Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Spring 2013 Due Date TTC Girl

Joined 25-Jan-12

10-Jul-12 11:47 am

OK here we go. For all of us with a due date in March 2013 this is our thread.

Now that the BFP is achieved, how are we going to survive the wait until the first gender scan???? With fries and ketchup??? Happy  LOL

Joined 5-May-10

Top Poster
10-Jul-12 1:46 pm

Yes!  And lots of chocolate!  The next couple months are going to be harder than the 2ww!  I may go online and do some of the gender prediction "tests" just to see what it says this time.  With DS3 all of them said girl, so to me they aren't reliable.  Maybe if they say boy this time I have a chance :)

Baby Boy2000  Baby Boy2004  Baby Boy2007  Waiting for our Baby Girl to join us in March!

Joined 10-Dec-11

10-Jul-12 3:13 pm

I scheduled my first ob appointment for the 26th.  They'll do my first scan then to get measurements a gestational age, check the heartbeat, etc.  Won't be able to see much of the little bean yet, but I'm still excited.  Hopefully, it'll also be able to confirm for me when I did indeed ovulate (it'll still probably be when it appears to be by my temp chart, being 3 days late, but I'd be happy to discover the baby a few days older, which means that my actual sway attempt would be the sperm that got in there and I'd feel happier about my sway).

Yeah, DH and I have been eating all kinds of junk food and sweets since my bfp :P

Baby Bear Boy'05, Baby Bear Boy'07, Baby Bear Boy'10 - got a bfp in June, baby Baby Bear Boy #4!

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Joined 5-May-10

Top Poster
10-Jul-12 3:48 pm
Your first scan, that is exciting!!  I have my first appointment this Thursday but it will just be to meet my new OB cause the OB I had with my other pg retired :( and to ask questions, discuss meds I am taking, etc.  I am assuming I won't get any scans until later since I know the date of conception.  I am a little concerned that since I am 36 and considered high risk that I may have problems.  I know this will probably not be an issue since I am still healthy and didn't have problems with my other pregnancies but I am still worried.  Maybe because I have gone through so much with the sway and ttc that makes me paranoid.  I wonder if they will be doing more scans and tests now, do either of you know?  I don't want to overdo it on the testing though cause insurance won't cover tests until I meet my deductible so don't want to end up with a huge bill if I don't need to.  Last pg I had alot of bleeding at 12 weeks and thought I miscarried so I rented a fetal heart monitor for a couple months.  I may do that again just to give me piece of mind between appointments.  So I am trying to find sweet things to drink during the pregnancy.  I became hooked on drinking CL so plain water just isn't that great anymore lol.  I really don't want to keep drinking CL cause of the aspartame and don't want juices or other high sugar drinks, what do you think would be a good option?  Are there any artificial sweeteners that are okay during pregnancy?  So glad we have this thread now, I have posted other places and never know if I will get a response and don't want to post a lot of pg questions in the other thread, even though I know everyone would be super helpful :)

Baby Boy2000  Baby Boy2004  Baby Boy2007  Waiting for our Baby Girl to join us in March!

Joined 9-Jun-12

Top Poster
10-Jul-12 9:46 pm

hey ladies, im not prego but just thought id pop in here and tell ya all to try out Ramzi theory with your 6-8 week ultrasounds!!

Baby Bear Boy2006     Baby Bear Boy2010  Pray ttc a Baby Bear Girl

Joined 25-Jan-12

10-Jul-12 10:26 pm

Jedie - when is your due date? I just went by LMP and according to the internet it's March 22. Do you want to find out the gender?

Kat - I'm 39!!! I had my first baby with 37 and I didn't do any special exams or tests then either. Not planning on having any during this pregnancy. I'm with a group of midwives and I love it. They try to do everything as natural as possible (of course I'm not talking about medication free birth Happy Wink). Give me a lot of pain killers, I want to feel as little as possible. Had an epidural last time, but it didn't numb the whole area and they decided to have me push him out instead of repeating the epidural. It was painful enough. I don't need more! Unfortunately I think the midwives don't do gender scans. So imight have to go and get a paid one. Do you know where and when you can get it? What's the earliest for gender determination? I don't know how to make it through the next weeks without finding out!!!! If you have tips on that!

I've been cheating on the diet a lot after our attempt. Like I mentioned previously we attended my SIL's wedding and had a 4. of July party at our house. Since then I've been eating chocolate (I ususally eat sooo much I shouldn't even be talking about that), drinking soda (which I usually don't) and eating salty (like olives etc.). I didn't really have any pregnancy symptoms, but everything "seemed" like I'm pregnant. Imagine I ordered more cheap OPK's on Amazon and received a book instead!!! Never happened to me before! I could return it for a refund but they were not able to send me what I ordered. I would have to order it again. I did not because I thought: this is a sign! Everything just lined up perfectly with the parties, my planned cruise and so on. 

