Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

TTC Girl in Fall 2012

Joined 21-May-12

Gold

Gold Membership

15-Jul-12 3:32 am

Is there anyone TTC girl this fall? I hope you will join me here. We are starting our diet now, and I can't wait to start trying. I have been doing research in the forum since May, but I still have a lot of questions. Maybe we can share some of our experiences in this thread?

Lots of pink dust! Baby Bear Girl

Baby Boy 2009     |     Baby Girl  2013 ?

Joined 6-Jul-12

Top Poster
15-Jul-12 8:51 pm
Me! Well, late fall or early winter technically. We are debating on starting to in Nov or Dec, and if I'm not pregnant yet, then it will be into early winter of 2013. I also have questions that I haven't found answers to. I haven't started the diet yet, but I have started tracking my BBT this week and have added in sugar free gum, CL and have started to cut down on sodium and adding in more calcium. I plan to buy supplements and start those soon as well.

Baby Bear Boy 2002 Baby Bear Boy 2007 Heartbroken 2007 Heartbroken 2012 Heartbroken 2013 and FINALLY a due August 11th, 2014!

Joined 28-Jun-12

15-Jul-12 10:20 pm
Hi ladies! I'm planning to sway this fall/wInter too. I've been reading up for a few months now, but haven't started the diet. Just wondering when I should start since some of the ladies in other forums have mentioned that they think their diet may have messed with their cycles. Also, maybe it's just me, but is anyone else sort of afraid to sway for fear that if it doesn't work the GD would be worse? Or maybe I just feel scared to admit to myself that I'd really prefer a DD instead of just a healthy baby. Good luck TTC everyone!
DD 2005 ~ DS1 2007 ~ DS2 2011 ~ Praying for DD2 in 2013

Joined 6-Jul-12

Top Poster
15-Jul-12 11:18 pm
They say to start the diet at least 6 weeks before TTC because it can take a little while for the PH to lower. I haven't heard of the diet messing with cycles, but I have heard that certain supplements can, like Vitex. I can't remember which others can. Vitex can actually help regulate your cycles, but that still means your cycles might be different than what you're used to. I definitely have a fear of the sway not working. I think I can say I would be legitimately devastated. I would get over it, but I would have to really work through the sadness of it being another boy.

Baby Bear Boy 2002 Baby Bear Boy 2007 Heartbroken 2007 Heartbroken 2012 Heartbroken 2013 and FINALLY a due August 11th, 2014!

Joined 21-May-12

Gold

Gold Membership

16-Jul-12 4:04 am

Thank you so much for joining, and - hi! Happy Smile

I've also read that you should start 6 weeks before TTC. We have started our diet now, and that will be about 7 weeks before first period. I don't think the diet will mess up my cycle, but I know for shure I will loose weight. If you are skinny being too skinny can cause anovulation, so it's important to not loose too much weight.

I'm also afraid the swaying wont work. I too would be devastated, but it's good to know we're doing everything we can. If it's not meant to be, then I just have to deal with it. But I know I will be crying after my ultrasound if it's a boy. Because I will feel that I've lost a girl... Not because I don't want a boy.

Joined 6-Jul-12

Top Poster
16-Jul-12 8:22 am
I will probably cry as well! And just great..I weigh like 100 lbs, so I guess I really need to watch my calories and not drop weight! I think the diet and restricting what I eat is gonna be so hard. I loooooove salty stuff. No wonder I have two boys, lol.

ThInKpInK

Joined 24-Jan-12

16-Jul-12 3:03 pm

Yep, we're going to give it a try this fall as well! 

We have 3 beautiful little boys, ages 4, 3 & 1. We didn't want to ttc until we were at peace with the fact that we might have a 4th son. I'll probably be dissappointed if it is another boy, but will love him just the same. 

I've started some supplements and I'm watching my diet. With the other 3 we conceived right when I was O, so this time we're doing it different ;-)

Oh, and I'm also praying every night for a daughter... 

