Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Can you try for girl after ovulation?

Joined 11-Jul-12

15-Jul-12 12:26 pm

I was just wondering, as everyone is saying try up to 2 days before ovulation. Could I try after ovulation for a girl too? The last baby I had was a girl, we lost her at 21 weeks unfortunately, but we concieved her about 4 weeks after my af I have af every 6-8 weeks Would that be a good time to try again for another girl? Or does it have to be before ovulation?

Also I have thrush at the moment, would that or the med for it I have to use help with getting a girl or hinder it?

Baby Bear Girl  Pray 

Joined 15-Mar-07

Top Poster
17-Jul-12 1:36 am
So sorry about the loss of your little girl :( I did o+ 12 ( ovulation plus 12 hours ) in my girl sway, and we conceived a girl. A lot of ladies on here have more success on here with o+12 rather than a cut off. I would think having thrush would be a sign that you would favor conceiving a boy at that time, as thrush thrives in an alkaline environment, and so do male sperm !

Baby Boy+Baby Boy 2003, Baby Boy 2008 and our first pinky ariived in June! Baby Girl Hearts

Four times lucky and we are (probably Confused Huh?) done !

Thanks to all the lovely IG ladies and leaders for your support and advice over the years! Happy Celebrate

Link to my sway : http://www.in-gender.com/cs/forums/t/236361.aspx

Joined 29-Apr-12

Top Poster
17-Jul-12 5:52 am
threewillys what did you do for your sway.  I'm planning on TTC in early August doing O + 12.  How did you know you were at O + 12?

Baby Boy 2010 ; Baby Boy 2011 ; Baby Girl 2013

Thanks IG, for helping me make my dream a reality!

Lilypie Maternity tickers

My sway: http://www.in-gender.com/cs/forums/p/253910/2366711.aspx#2366711

Joined 5-May-10

Top Poster
17-Jul-12 5:18 pm

You can conceive after you ovulate but only for a certain number of hours.  O+12 is a very popular way to sway for a girl.  It can be hard to predict though if you don't have normal cm (many women have their cm change from the girl diet) and the older you are the less time your egg will be viable after ovulation.  If you want to try O+12 there is a great post by Bequita in this forum called O+12 idiot guide that gives you step by step instructions on how to do this.  Good luck!

Baby Boy2000  Baby Boy2004  Baby Boy2007  Waiting for our Baby Girl to join us in March!

Joined 15-Mar-07

Top Poster
18-Jul-12 7:25 pm
Hi Nes, for my sway I pretty much followed the seven sway factors recommended by Tamara. I followed the diet pretty strictly, and I also believe timing is important because if you do o+12, this means lower ph and hostile cm which both favour girl. I tracked my cm and cp closely for a few months leading up to our attempts to get a bit of an idea as to when I would ovulate. I also invested in an Ovacue fertility monitor which was great..,expensive though! I used hundreds of opk's and became best friends with my cervix. I also had some ovulation tracking blood tests done as I have pcos, and my gp wanted to check that I was actually releasing an egg. The tracking would give me an idea when ovulation would be soon..they would say ' sometime in the next 24/48 hrs you will ovulate, so I knew from then to watch it like a hawk. That in combination with using the ovacue and monitoring cm, cp and ovulation pain, I could gain a fair idea of when it roughly occurred. Hope this helps...! My sway is also listed in the swaying attempts and outcomes forum.....GL!

Baby Boy+Baby Boy 2003, Baby Boy 2008 and our first pinky ariived in June! Baby Girl Hearts

Four times lucky and we are (probably Confused Huh?) done !

Thanks to all the lovely IG ladies and leaders for your support and advice over the years! Happy Celebrate

Link to my sway : http://www.in-gender.com/cs/forums/t/236361.aspx
Page: of 1