Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Sister just told me she's PG

Joined 9-Jul-08

Top Poster
17-Jul-12 5:00 pm
This is an awful thing to say, but wish I was happier. She deserves to have a kid of her own (is a stepmom to 2 little boys), she deserves happiness! And part of me is happy for her. I'm just scared of going through the same GD crap I went through when my SIL/brother were PG with my niece. It was brutal. Sad Now I have no GD towards my niece whatsoever. Maybe it helps that my mom favors my boys (she favors boys in general anyway), maybe it helps that I'm the only one living near my mom (sister lives out of state and bro lives 45 min away). I know that's an awful thing to admit but it makes me feel better. Wanna know what makes me feel even MORE like a jerk? My sister actually really hopes for me to have a girl next, and while she is slightly leaning pink she would be thrilled either way. So there- I'm a brat. Not looking forward to the next few months <sigh>.

Baby Bear Boy '06 Baby Bear Boy '09 Baby Bear Boy '11

I'm in no way "disappointed" that I have sons, I just want the chance to raise a daughter as well. Happy Wink

Want to try for a Baby Bear Girl early next year! Pray

formerly Saggyrl11

Joined 25-Jun-10

Top Poster
17-Jul-12 5:14 pm
I can TOTALLY relate to this.  So sorry Hun. :(

I love my boys!

Joined 6-Feb-12

Top Poster
17-Jul-12 5:56 pm

You are not alone,  I can relate as well.  I really hate feeling jealous, but sometimes I just can't help it!  

Joined 9-Jul-08

Top Poster
17-Jul-12 6:00 pm
Thanks ladies! I would be so ashamed if my sister knew I wrote this...I'm just admitting to you all what I can't admit to anyone IRL. Sad And to be completely honest it's not just GD but some PG jealousy as well- even though I have no desire to get PG until DS3 is at least 2 years old!!! Omg I'm so terrible!!!!!

I'm in no way "disappointed" that I have sons, I just want the chance to raise a daughter as well. Happy Wink

formerly Saggyrl11

Joined 3-Apr-11

Top Poster
17-Jul-12 6:04 pm
My sister was due 6 weeks after me, I felt I was having another boy and she would probably have a girl but I hoped she would have a boy. She found out she was having a boy and I said oh Thank goodness cuz I would have died if you told me you were having a girl... 5 days later I found out I was actually having a girl. I still feel like a Jerk for saying that ... She deserved to have a girl just a much as everyone else. GD sucks!!

Baby Boy (Ayden) May 22, 2010 Baby Girl (Ayvah) June 4, 2012 Thank you God for answering my prayers :) and a big thank you to everyone on IG for your advice and support throughout my ttc girl journey, best wishes to you all!

Joined 10-Nov-09

Top Poster
17-Jul-12 7:37 pm

When I was pg with DS2, I swear my sister got pg on purpose (one month after I found out and expressed some gd), just to try to have a girl and throw it in my face.  I was furious, even though it was her right. Her youngest was five at the time and she swore she was completely done.  Anyway, imagine my relief when she also found out it was a boy for her.  I sincerely hope that both you and your sister get your little pink bundles.  FX for you and sending you both all my pink dust.

Joined 13-Jun-10

Top Poster
17-Jul-12 8:29 pm

I'm sorry. I had a hard time with my sister's pregnancy too. Brutal is the perfect word to describe it. It was especially hard to deal with because she really had no business having kids in the first place. When I found out she was having a girl I sobbed. Once the baby was born though I was okay. She's cute but not as cute as my kids. Happy Wink

Ness

Joined 20-Aug-11

Top Poster
17-Jul-12 8:55 pm

I can relate I just found out my dad is expecting with his new wife and they are due the same time as me, I dont know how I am going to feel if he gets a boy and I get another girl. I would love my daughter if it was a girl but my dad isnt the best father and I would be heart broken if he is blessed with something I so deeply want for myself, my husband and my girls. Its hard thats for sure. 

My daughters are my world

Joined 9-Jul-08

Top Poster
18-Jul-12 8:15 am

anonymos:

When I was pg with DS2, I swear my sister got pg on purpose (one month after I found out and expressed some gd), just to try to have a girl and throw it in my face.  I was furious, even though it was her right. Her youngest was five at the time and she swore she was completely done.  Anyway, imagine my relief when she also found out it was a boy for her.  I sincerely hope that both you and your sister get your little pink bundles.  FX for you and sending you both all my pink dust.