Maybe I have time to post my attempt tomorrow. Here's a short version: BD after a month (!) of abstinence only once a few hours before O. I had very little EWCM. The combined pH was 5.2 so I used Rephresh to lower it = didn't relly work, then I freaked and used lime douche every hour = it still didn't seem to go below 5.0 - 5.2 (maybe I was just not getting the mixed stuff for testing IDK). After that I used lime tampons which actually did keep pH down. I was watching pH for 2-3 days, because my rise in temp didn't happen. That's why I'm not absolutely sure when I Oed. I was very strict on the diet and supps, DH was just for diner on the diet with me involuntarily hahaha. He said when are we going to stop having chicken, green beens and leeks? The first time I told him when I get pregnant, after that I only said you know when hahaha

I feel pretty good about our attempt although I didn't go down to 4.5 in pH. I liked Alsestis sway, maybe you read that one, she seemed to have really put a lot of research into it and she got a girl. Strange enough I think when I got pregnant something kicked in and all of a sudden I didn't care that much about the gender anymore?!?! Did you experience that?

Sorry for the long post, but I'm still sooo excited I got a BFP! Oh and pregnancy symptoms: I had some milk leak out of my breasts (stopped breast feeding my son less than a year ago, then no PMS (very unusual for me), also a little bit nauseous (can that already be MS?). 

Joined 5-May-10

Top Poster
11-Jul-12 2:45 am
Hearts I had never heard of the Ramzi theory before so just read about it, very interesting. Not sure if I will be getting a scan that early but if I do I will definitely ask about it. Julia I am glad to hear that you have been through a pregnancy at 37 with no issues. Not sure why I am so worried about it except I read too much on the Internet lol. I need to stop stressing and enjoy this time! Great sway btw, I can't wait until we can get our 12 week nub shots. You guys are finding out gender right? I am still up in the air about it, I kind of like the idea of a surprise. Maybe I will just get the nub shot and that's it, then post the pic and see who's right when the baby comes! That's funny that you said that about not caring about gender now that you're pg cause I felt that way today, just happy to have my BFP and a baby soon. Hope I can hang onto that if it's not a girl!

Joined 10-Dec-11

11-Jul-12 11:24 am

Yup, we'll be finding out gender as long as baby cooperates.  With DS2, we never got a clear view of things even with 3 scans to check, so I'm hoping this one will be more cooperative.  I like to be able to plan and pick a name and get an identity set for the baby rather than just being "the baby."  Obviously we're still hoping for a girl, and I'd be a little sad if it was another boy (more because this will be our last and I'll never have a girl), but a boy would fit right in with his brothers.  Assuming O on cd15, I'd be due March 1st.  However, my temp chart shows that I O'ed on cd 18 (3 days late), so I'll be due March 4th.  I've had 3 c-sections, and I know they like to schedule them early; however, I'd like to bake this little one as long as possible.  I don't have a history of going into labor early, so I'm hoping that I can go all the way up to my due date.

As for symptoms, I've been really tired in the afternoons for the last couple weeks.  For a while, I had just a little brief wave of nausea in mid-afternoon and having a snack would help.  However, for the last couple of nights, I've been really nauseous later in the evening after I put the kids to bed.  I was really worried that I was going to throw up last night, but it didn't happen yet.  So different from my others where I still had the afternoon nausea, but I'd wake up and dry heave first thing most mornings. I think it might be certain foods that aren't agreeing with my stomach at dinner, but haven't figured them out yet to avoid.  My breasts still aren't very tender this time around, but it's been longer since breastfeeding this time around (weaned DS3 just under a year ago), so that probably explains that.

DH has been pretty excited with me about this baby, but both of us have had a few moments of "holy cow - we're having a 4th baby, what on earth were we thinking!" lately as the older boys have had some wild times this summer.  I'm so glad that DS2 is going into kindergarten this year (his October birthday is after the date cut-off to be 5 to start, but the district will test kids with fall birthdays to see if they're ready - and he passed with really good scores!  I'm soooooo proud of him!), so I'll have DS3 alone at home for most of the day during the school year and then just him and the baby for the rest.  I can handle that :)

I hope everyone else is feeling good this time around!

Baby Bear Boy'05, Baby Bear Boy'07, Baby Bear Boy'10 - got a bfp in June, baby Baby Bear Boy #4!

Joined 10-Dec-11

11-Jul-12 11:30 am

Oh, and Kats I'm right there with you about finding a good drink.  Water's been tasting funny to me, as has the aspartame in the CL (which I also finally got to start enjoying after drinking so much, too).  Been making do with ice water, which seems to taste a little better right now.  I've been wanting to eat a lot of cheese lately, but no other real food cravings or aversions yet.  Oh, I do thinking that I should start staying away from tomatoes again.  We had spaghetti last night and I'm pretty sure it was the tomato sauce that set off my nausea last night.  I did have that with my other 3.

Joined 5-May-10

Top Poster
12-Jul-12 2:15 am

Is anyone having a lot of cramping?  I have had menstrual type cramping since 4dpo and it's been every single day and usually worse at night.  I don't remember having this much cramping with my other pregnancies so I was wondering if it was normal.  I do have an appt. tomorrow with the OB so I will ask them as well.  Also I am already starting to get heartburn already, and just thinking about tomato sauce when you mentioned it jedie gave me heartburn lol.  This is gonna be a long 9 months!

