Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Anyone TTC a Girl in July 2012 . . . please post here!

Joined 24-Apr-10

Top Poster
7-Jul-12 8:54 pm

Hey Ladies I am TTC a girl this month and I am looking for cycle buddies to chat with while swaying for a girl!

I would love to know where you are in your cycle and what you are doing to sway for a girl!  Here is my info:

For my sway attempt I am reducing my red meat, increasing my dairy, and cutting out all caffeine.  I have also been drinking cranberry juice and crystal light to help decrease my ph.  I am currently on cd3 so this cycle has just started for me.  I have been tracking my BBT on FertilityFriend and it is estimating my O to happen sometime between July 21-24th.

I plan on taking Sudafed everynight from the 16-24th to help with ph level.  Also, on days that I notice fertile cm I plan on doing a lemon douche.  I will start bd'ing on the 16th and OPK's on the 18th. I am in debate as to rather or not I am going to continue to bd after I get a + OPK.  I know that I am not going to do the O+12 method because I believe that my dh's swimmers are just too fast and the boys will get there first.   

Do any of you believe that the moon phase, moon sign, or your biorhythms can affect your sway? I'm not sure if I believe it or not. If it does affect the gender of the baby then (if I'm reading it correctly) this month I will conceive a boy.  What do you think:

7/17: Cancer(female) / Bio = weak female

7/18: Cancer / CRITICAL DAY GIRL / Bio = weak female

7/19: Cancer/Leo(male) / NEW MOON (female) / Bio = weak female

7/20: Leo / Bio = weak female

7/21: Leo / Bio = weak female

7/22: Virgo(female) / Bio = weak female

7/23: Virgo / Bio = weak male

7/24: Libra(male) / Bio = weak male

Now from what I understand these are based on conception.  So if my egg gets fertilized between the 20-24th it will most likely be a boy.  If anyone understands this better then me then please enlighten me on all of this.  I think that starting to bd on the 16th might help me build up the number of female sperm waiting for the egg but I'm afraid that the fresh male sperm will have a strength advantage.  Again, what do you think?

For all those who understand all this I will attach my Biorhythms chart:

http://www.cycletourist.com/biochart/biochart.php?name=&birthmonth=10&birthdate=8&birthyear=1980&chartmonth=7&chartyear=2012&lunar=1&tz=10&chart=FromForm

I read somewhere that my dh's Bio's are just as important in this as mine are so here is his chart:

http://www.cycletourist.com/biochart/biochart.php?name=&birthmonth=2&birthdate=2&birthyear=1978&chartmonth=7&chartyear=2012&lunar=1&tz=10&chart=FromForm

Another theory that I have recently heard of ties into an OWT about which side you should sleep on.  It states that male embryos are weaker then female embryos so they implant on the right side of the uterus where there is better blood flow.  In this theory you can predict the gender of your baby in the first trimester based on which side it has implanted on.  So does the side you sleep on really affect the gender or conception?

OWT's:

I got a wooden spoon under my bed for fertility.

I didn't have any pink ribon to put under the bed so I put a purple ribbon under there. (With my last child I put a pink ribbon under the bed and still got a boy!)

I put a baby girl's outfit under the bed. (Did this one last time as well.)

Then I found some pink hair bows which I put under the bed along with all the other stuff!

As a side note:

DS1: Bio = strong male / Virgo (female) / leading up to New Moon

DS2: Bio = strong male / Critical Male / Aquarius (male) / leading up to New Moon

So I would love to hear your thoughts!  I would also love to hear what you are doing to sway and where you are in your cycle!

Good Luck Ladies!!!!