Thanks hon! Hate to admit it but, like you, I will feel immense relief if she hears blue!

formerly Saggyrl11

Joined 9-Jul-08

Top Poster
18-Jul-12 8:19 am

Halah:

Once the baby was born though I was okay. She's cute but not as cute as my kids. Happy Wink

This is how I feel about my current niece- and also, she looks NOTHING like my kids (my dh is a different race, and my niece is blond and blue eyed, as will my sister's kids be since her dh is and his 2 kids are). I kinda like being the one in the family with the *exotic* (for lack of a better word!) looking kids...they get so much attention! Cool Thanks for posting this!! Just made me a feel a tad better!

formerly Saggyrl11

Joined 9-Jul-08

Top Poster
18-Jul-12 8:25 am

Hoping4Hubby:

I can relate I just found out my dad is expecting with his new wife and they are due the same time as me, I dont know how I am going to feel if he gets a boy and I get another girl. I would love my daughter if it was a girl but my dad isnt the best father and I would be heart broken if he is blessed with something I so deeply want for myself, my husband and my girls. Its hard thats for sure. 

I'm sorry your dad is a crappy father hon...my mom had one of those too. Grouchy She reunited with him about 9 years ago and their relationship is still rocky, she just decided it's best to not have a lot of contact and she's actually happier.

I hope you get your boy- I hope for everyone on here to be able to get rid of this GD monster.

formerly Saggyrl11

Joined 26-May-11

18-Jul-12 9:17 am
I can soooo totally relate to this!  I felt the EXACT way when both my sis n laws were preggo, I was so releived when they both was having their second boy.

Joined 15-Nov-10

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

18-Jul-12 11:27 am

I can relate, only it's just sorta different cause my sister isn't what one would call a "productive citizen". At 28 she has never had a single job to help suppport her very poor family. My parents pay their electric bill every month and provide groceries at least once a month, they pay for her kids Dr visits, prescriptions, surgeries etc, while I worked my booty off to get a masters and a great job and NEVER got financial support from my parents because I felt so bad for them having to support a grown chid who was perfectly capeable. Both times she got pregnant, were both boys and it ached me. She has said openly that she wants a girl and plans to have one more to try for a girl and how jealous she is of me and all I can think is how jealous I am of her and I'm like wow I'm jealous of a person who can't even take care of her self much less her own children. Those boys run a muck of her home, her, and everyone they are around and it saddens me because I know if she had a girl she'd pay soo much more attention to it like she does my girls.

Anyway, it's not that I'd wish bad things for her, but it amazes me how I could be jealous of her when my GD was new and fresh... luckily I dont feel that way anymore though.

"I may be small but I matter. Teach me. Love me. Believe in me. Because with your guidance, one day, when I'm all grown up, I will be someone amazing"

Baby Bear GirlAdysen 3-2007 Baby Bear GirlBaylor 7-2011 Baby Bear GirlHaidynn 1-2013

Joined 30-Mar-09

18-Jul-12 3:16 pm

Ugh, I can relate.Jealousy is the worst. I wish there was an anti-jealously pill I could pop because I can't seem to think my way out of it. Its a terrible emotion that just makes me feel guilty and ashamed. I have this one distant friend who is about to have her third kid any day now (she has 2 boys). I just know it will be a girl and i am going to be consumed with jealously. Its so stupid because I don't even want any more kids, I just don't want her to have what I couldn't. God, I am a bitch! I have pretty much risen above any GD I had regarding my own family but someone getting a girl after boys makes me crazy. If someone has one or more girls or a boy after a girl I couldn't care less but the boy then girl family gets me everytime. Its so stupid and illogical. Anyway, i am right there with you!

Joined 19-Mar-08

Top Poster
18-Jul-12 4:07 pm
So sorry that you are feeling this way.  It sucks!!  My SIL and I are both pregnant, due a week apart.  And, although I am thrilled for them (and us) to grow our family....after the initial excitement wore off I started obsessing.  I worked at talking myself down a lot.  Afterall, what's done was done...the genders were already determined.  In our family..."We don't make girls."  I have 2 sons.  SIL has 1 son.  To make matters worse, I wasn't even sure what gender I preferred!!  I just didn't want anybody else getting what they wanted either.  Residual GD is a beast.  I now prefer boys...but, don't want others having girls?!?  Eeek!  Anyway, turns out my SIL is having a boy.  Then I felt bad, I can't win.  I know the whole family can't wait to meet him.  And, she makes beautiful boys (like myself Happy Wink).  So, no reason to feel too badly...just wish I wasn't such a mental case.  Onto my baby...it's a secret.  I didn't want to know.  I didn't want to obsess.  I KNEW I would either way...it's just how my GD is.  So, unfortunately I know the gender (DH wanted to know), and still can't "let it go".  This is my last baby either way. I hope with time, I can just be happy for others. This selfish feeling stinks...big time!  Good luck to you!!  I hope things work out the way that is best for your GD. Love Ya!

Baby Boy ~ 9 Baby Boy ~ 5  Baby Girl ~ born Oct.30, 2012!!!

Page: of 2