Good luck to you all, glad we can help and support each other. 

Joined 6-Jul-12

Top Poster
16-Jul-12 5:15 pm

I'm praying for one too, and I can't see any reason why God wouldn't want me to have a daughter when I've dreamed of having one my whole life, but he knows better than me. Hopefully He's in agreement with me, lol.

Do any of you have your sway plan figured out yet? I have PH strips but my CM doesn't react to them. Tamara put in the FAQ that some women can't use strips if their CM doesn't react to them. I'm ordering a digital PH meter in a few min, and after I get it, I plan to check mine and my DH's PH and then start adding ONE supplement at a time to check how my body reacts to it, since some supplements can raise PH in some people. Then once I figure out which supplements do or don't work, I will know what to stick with and what amounts work for me. I think the diet is going to be VERY hard for me because I'm not a big milk drinker, I hate fish and I love salt! Embarrassed

Joined 21-May-12

Gold

Gold Membership

18-Jul-12 2:52 am

I also struggle with the diet because we eat a lot of salt normally. AF came today, a little earlier than expected. I think we must start with dietary supplements now if we are to do six weeks in total. We may have to postpone TCC even if my cycles are so short. But then we'll have time for more weeks staying on the diet.

Does anyone know if one can use rye or oats in bread? I've baked some bread, but here in Norway we are accustomed to dark bread, they are healthier and more satisfying than those that are only made ​​with wheat I think.

I also wonder if one can use oil for frying / baking? Which in that case?

Now we have been on the diet for four days and already I feel my body is changing. Maybe because I feel kind of hungry all the time. It will be interesting to see how this develops. Luckily I have DH on the team. He is as eager to check his pH as me. Lol.

Maybe we can share some dietary tips? We eat chicken, fish, pasta, bread, tzatziki, eggs, drink milk and cranberry juice, yoghurt.

Jessica

Joined 30-Jan-12

18-Jul-12 9:57 am
I'm starting to TTC a girl this Oct/Nov 2012!! :)

Joined 3-May-12

18-Jul-12 10:14 am

hi ladies i am going to ttc in maybe oct nov time no set date yet,

i have 3 sons 11,7 and 3

my 3rd ds was failed sway (but tbh i didnt try very hard) i cried my eyes out after ultrasound and was so down after but once he was born it really didnt matter anymore, but ..... this will be my last child so i am desperate for a princess ,

i have been researching for a while now, ive started taking supps so has dh, but not started diet yet as omgggggggg its so hard we love salt !! and i am really seeing that most women who have boys love salt !!

my dh has a dd from a previous relationship Mad Furious  which makes it worse for me ha ha , but i am going to do everything i can to get my girl and if its a boy then at least i know i tried !!

it will be great to have you guys to talk things through with lets hope we can all get our little girls   Hearts

Baby Bear Boy 2001   Baby Bear Boy 2005 Baby Bear Boy 2009 Sad Flower2013 Pray for a Baby Bear Girl praying and swaying fx Hearts

Joined 2-Jul-12

18-Jul-12 12:41 pm

Yay! Hello ladies, we are going to start TTC in Sept. I've been on the diet pretty strictly for a week and a half. I've lost 4 lbs & yes the diet sucks. I hate the bland food, watching my kids eat all the good stuff is so hard. My DH is following the diet too, but not as strictly as I am. We are both taking the supplements too.

I have 2 boys 3 1/2 & 17 months. This will be our last baby and I am desperate for a girl. I too will cry after the sonogram if its another boy, but I know I will get over it and love the baby no matter what!

