enjoy the pregnancy as it is my last one regardless. I messed up my sway attempt so am convinced it is a boy and already have one adorable son whos 4Happy Smile so really really wanted a girl wanted one the first time too but wouldn't change a thing now thats what I am hoping when I meet my next one besides my son wants a bro really badly typical little boy says he doesnt like girls lol

Joined 29-Jul-12

29-Jul-12 1:32 pm
I am not finding out the gender of my baby I can not handle the fact that it is not the dg whilst I am carrying I want to enjoy the pregnancy as it is my last one regardless. I messed up my sway attempt so am convinced it is a boy and already have one adorable son whos 4Happy Smile so really really wanted a girl wanted one the first time too but wouldn't change a thing now thats what I am hoping when I meet my next one besides my son wants a bro really badly typical little boy says he doesnt like girls lol
Page: of 2