2006 Baby Boy    2010 Baby Boy        7/12: BFP PrayBaby Girl  hCG 180 @ 13dpo then 2101 @ 17dpo 

Heart 111 @ 6wks3days     Heart 165 @ 8wks3days     Heart 209bpm @ 10wks2days     Heart 147 @ 12wks2days     Heart 151 @ 18wks     Heart 158 @ 20wks3days   

Gender Prediction in Early PregnancyPost

SoReady's - Sway for a GirlPost

[/url]

Joined 28-Mar-10

Top Poster
8-Jul-12 3:58 pm
Hi Just wanted to introduce myself Af due at weekend so this will be my first month of trying. Came off bcp end of may, but didn't try as was on holidays etc and wanted to see how first cycle went with O and cm. My plan this cycle will be O+12 for a few cycles and see how they go(ab 7 days) Been on diet for 8weeks it's not been as bad as I thought( have had a few cheats )!!!! Sorry cant help with moon charts never looked into them,but I'm sure someone will help with that. As for OWT don't really believe in them either, I done then all with ds3!!!! Look what happen there lol, from what I read etc I do believe PH is the key With all my boys I dtd every other day, so going to try 1 time. ( my diet was very boy though red meat and saltetc) Fingers cross for both of us and sending you pink dust Nikki xxx
boy 2002. Boy 2009. Boy 2010
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes.

Expecting Oct 2014!!!!!!!!!

Joined 13-Jun-12

8-Jul-12 5:44 pm
Hello ladies! I am currently in a 2ww after my June attempt but af could possibly show so I will be joining here I'm sure! Good luck! We did a 2.5 day cutoff and diet etc to lower ph so we shall see! I think if I get bfn then for June I am doing 7day abstinence with o+12. Anxious to hear your attempts and outcomes!

Joined 24-Apr-10

Top Poster
9-Jul-12 3:15 am

Nikki - Welcome! I am excited to have another person to talk with about this.  I was thinking about O+12 but I havent heard of anyone being able to do them with regular OPK's.  Most people do them with the Clearblue Happy Smile OPK's.  I am in Australia and I haven't seen any of those here.  I looked into ordering them from the US but they wont get here by the time I need them.  What kind of OPK's are you planning on using?  Another problem I have with O+12 is that it is recommended that you check your cervix to really do this method but I cant reach mine.  I have tried several times but it is just too far back there.

I'm not 100% sure that I am going to do the cut off method (it was just a thought).  I'm wondering if I lower my ph with the diet changes that I am going to make + the sudafed + the lemon douche, then maybe bd'ing through O will produce lots of girls to fertilize my egg.  I just don't know.  Keep me posted on when you reach cd1.

Pedsrn - Welcome!  Good Luck this month.  What makes you think that af will show up?  What did you do for your attempt? 

2006 Baby Boy    2010 Baby Boy        7/12: BFP PrayBaby Girl  hCG 180 @ 13dpo then 2101 @ 17dpo 

Heart 111 @ 6wks3days     Heart 165 @ 8wks3days     Heart 209bpm @ 10wks2days     Heart 147 @ 12wks2days     Heart 151 @ 18wks     Heart 158 @ 20wks3days   

[/url]

Joined 28-Mar-10

Top Poster
9-Jul-12 3:56 am
So, I'm not good at checking my cervix,mine doesn't do what it's meant to do!!!!! OPK I'm going to be using cb smile face one, then I'm going by cm not cervix, so my plan will be once I get smile I will get checkingcm and wait for change then dtd and keep fx lol, if that don't work then I'm going to try O day only. I'm not doing douche yet, hoping I can keep it down with diet and replen,rephresh and sylk Nikki Ps welcome pedsm
boy 2002. Boy 2009. Boy 2010
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes.

Expecting Oct 2014!!!!!!!!!

Joined 24-Apr-10

Top Poster
9-Jul-12 7:06 am
Nikki - I hope that works for you.  I will be checking my cm as well but from what I understand, the girl diet and rephresh will affect your cm.  I can make it seem like you are not O'ing when you really are.  Keep me posted!

[/url]

Joined 29-Apr-12

Top Poster
9-Jul-12 7:09 am

Hi,

I'm planning on TTC in August.  I am in Brisbane Australia.  SoReady, I have seen the Clearblue OPK's in chemists and even in supermarkets.  They are similar to the clearblue pregnancy tests but say ovulation instead.  They are really expensive but I'm sure they will be worth it.

I bought some from ebay and they took a while to show up. I think it is really important to catch the beginning of the surge especially if you are doing O  + 12.  I find that the strip OPK's allow for too much interpretation and I think I may have been noting a positive OPK later than the first real positive OPK had I been using the digital.  I didn't get a chance to test that theory this month because my O surprised me 2 days early.

Baby Boy 2010 ; Baby Boy 2011 ; Baby Girl 2013

Thanks IG, for helping me make my dream a reality!