Everything is so confusing, all the testing, tracking, timing....soooo overwhelming. I think I have some kind of handle on it, but I'm so happy to have this group to ask questions!! Happy Smile

Baby Bear Boy  2008  Baby Bear Boy 2011 Baby Bear Girl TTC Sept 2012    

Joined 6-Jul-12

Top Poster
18-Jul-12 9:12 pm

Yep, it is all quite confusing and overwhelming. I've been on the site for about a week now, and have already learned SO much more than I knew before. Here is my plan so far, but I'm sure changes will be made since it's a few months away:

Me- Calcium, Magnesium, Folic Acid, and possibly Cranberry and Vitex depending on how I feel with the first three. I'm actually only going to add ONE supplement at a time and see how it affects my pH because some of them can raise your pH, and I think by doing one at a time, I would be able to tell which ones are or aren't working for me. I also plan to stick to the diet as much as possible, and at very least, stay away from the big no no foods. I have added in the generic Walmart brand CL drink powder into my water for Aspartame, and have been adding Equal packets to everything as well for even more Aspartame. I might try Acidophilus as well if I can't get my pH down enough. I'm going to start drinking only bottled Aquafina or Dasani water. I've tried to not eat breakfast, but I'm STARVING in the morning Surprise

DH- Calcium, Magnesium, Licorice Root, and possibly Cranberry. He's also going to cut out caffiene 2 weeks before we start TTC (he loves drinking soda).

Both of us will take Sudafed an hour or so before each attempt.

I purchased 100 OPK strips, a digital pH meter, along with the buffer and cleaning solutions, bought lavender oil, and plan to buy a microscope as well.

Dh is gonna do FR because he just isn't up for abstaining 7+ days.

Both of us take hot showers right before each attempt.

We plan to do TBM and I haven't decided if I'm going to do EGS and do the SU method. I'm going to practice before we try and see if I can get it right.

For negative ions, I'm going to get negative ion bracelets, take hot shower every day (already do that anyway), blow dry my hair with my ion blow dryer, put lavender oil on our pillows, blankets, etc, stay away from computer the week of each attempt, put salt rock lamps and plants around the house, paint my nails a few times a week.

I plan to do O+12, but I'm really nervous about being able to catch the change of my cervix.

I also plan to do Rephresh every 3 days the week before each attempt to keep pH down and I'm pretty sure I'm going to do the homemade  vinegar/calcium douche as long as it doesn't raise my pH, because Tamara says it's the best one to use as long as it's okay with your pH. If not that, then I'll do the lime. I will continue to check my pH every half hour after each attempt and keep my pH lowered for the next couple days, and put a lime tampon in for 4 hours after each attempt.

Haven't decided about whether or not to do jump and dump, lay with my hips elevated or to do the diva cup yet.

I think the hardest thing for me, is going to be the diet! Angry

Angela

Joined 20-Jul-11

Top Poster
18-Jul-12 9:36 pm
Littlemo:

I also struggle with the diet because we eat a lot of salt normally. AF came today, a little earlier than expected. I think we must start with dietary supplements now if we are to do six weeks in total. We may have to postpone TCC even if my cycles are so short. But then we'll have time for more weeks staying on the diet.

Does anyone know if one can use rye or oats in bread? I've baked some bread, but here in Norway we are accustomed to dark bread, they are healthier and more satisfying than those that are only made ​​with wheat I think.

I also wonder if one can use oil for frying / baking? Which in that case?

Now we have been on the diet for four days and already I feel my body is changing. Maybe because I feel kind of hungry all the time. It will be interesting to see how this develops. Luckily I have DH on the team. He is as eager to check his pH as me. Lol.

Maybe we can share some dietary tips? We eat chicken, fish, pasta, bread, tzatziki, eggs, drink milk and cranberry juice, yoghurt.

Baby Bear Boy  Baby Bear BoyBaby Bear Boy  Baby Bear GirlBorn Aug 5, 2012 at 39 weeks 5 days

Joined 18-Jul-12

19-Jul-12 6:53 am

Hello, my name is Paola and i write from Italy

i want start my TTC Girl in october, but  my ovulation is always a full moon [:'(]

I am really desperate!!!

Baby Boy2006  Baby Boy2010  praying for a princess Baby Girl

Page: of 30