Joined 12-Jul-12

12-Jul-12 5:25 am

Hi ladies,

Mind if I join in?  EDD 25th March 2013.

2 Baby Bear Boy Baby Bear Boy boys, hoping its a Baby Bear Girl girl.  Sort of tried the shettles method, conceived 4 days before ovulating, but thats about it!]

sticky dust to all x  Happy

Baby Bear Boy 2008, Baby Bear Boy 2010, BFP 10th July 2012 Happy Smile

Joined 25-Jan-12

12-Jul-12 7:10 am

Macky-G:

Hi ladies,

Mind if I join in?  EDD 25th March 2013.

2 Baby Bear Boy Baby Bear Boy boys, hoping its a Baby Bear Girl girl.  Sort of tried the shettles method, conceived 4 days before ovulating, but thats about it!]

sticky dust to all x  Happy

Welcome Macky-G - Congrats on your BFP!!!! Any pregnancy symptoms?

Kat - I don't have any cramping or heartburn (so far), but I didn't have that with my first pregnancy either. Another symptom I do have is frequent urination!!!! I'm in the bathroom even more than before when I was constantly measuring pH or putting something in there Happy Wink Glad those times are over!!! Oh and I'm soooooo hungry! Maybe because I lost over 10lbs being on that IG diet. My appetite didn't really increase in my first pregnancy?!?! I hope I don't gain too much weight during this one....Worried. I'm sure when MS kicks in the appetite will be gone hahaha I wish I could skip that!!!!! Pray

Joined 10-Dec-11

12-Jul-12 9:29 am

Kats - I have had some cramping (from a few days before missed af all the way until now), but not very severe.  Honestly, I think it's my uterus already starting to stretch.  I haven't put on more than a couple pounds since stopping the IG diet, but my tummy is poofing out already!!!!  I think the more babies you've had, the more and earlier you stretch with the next.  I've been complaining about how fat I feel already to DH and he keeps telling me how beautiful I am.  Not what I'm wanting when I'm looking for help being in a grump, but it does diffuse the bad mood every time :P

Yup, I'm having some heartburn too.  Usually that doesn't start until my babies are bigger and putting pressure on my stomach, but it's there already.  I've been waking up at night to pee and eat Tums already.  I have been pretty hungry, but also noticed that when I'm full it stays full for a long time and if I eat or drink anything else when I'm full, it makes me nauseous.  Took a while for the morning sickness to kick in but it seems to be here now.

I need my morning cup of coffee but this morning it just sounds disgusting to me :(

Joined 5-May-10

Top Poster
12-Jul-12 4:20 pm
Macky, welcome!  So you only did Shettles, no diet, ph testing, dh torturing lol, etc.for your sway?  Praying pink for you!!  Jedie I wonder if we are having early symptoms because it's our 4th baby?  With my other 3 I didn't feel symptoms until later but with this one I have the cramping, low back pain, heartburn, and my lower abdomen already sticks out a little.  I did gain a few pounds on the stupid diet but it couldn't have gone all to my stomach.  I too have been eating every thing in sight.  Only certain things sound good but I can't keep up with my hunger.  The other night I was eating leftover tacos at 10pm at night cause they sounded good!  I am really going to have to watch myself so I don't put on a bunch of weight.  Prior to getting pg I was the smallest I have been since high school and felt really good, I would hate to gain it all back cause of being pregnant.  I have been very irritable too, I have had no patience for my kids and even yelled at my mom the other night for something minor.  Just waiting for the MS to show up, so I can truly feel crappy.  Usually once that starts I am not able to drink coffee at all.  I am already stocked up on peppermint tea bags :)  Oh well, I am going to enjoy every discomfort I get because I am thrilled to be having another baby and this will be my last one too.  I am really excited for the next 9 months and if it's a girl I will be absolutely elated.  So glad you guys are here and we are all going through the same thing, it is going to make the time go by faster and be like going through pg with a group of friends.

Joined 10-Dec-11

12-Jul-12 5:19 pm

My 7 year old just figured out that I was pregnant this afternoon.  Wasn't going to tell them for a while yet since they don't have a great concept of time and 9 months is a looooong time for little ones and we didn't want to deal with the baby version of "are we there yet?" constantly.  My stomach's been upset for a lot of the last 3 or 4 days and I told them that it wasn't sick bugs making me feel sick.  So, DS1 then remembered that I had tummy trouble when I was pregnant before and asked if there was a baby in my tummy.  My jaw just dropped that he remembered that!  So, we all had a good chat about how the baby was only about the size of a piece of rice at this point and that it was a long time before it would be born, and that no, we don't know if it's a girl baby or a boy baby yet. I hope that if they know why my tummy hurts that they will listen a little better when I'm not feeling good.

I was thinking that it was odd that I went for so long (relative to my other pregnancies when I felt sick from about when af was missed) without any MS - and then it hit this week.  It's still mostly in the afternoon/evening this time, though.  Oooh, I'd forgotten about peppermint tea for nausea - going to try that tonight!

Page: of 60