Lilypie Maternity tickers

My sway: http://www.in-gender.com/cs/forums/p/253910/2366711.aspx#2366711

Joined 24-Apr-10

Top Poster
9-Jul-12 7:39 am
Nes - I haven't seen them here in Canberra but I will look again. I have checked at Woolies & the Chemists but I guess I can go by another chemists just in case.  The ones that I bought were the 1st Response OPK kit.  Where are you at in your cycle?

[/url]

Joined 13-Jun-12

9-Jul-12 8:38 am
Soready it's my first month off bc so I'm not sure if it will happen this quick or not. I did ovulate 2-3 days after bd so we shall see. Dh and I have been on supplements and avoiding boy foods. Also checked ph and used replens when it started creeping up. The typical missionary with shallow penetration and no big o. I haven't gotten into the ions or the biorythms and moon stuff.....too complicated. I think important thing is to keep your ph down low.

Joined 24-Apr-10

Top Poster
9-Jul-12 6:22 pm
Pedsrn - I agree that keeping your ph low seems to be a key factor.  I just started the girl diet so I'm not sure how well it is going to work for me this month.  Also, I haven't been super strick with the diet except for with the caffeine, dairy, cranberry juice, and crystal light.  I am hoping that the sudafed and lemon douche that I plan on taking will do the trick.  All the moon stuff is just for fun!

[/url]

Joined 29-Apr-12

Top Poster
9-Jul-12 6:29 pm

SoReady - can you get to a Chemist warehouse?  They have it on their website (search ovulation).  It's $53 for 7 tests - very $$$ but I think worth it.  Maybe just have a look at the website to check out the packaging and then look at woolies or other chemists.   The packaging looks very similar to the pregnancy tests so maybe you just overlooked it.  I think other brands sell a similar product too and it may be called "pregnancy planning kit".

Let me know how you go. 

My cycle is CD22 today.  I should O around 3 August.  You?

Joined 24-Apr-10

Top Poster
9-Jul-12 6:51 pm
Nes - I am only on cd5 and FF has me O'ing sometime between July 20-24th.  I will look at the Chemists again, maybe they were out.  If I cant find any around here before the 17th then I will just use the ones that I already have.  I dont think that we have Chemist warehouse but I think we have a specialty chemist on the other side of town that I can check at.  How long are your cycles normally?  Do you have everything that you need for yor sway?

[/url]

Joined 29-Apr-12

Top Poster
9-Jul-12 7:43 pm

SoReady - there are 2 chemist warehouses in Canberra but not sure if they are near you.  You could also maybe see if you can buy from their online store if you can't get to a store.

My cycles are usually 28 days.  O was out by 2 days this cycle (not sure why) so am interestered to see if the cycle length will change too.

DH and I have been o the diet for about 3 weeks now.  Following the recipes in the cookbook.  Trying to drink milk, peppermint tea, cranberry juice and Crystal Light every day - so much liquid.  Also upping my yoghurt consumption. 

I'm waiting for my pH meter to arrive as well as some more Crystal Light. I have bought Replens and Sylk for lube too. I have a rose quartz, moonstone and amethyst bracelet.  I am waiting for salt lamps to arrive.  I have a usb ioniser (I spend WAY too much on the computer) and have a lot of lavendar products. I have Sudafed (not PE) too. I think that's about it.  I figure that I don't want to have any regrets so even though I'm not a strong believer in ions etc it's worth a shot.  It's easy to get all this stuff but putting it all into action on the day is going to be the challenge. Pray

What are you doing for your sway?

Joined 8-Apr-10

Top Poster
9-Jul-12 9:37 pm
Hi ladies! Good luck for July! I am a couple of days away from my attempt this cycle. My sway is a lot more relaxed than the previous attempts. Really hoping for a BFP this month : ) FX XX

Update! Identical twin girls! Baby Bear Girl Baby Bear Girl

Our family: Baby Bear Boy 2008 Baby Bear Boy 2010 Baby Bear Girl Baby Bear Girl 2013

Joined 29-Apr-12

Top Poster
10-Jul-12 6:06 am
Good luck Maple!!  Sending you lots and lots of pink dust!

Page: of 23